Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: ☺░▒▒▓D Or holy crap there's a goblin on my keyboard! g Or in other words ASCII  (Read 24260 times)

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia

Biskup is still alive, hes just working on the sequal.(at snail pace sure, but working none the less)
DUDE!!! You've made my week!!!!   
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Is there any info on the development or something?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.adom.de/blog/category/jade/

I believe that is what's being referred to, unless I'm missing something.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

There's a video somewhere in there and iirc there are also randomly generated worlds and a zoom out feature in the world map, just to get an idea of how big the worlds are intended to be.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well he is actually right Roguelikes do suck.

Atleast the majority do and people still eat them up. (I really dislike Elitist communities which plague Roguelikes like it is a requirement)

The point is to find the few that are actually any good or that have non-horrible communities.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, who's right?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, who's right?

Ductape apperantly... though his criticism is only that ASCII graphics are bad

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia

what does it matter how a community is like when playing a game? ???

There may be roguelikes you dislike... I don't play roguelikes just becasue they are... I, at least try them, because I now know they can have an incredible gameplay and be very complex (not having to waste time with rendering and stuff).

I don't know who plays for elitist reasons... ::)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

roguelikes are my favorite genre, so now Im an elitist?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait what? Stop putting words into my mouth guys! I might as well deal with this now.

what does it matter how a community is like when playing a game?

The "Or" I put in means that you can enjoy a good community. I've played a few games I didn't think were all that good but I stayed because of the great community aspect.

roguelikes are my favorite genre, so now Im an elitist?

Nope. Well you COULD be an elitist, I don't know you that well, but it would be unrelated to you liking roguelikes.

There may be roguelikes you dislike... I don't play roguelikes just becasue they are

What? Alright Ill try rewording what I meant.

There are many bad roguelikes out there, but the point of people liking them is because there are a few very good roguelikes out there. (Don't throw the baby out with the bath water)

I don't know who plays for elitist reasons

I think this whole elitist movement came out of animocsity between Gamers and Casual Gamers. Games are becoming overly simplistic and easier to appeal to casual gamers more and more so some of the Gamers are starting to become resentful. They flock to Roguelikes as an island of difficulty that keeps the rabble outside.

That and some people are just plain jerks!

Well ok it is more involved then that. It would be interesting to see a sociology paper on this.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile

JADE...it's a shame that the dev. of the game is extremely slow. -> "I still expect to start real work on JADE in autumn."  :-\

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

JADE...it's a shame that the dev. of the game is extremely slow. -> "I still expect to start real work on JADE in autumn."  :-\
And of course you know "real work" means "planning to do real work."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They flock to Roguelikes as an island of difficulty that keeps the rabble outside.
I am totally unaware of this. I had an older brother who played NetHack. That's how I got into them.

Seriously, stop trying to start a flame war.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile

They flock to Roguelikes as an island of difficulty that keeps the rabble outside.
I am totally unaware of this. I had an older brother who played NetHack. That's how I got into them.

Seriously, stop trying to start a flame war.
No, he is right. Roguelikes are about as far from "casual" as you can get, their just unapealing to that audience.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Flamewar? inaluct your actually fostering the flames a bit more then I am by intentional misinterpreting my information!  >:(

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Flamewar? inaluct your actually fostering the flames a bit more then I am by intentional misinterpreting my information!  >:(
You're in here accusing people of liking roguelikes as some sort of "we're more hardcore than you" club.

Here.

On a forum about Dwarf Fortress. A roguelike forum.

Doesn't it occur to you that this could start a flamewar?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7