Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Human: Play Now! (Contains Spoilers) <World uploaded>  (Read 5024 times)

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Human: Play Now! (Contains Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 08:14:11 pm »

Sure, but not before I spice the fortress up a bit. ;D

I'll clean the fortress of any potentially scattering items (looks a lot cleaner, no taking advantage of wealth and gear), and create three trials before the adventurer may obtain the armour. I'll also see if I can make that an artifact weapon instead.

Don't read if you want the trials spoiled.
Spoiler: The Trials (click to show/hide)

Oh, and there's also an artifact adamantine ring called Mythacrid in the fort, worth a million 'umiebucks. You'll find it decorated on armour a lot.

This might take me a few more days, unless you want it immediately of course. Take note that I lowered the orcs' damblock to 2, and lowered ammo from 100 to 20. They're still overpowered, and you can't kill them as easily with ranged weaponry anymore. So that might explain why they haven't trampled everybody yet (I wanted an old(er) world with all the civs where orcs weren't too overrepresented). It's the year 603 by the way.

Edit: I also found out what my humans were up to after the abandoning - They formed a new group and reclaimed a destroyed human town called Twisteddawn, not far from Escema "Pointcries" (the fort). When I first entered the city I got a message that 4 or 5 wagons were scuttled, followed shortly by an insane amount of combat messages of human champions kicking the shit out of 2 orc caravans from the orc civ (The Hermitic Flies) that used to besiege us. Awesome. I even managed to recruit a few of my old elites.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:21:49 pm by Raz »
"I can't wait to procrastinate!"

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 08:22:50 pm »

Well you could release the regular saved file, and then the 'fun' version in a few days. I'd be willing to play both.

If you want to make a point out of this, perhaps you might withhold it for a few days anyway, just to give us a challenge. Depends on what you want to do, though the latter sounds both fun, and 'fun'.

Also, please don't make it so that it can be sealed off. I'd like a few attempts if anything. It sounds really hard as is, with the demons and all. Traps and fall down several Z-levels sounds like insanity. In a good way.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:27:02 pm by WorkerDrone »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 08:27:15 pm »

I think an ~3 z-level drop with booze and food.  Please. Don't put more than a single weapon in each trap.  Ummm... Try to make it actually beatable... Please?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 08:30:14 pm »

Pressure plates don't work in adventure mode. Weapon traps might, but you'll have to enable traps in the init file.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 08:32:47 pm »

Cage traps break the game, btw.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 08:48:18 pm »

If you get caught in a Cage Trap, its akin to being insta-killed.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 09:04:56 pm »

Since there is no one to free you, and time hinges on your move... And your turn doesn't come up in a cage...

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 10:12:33 pm »

Sounds awesome; the Play Now, not the cage thing. I'll definitely have to take a swing at it.

Do we have to genocide the elves for your door to open, or do we just have to say "friend"?
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 01:30:30 am »

No traps of any kind work. Just a heads up.

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 07:38:15 am »

Thanks for the advice guys. I finished the construction of the trials today and will proceed with testing tomorrow.

Oh, and I added quite a bit of magma to make the final battle extra epic. :)

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 08:21:15 am »

I'm sure it will be epic.

A tale to end all tales.

A tale that 300 1 man stood against 1 Million countless Demons from the deeps.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 08:23:46 am »

I like this.

I do something similar.  Since I've added a fair amount of weaponry to the game, including daggers, I have something I call a "thieve's challenge", which requires finding the Capital of a Human or Lizardman civilization (Made them a civ myself, even working on graphics for 'em) and finding and stealing A: the best possible equipment (To clarify, starting with the best leather and almost always keeping a dagger as the primary weapon throughout) from the stores, and then B: stealing the best items from the shops.  And then fighting the way out.

As an aside, how well does that 30 damage from arrows work out?  Are they still deadly but not so instant?  I might just add various levels of arrows to my game -each with a different damage/ability- if that's the case...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:25:20 am by Shima »
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

Raz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 08:28:55 am »

I found that 30 is quite alright, although you might have to increase armour by 1.5 or 2 to reduce chance of those criticals. I'll do some testing on this.

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 08:34:09 am »

I'm thinking it might be feasible to add different kinds of arrows for different situations.  Regular arrows, Bodkins (higher damage), broadheads (always get stuck), fire arrows (Fun in a can), flathead (blunt damage), so forth.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

ProfessorA

• Bay Watcher
  • don't close your eyes, they'll get your eyelids
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 01:09:42 pm »

Trials?  Reading those I'm surprised you didn't name your fort "HiddenTemples" or mod in a deity named "Olmec"
That said I think you're onto the epic apex of adventurer mode and can't wait for its completion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5