Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421272 times)

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #375 on: September 03, 2009, 07:54:22 pm »

I just found a small group of skeletons. Knowing that they shoot arrows now, I built a small dirt wall to cover me, and a stepping block. Then, I started shooting them from long range. When I ducked back down, there were arrows flying all around me. Now THAT was some intense shit.

EDIT: Died. I heard some footsteps, so I looked around, saw nothing. I kept looking around until I gave up and kept walking, when all of a sudden a zombie came and attacked me from behind. The enemies are a lot more powerful, I didn't have a chance.

Also, you can load levels you make in sandbox, and they'll have enemies and all that. Seems like it could be put to some interesting use.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:08:28 pm by Broose »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 03, 2009, 08:29:20 pm »

Also, you can load levels you make in sandbox, and they'll have enemies and all that. Seems like it could be put to some interesting use.

WHAAAA?

I thought you had just run into a bug or something, so I tried it out myself.  Loaded up one of my castle-building maps, didn't see anything unusual.  Walking.  Walking.  Walking.

Suddenly, zombies!  Thousands of them!

The funny thing is, I design all my buildings with lots of bolt-holes and panic rooms.  Only in death do I realize my folly - zombies can use bolt-holes too, and panic rooms have no exits!  Man, this just plain awesome.  You can use the sandbox to make maps, then load them in survival mode to Test Your Might.  I can't fucking wait for multiplayer support.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 03, 2009, 09:01:30 pm »

The game generated something awesome in my world.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you don't see what that is, it's a cavern inside a cliff face, with two holes in them, and a skeleton shooting out of that hole. Awesome.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 03, 2009, 09:22:07 pm »

It's a naturally occurring undead apartment.

Dammit Notch, take a working vacation, we need multiplayer!
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 04, 2009, 02:16:55 am »

I just had a lot of fun in a little village I made. Some creepers spawned in a tower, and I shot them all. It triggered a chain-reaction that totally destroyed the tower and created a deep pit, which hit magma/lava. Then some pigs that were hidden in a small chamber ran out after the explosion opened it and fell in the magma. Poor pigs, they weren't able to give me their food!

I also got at least 15 skeletons into a small hole. They were trying to shoot me while inside, and basically made a stream of arrows firing out of the little hole. Then I shot a few and triggered an arrow explosion, which eliminated all of the skeletons and gave me 67 arrows.

In any case, WTB multiplayer, seriously.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 04, 2009, 11:52:25 am »

Survival is awesome.
I love how after a shoot out with a skeleton the arrows just stay there (for a bit).
Also being attacked by a creeper when underground is awesome.
Multiplayer will be even more awesome.
Also, the ability to load sandbox maps is perfect for me.
I made a huge castle+various buildings one, when I starfed minecraft.
I also used memory edits to give my castle a lava pit.
This is gonna be awesomeeeeeeee.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 04, 2009, 08:47:32 pm »

I seem to have an unnatural compulsion to dig elaborate subway systems that all invariably end up nowhere useful.

Also, we genned our first Large map on the IRC server the other day - and many of us saw mountains for the first time.

To say we wept glorious tears is an understatement.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 04, 2009, 08:54:07 pm »

Tommorrow, what say you all to a fortbuild?

we need nameses.

and serverses.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 06, 2009, 08:25:46 pm »

That sounds super cool.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 07, 2009, 12:29:18 am »

Indeed, we need a server we know we will all frequent. I myself have been rather active in TheOne's Lava Server, which after a few minutes floods the map with lava.

I also have a request. You see, I figured out how to change many of the textures. With this information I want to attempt making a Cave story set. Finding said tiles has proven difficult. It would be appreciated if somebody could find said tiles.

Otherwise I'll be making some different edits.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 07, 2009, 03:53:48 am »

I also have a request. You see, I figured out how to change many of the textures. With this information I want to attempt making a Cave story set. Finding said tiles has proven difficult. It would be appreciated if somebody could find said tiles.

Okay, open up the Cave Story directory and go in data.  In there, as well as the npc and stages folders (where most of the stuff you want is), any file of type .pbm can be opened in Paint.  And there you go!  I've got to see what this would look like, especially since every is so darkly colored.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2009, 10:05:21 pm »

Survival Mode can be played by anyone now instead of just those who've purchased the game!

I'm not surprised, as I shouldn't be, but I can't help but feel a little cheated.

Also, holy crap, bookshelves, cobblestones, floor tiles, and dynamite.  I just made a bitching villa, before creepers creeped in and bombed the foundation out.  Although I can't figure out how to make bookshelves, and the dynamite doesn't work on stone like I believe it should.

Seriously, everyone get the Hell in here and play this.  It's like the first time all over again.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2009, 10:13:17 pm »

I must admit that the Cave Stary tiles didn't work out too well, as the good textures are too big to fit in these 16x16 tiles. However, Spelunky does fit perfectly in there. Thus now I only play with Spelunky tiles. And it is good.

An-HOLY CRAP SURVIVAL MOED

Edit: Goddammit Notch, stop going on blog update binges!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:31:54 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 27, 2009, 03:46:59 pm »

Bumpage.  Freebuild mode has been updated with the new tile types, including mossy stones, bricks, and bookshelves, along with the framerate improvements, new map generation (which is sadly lacking in good lakes), and all the other new tweeks.  Apparently the new server package is working too.

May as well say that with updates coming again and my computer back to functional, I'd be willing to host a 24/7 server.  Can't promise that yet.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 1380