Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarf #22  (Read 1405 times)

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
dwarf #22
« on: May 18, 2009, 12:47:04 pm »

just got an adamantium-induced ruler ..  on a fort with popcap 10. 

working on digging out his big rooms and filling them with microcline furniture as we speak. 

wish me luck. 
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

Jakkarra

Re: dwarf #22
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 12:48:02 pm »

so you want to blind your king?

very dwarven of you.

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 01:15:16 pm »

join the club, my fortress ended in a tuntrum sprial caused by my kining accidentially falling off a bridge over a chasm. I guess i let him get to friendly (no I mean they really liked him).
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 01:31:03 pm »

join the club, my fortress ended in a tuntrum sprial caused by my kining accidentially falling off a bridge over a chasm. I guess i let him get to friendly (no I mean they really liked him).
Hey, dwarven culture at it's finest!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 01:36:58 pm »

My king once showed up in a fort with 4 dwarves left, 4 out of the 70 reclaiming dwarfs  :P

That fort was wicked... so many dwarf bones, even an artifact bone bracelet made from dwarf! Remaining 4 dwarfs were not tamtrumming anymore, but each of them killed like 3 dwarfs, they were all happy for punishment being delayed! (and throwing stuff, and punching other dwarfs... and legendary dining room). One of them was a thrower from tantrumming.

So yeah, king goes there. They like the smell of adamantium, no matter how much miasma is mixed in. His discription said he liked to try new things though.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 10:52:30 pm »

Yeah one of my saddest forts went from 150 dwarves to 4 dwarves after an intense break into a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
After one brave dwarf gave his life removing a wall that held back the aquifer we had mined back, flooding the entire mine, we managed to wall the last
into the mortuary area, where he proceeded to destroy the burial spot of every dwarf in my fortress.
3 of the survivors were gravely injured and the last dwarf spent all his time treating them. A guard recovered and almost murdered the last dwarf, who apparantly had killed a dog during the chaos surrounding the opening of the
Anyways, the King and all the rest of the replacement nobles arrived in the Spring, sadly with no civilian dwarves. A titan arrived, and after a frantic chase through the fort structure, managed to beat to death every noble but the hammerer. The original 4 survived, locked into the old Duke's room which I had converted into a hospital. The crazy titan was eventually locked into the dungeon area of the fort where he remains to this day.
So yeah, the King got killed pretty hard, ripped limb for limb in the middle of a booze stockpile, and since all I had left was one champion guardsdwarf and an old jeweler who spent his time feeding the other two, he wasn't even buried.
Whoops.
Shoulda brought some soldiers with him I guess.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 01:03:41 am »

Stick the King in a cage and trade him to the Elves for a bin of cloth!

It's what i did.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 07:14:02 am »

It's what i did.
Honestly? Awesome! How much was he worth? Did you use legends to find out what ever happened to him?
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 07:50:23 am »

I don't remember how much he was worth, but he just vanished off the face of the earth in Ledgends. A new king was never elected, ever.

I don't think the game was designed to handle you trading your king to the Elves, he just sort of ceased to exist :P

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 01:09:37 pm »

It's what i did.

Please, please, tell us the secret of how to cage and sell nobles. Dwarven science needs to know!

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 01:22:47 pm »

It's what i did.

Please, please, tell us the secret of how to cage and sell nobles. Dwarven science needs to know!

My guess: make sure he falls asleep/unconscious on a tile with a cage trap.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 01:46:21 pm »

Elfy McMerchant has been happy recently. He has complained of the lack of chairs lately. He had a truely royal meal.

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 02:05:06 pm »

Epic things.

...You don't still happen to have that save, do you?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 03:39:04 pm »

I'm guessing he found some way to push the king down his injury pit (which had a cage trap at the bottom).  I'm guessing bridge-a-pult?