Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Human: Play Now! (Contains Spoilers) <World uploaded>  (Read 5018 times)

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human: Play Now! (Contains Spoilers) <World uploaded>
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 02:09:49 pm »

:C Ive scoured the topic, but I still can't find what mods were used. I don't suppose anyone who got it working wants to tell me. Or even upload their creature raws
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 02:17:41 pm »

Probably the orc mod.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2009, 02:57:34 pm »

well so far it has said that it's missing DIRE_WOLF and GIANT_WOODLAND_SPIDER, so I don't think it's just the orcs mod

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2009, 09:30:13 pm »

I'm interested by this, but in all honesty I don't think I even need the armor. I mean look at this:

<snip>

Dragon dead in 2 turns.

Why do I need stronger things again?
I genned the world with megabeast [CAN_LEARN] tags. Apparantly wasn't enough. :P Also, where'd you find the dragon?

:C Ive scoured the topic, but I still can't find what mods were used. I don't suppose anyone who got it working wants to tell me. Or even upload their creature raws
I'm sorry, yeah, you need the orc mod for it to work. Should've mentioned that before.
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human: Play Now! (Contains Spoilers)
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2009, 09:46:47 pm »

Okay, first 'version' of the fort is finished. It should be quite easily beatable, as I succumbed to a goblin invasion, and they're all friendly.

I seem to have a slight problem, namely that the version I got hasn't quite succumbed to the invasion...
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2009, 11:51:37 pm »

Sweet, i thought i'd wait till the next version to get back to DF, but i changed my mind, i'll get the file tomorrow and try this.

Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human: Play Now! (Contains Spoilers)
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2009, 01:42:37 am »

I seem to have a slight problem, namely that the version I got hasn't quite succumbed to the invasion...
Oh crap, I uploaded the wrong folder. You can just abandon and it's the same as the one I'm uploading right now.

Edit: New link > http://files.filefront.com/13799129

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 02:07:42 am by Raz »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2009, 09:08:41 pm »

sweet damn theres a lot of raw adamantine just lying around. I've seen over 100 chunks. Just entering the fortress, continuing deeper now.

edit: alot of engravings. Something about a dehydrated donkey. Orcs being stomped to death by donkeys. Lots of donkey related stuff here. Ok now theres a bunch of stuff about a demon named Ungod that was released in 601

Further edit:
I think the whole "trial of agility" is broked. Outrunning the lava is easy, but none of the levers seems to open a door to go further into the fortress.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:24:48 pm by piecewise »

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2009, 11:07:39 pm »

Thanks for reporting back. The lever in the engraved square room after you outrun the magma should open up the floodgate after the entrance to the Trial of Agility. I’m pretty sure it works, although I’ll have to check again when I get back home.
Yeah, the adamantine was sealed in along with the demons, so I couldn’t use it. I’ll see if I can get rid of it and other litter. Maybe make the entrance a bit less dull too.

Haha, the engravings are from all the caravans I sentenced to death by imprisonment. Ungod is the demon leader, and I quite like his name, hehe.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2009, 11:57:55 pm »

Yeah there is so much freaking adamantine that I could buy the world if they'd let me. I'll try that thing with the trial, see if it works.

also are the demon pits still open? I get occationally mobbed by them and one time I got a message about 5 all suddenly bleeding to death at the same time. I'm a little worried about what caused all that.

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2009, 06:58:21 am »

Yeah, next upload I'll get rid of all the clutter, it will hopefully increase loading times as well. Trial worked by the way. I had to seal in the demon pits unfortunately. I'll open it back up so you can check it out.

It probably wasn't a good idea to abandon at the goblin siege, because they're duking it out with the demons in the final room. There's not much room to fight and/or dodge, and the space below is rather.. hot. :P

carebear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2009, 09:58:08 am »

Yeah, next upload I'll get rid of all the clutter, it will hopefully increase loading times as well.
I assume you mean decrease loading times or increase loading speed?  :D

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2009, 02:31:49 pm »

Does anyone here know where the first trial starts in the fortress? I'm in, but I don't know what to do really. When you first enter, you go past the battlements over the bridge, and I went right inside. The first room has two levers to each side of the room on the top left and bottom left corners. Than there's the big room with the engravings, and there's a floodgate at the top.

Through obligatory save scumming, I also went downwards from that room into the corridor, and off to one side is a lever, but all that does is close a floodgate back into the big engraving room. Than to the south, and upstairs you go to the room with the engraved pillars and the lever in the center. I still don't know what to do with that, as when I pulled it, nothing happened, all around.

Now the only thing I DO know, is that if you exit that room eastward, go up the corridor and pull the lever, and go back down, you will notice something hot in your face. Yes magma, released from a flood gate next to the obsidian pillar at the end of the corridor.

As is said, the magma is easy to outrun, but thats where I don't know where to go, besides making a beeline right out of there.

I have no freaking idea which trial starts where. Can I get a mapped outline or something here?

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2009, 04:08:56 pm »

I have no clue about the trials seeing as this world runs debilitatingly slow on my computer. I reached the fort once just to receive a message about a tentacle demon stabbing the human guild representative in the face. It was pierced through entirely.

I only made it about 20 steps before I encountered a different tentacle demon who proceeded to rip me apart. Once I get a half decent computer I'll definitely give this a good run through.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2009, 05:27:06 pm »

Also note that sealed demon pits cause a huge processor hit due to thousands of pathfinding loops for the trapped demons.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5