Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421118 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #525 on: November 26, 2009, 04:25:28 pm »

Wait, was Bloodfist removed?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 26, 2009, 09:34:24 pm »

I noticed somebody removed Captain Fwiffo's ship from the map. My response, I set a GCS somewhere on the map.

Nooooooooooo!

Not Fwiffo! THOSE BASTARDS!
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 27, 2009, 12:34:48 am »

Someone removed the bloody sword someone put on my statue's crotch, and someone (I know who, but feel exposing him would be a reprehensible act) removed the cigar the same person (again, I know who added these things, but I find it funny and, as before, find ratting people out reprehensible) had put in its mouth... But whatever, the shit was funny, but not mine, and I'm not going to put it back myself.

I have not seen much destruction going on, a little defacement and flooding, but not real vandalism, certainly not the degree I understand occurs elsewhere, and reduces everyone to shrieking, paranoid assholes... I spent some time reading the minecraft forum and wiki, and it left a bad taste in my mouth. So much pretentious, factionalist asshattery... Now, I don't have the patience to grief; I'd much rather build something hideously gaudy and dominating, much more entertaining than tearing apart shit you know's just gonna be put right back up, with some twit feeling all self-righteous and pissy warm and fuzzy inside that his trash was worth destroying in the first place... >:| Which is a shame, because I'd love to bring retribution down upon them for being so fucking self-righteous.

Ugh, seeing that garbage put me in a foul mood (some things just strike a nerve...), but it does make me damn glad this place is different, by some goddamn miracle... But then I like being laid-back and nonchalant about shit like that, getting worked up over a little damage is just a waste of energy, and suffering some vandalism is far preferable to demeaning myself by falling into paranoia and anger.

But on to more pleasant matters: I personally think the current map's getting pretty crowded, and nice as it is to have shit you've built, the real fun's in building it in the first place (another reason griefing fundamentally fails: the whole fucking point of the game is to build shit, so tearing it down just gives someone the opportunity to build some more...), so I'd like to cast my vote in favor of a new map, whatever that counts for. I don't presume so much as to think that means more than just that I, for one, won't protest any change, but I think it's still worth saying. Anyone else thing our current sideshow's gotten a bit full? :D
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 27, 2009, 12:41:22 am »

I think the time for a new map may be soon as well- it's starting to get to a point for really, REALLY good structures are hard to see, find, or notice as exceptional because it's so crowded. Plus there's a "realm of chaos" situation starting to occur, where there's so many structures that the concept of being above or below the ground is losing its meaning.

And what was so horrible on the wiki? I saw plenty of griefing/anti-griefing tactics, but that just seems to be the internet.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #529 on: November 27, 2009, 01:11:28 am »

Shame really.

I put alot of work into Bloodfist. At least anyone who saw it and had a tour of it got to see my work, and what I intended for DF. Hell, I'm rather impressed how well I made it; but I knew it was eventually going to come to this.

All I can say is, thank goodness that was one of the first structures made before madness struck. My goal for it, personally, was for it to at least be in the sky for about a week.

Considering it was under attack, I figured I could show just how well designed it is, being modular and all. Hell (hops back on server), let's crack that to 11.

Behold, one of the many options of overkill one could modify the beast into. I might screencap it for posterity.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 27, 2009, 01:41:48 am »

Nooooo...
Not my Sprites.
Edit: Oh, someone fixed them. Thanks whoever it was.
Me and Someguyo removed everything we found.

What you can do is make backup saves every so often. Just copy the map file and paste it in the same folder and it gets numbered and everything.

I know, I did such things, but I can only do it when Im around, and I was away for a large chuck of time between my last two visits.

I noticed somebody removed Captain Fwiffo's ship from the map. My response, I set a GCS somewhere on the map.

EDIT:
AUGH! MY TRON LIGHT-CYCLE!!!

Captain Fwiffo's ship? Was that the large intangible mess floating in the sky? I really doubt it, but I did remove this weird..thing, above what I was building. It didn't look at all like a ship, though. Looked like a bunch of T's, really.

Someone removed the bloody sword someone put on my statue's crotch, and someone (I know who, but feel exposing him would be a reprehensible act) removed the cigar the same person (again, I know who added these things, but I find it funny and, as before, find ratting people out reprehensible) had put in its mouth... But whatever, the shit was funny, but not mine, and I'm not going to put it back myself.

I have not seen much destruction going on, a little defacement and flooding, but not real vandalism, certainly not the degree I understand occurs elsewhere, and reduces everyone to shrieking, paranoid assholes... I spent some time reading the minecraft forum and wiki, and it left a bad taste in my mouth. So much pretentious, factionalist asshattery... Now, I don't have the patience to grief; I'd much rather build something hideously gaudy and dominating, much more entertaining than tearing apart shit you know's just gonna be put right back up, with some twit feeling all self-righteous and pissy warm and fuzzy inside that his trash was worth destroying in the first place... >:| Which is a shame, because I'd love to bring retribution down upon them for being so fucking self-righteous.

Ugh, seeing that garbage put me in a foul mood (some things just strike a nerve...), but it does make me damn glad this place is different, by some goddamn miracle... But then I like being laid-back and nonchalant about shit like that, getting worked up over a little damage is just a waste of energy, and suffering some vandalism is far preferable to demeaning myself by falling into paranoia and anger.

But on to more pleasant matters: I personally think the current map's getting pretty crowded, and nice as it is to have shit you've built, the real fun's in building it in the first place (another reason griefing fundamentally fails: the whole fucking point of the game is to build shit, so tearing it down just gives someone the opportunity to build some more...), so I'd like to cast my vote in favor of a new map, whatever that counts for. I don't presume so much as to think that means more than just that I, for one, won't protest any change, but I think it's still worth saying. Anyone else thing our current sideshow's gotten a bit full? :D

I removed the sword. It was far less worse than the last thing that plagued that area of the statue, but I still didn't think people would be too thrilled with the new addition either.  :-\ What I'm saying here is giant nudity is not fun. Didn't touch the cigar though. Didn't even see one, wasn't really paying attention.

I noticed the huge cave filled with magma, but I thought that was by design / a horrible accident and not some trolls.

It was something in the fortress, and it was flooded with water, and from what I gathered, it was either fault to a person who thought tunneling down through lakes was a good idea, or a greifer.

Also, yes, new map good idea.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 27, 2009, 02:13:00 am »

Ok, the wiki wasn't so bad. It was just... kind of shitty. But then most wikis are, and the dorf fort wiki is just some unholy aberration of actually fucking useful and well made.

But certain attitudes just piss me off to no end, and the minecraft community seems to be a goddamn breeding ground for them... Perhaps I'm just in a particularly foul mood, I don't know; I've been ranting about everything from how Games Workshop is the very definition of evil to how pretentious the architecture at a local mall is... to people I don't usually stream-of-consciousness rant to.

Like I said, I know who removed the cigar, but I think calling attention to who he is would be petty. I do have some sense of ethics, after all, unusual though they may be. About the sword: whatever man, I won't (and haven't) add(ed) anything like that myself, but if shit shows up, take it down yourself (or order someone else to do it...), don't wait for me (not that anyone has...). If I don't know who did it I'll probably deal with it myself, assuming I see it before someone else deals with it, but if I do know, and find it funny, I won't bother unless it screws up what I'm doing. (In general, I mean, I know the statues days are numbered, and can't wait to build something even more horrendous. :D )

I will, however, help people that want it clean up *water* floods, or magma ones in particularly small areas. If I'm not too busy, and of course only if I'm actually online...

So, how soon can we expect that fresh map?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 02:28:07 am by Sir Pseudonymous »
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 27, 2009, 02:40:05 am »

This may be a stupid idea, but perhaps we could only send the links to the map via PM to people we can trust or something? And by people we can trust I basically mean anyone who's not a known troll and has above 5 posts.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

alesto

• Escaped Lunatic
  • >:|
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 27, 2009, 02:41:35 am »

I agree the map has gotten kind of overcrowded, when i first logged on, the only 'ugly' thing I really noticed was...well.. reasonablecorp.  It just dominated the skyline and seemed desperate for attention IMO. other than that there were A LOT of cool architecture- The floating castles and airships Inspired me to create my own on other maps and the way the mountains seemed to be cut into the skyline I really felt impressed me for such a simple game. Ive gotta say, the map in its current state just isnt as good as it was, But i wouldnt call it "bad" by any means.

regardless,It would be interesting, to see what we could create given a new, blank template

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 27, 2009, 03:29:29 am »

Not to sound like too much of a jackass, but given that you had to register an account just to talk about this, I believe he was referring to people like you.  I was wondering who that "alesto" I kept seeing in servers was.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 27, 2009, 05:00:56 am »

hmm, a new map would be good

eventhough it leaves me sour that my old work would be lost

that sphere thing was just finished yesterday and took me 3 days
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 27, 2009, 05:06:19 am »

A new map would be good. I'm going to see about not getting my comp to be less laggy
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 27, 2009, 07:54:01 am »

And so my library gets lost before I finish it. Can't I have 2 or 3 more weeks?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 27, 2009, 08:24:57 am »

We could simply set up a natrualising project, puhing everything down to it's natural state, but leaving the Library.

Therefore, we have a flat map again, but we keep the library and possibly anything else people feel the need to keep.

I guess we could use Omen, but this way is more fun :3

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 27, 2009, 09:00:13 am »

I suggest the whole fortress built at the beginning, the one with akroma lag, is kept too.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 1380