Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426159 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20460 on: February 07, 2018, 06:58:11 am »

You might remember me as either that guy with the massive Immersive Engineering/Petroleum setup or that guy who fucked up the Vintage Story server.

Well, I've dropped out of the server game for now and have been slowly working on the following.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Eh, No hard feelings Meph, stuff like that happens sometimes.
What is that anyway, a huge vessel you're going to fill with molten iron or something?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20461 on: February 07, 2018, 08:00:44 am »

It's the current largest NuclearCraft fission reactor.

If you know much about modded MC, this might mean something. If not, it's meaningless numbers. I'm currently using fuel rods that, if I just had one cell in the reactor and nothing else, would give ~512 RF/t. With the number of cells, coolers, and graphite I've got in it (not much, probably 40 blocks out of 24*24*24 available), I'm generating 28.8k RF/t.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20462 on: February 07, 2018, 06:18:23 pm »

What are you doing that you need that much power!?!?!?!?!?!?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20463 on: February 07, 2018, 06:30:45 pm »

Void mining. We're also looking into Draconic Evolution so I'll need to work on more power gen to get that started.

I very rarely need to recharge my flux capacitor but, when I do, this reactor needs a few minutes to do so.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20464 on: February 11, 2018, 09:21:44 pm »

My server companion has created all of the draconium stuff he needs. This left me with stacks of ore in my void ore miner. What do you do with stacks of draconium when the only place to go from here is teching up in Draconic Evolution because of the overpowered AF chaos guardian? You use it to make things. Here's what I made with mine. I even have a stack and a half of blocks left.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20465 on: February 12, 2018, 01:32:55 pm »

I haven't played MineCraft in a long time.  The last time I was enjoying Direwolf20's modpack on the FTB app.  But it seems like that all kind of died.

Can someone suggest an equivallent modern modpack?  I tend to do singleplayer mostly and enjoy both tech and magic stuff.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20466 on: February 12, 2018, 01:55:41 pm »

(Sorry for posting so often but I can finally be useful for once)

I haven't played MineCraft in a long time.  The last time I was enjoying Direwolf20's modpack on the FTB app.  But it seems like that all kind of died.

Can someone suggest an equivallent modern modpack?  I tend to do singleplayer mostly and enjoy both tech and magic stuff.

It hasn't died, really. Most modpacks now seem to be on the Twitch launcher, including DW20's 1.12 pack. There's probably something for you on there. DW20, FTB Revelation (for something similar-but-different, though it has a fucked-up Advanced Rocketry config), Undiscovered if you like quest lines, crazy recipes, and exploring lost cities, The Clay Experience for once you get sick and tired of Tinkers and Draconic being in every single modpack ever.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20467 on: February 12, 2018, 02:59:45 pm »

Someone gave me the a windows 10 minecraft key he got for free when he bought his copy. Is there any way I can use that that does not involve logging into a xbox/microsoft account?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #20468 on: February 12, 2018, 04:04:19 pm »

(Sorry for posting so often but I can finally be useful for once)

It hasn't died, really. Most modpacks now seem to be on the Twitch launcher, including DW20's 1.12 pack. There's probably something for you on there. DW20, FTB Revelation (for something similar-but-different, though it has a fucked-up Advanced Rocketry config), Undiscovered if you like quest lines, crazy recipes, and exploring lost cities, The Clay Experience for once you get sick and tired of Tinkers and Draconic being in every single modpack ever.

I just spent over an hour trying to get the twitch app to work right.  Had to migrate my old Mojang account over to curse and kick the minecraft launcher into working right.  I have yet to actually try any of the quest line type mods in MC.  Remember, it's been a few years since I last played.  Kinda sucks that Thaumcraft is still playing catchup though.  I really loved that mod.

Okay, what does progressive mods and 'gating' mean?  I feel like a newb all over again.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20469 on: February 12, 2018, 04:11:41 pm »

It means that some features of mods will be locked behind "progression" milestones ex. mining 100 iron ores or something.

The only "quest" mod I played was regrowth, and that basically gave you the materials for rewards since it spawned you out on basically a barren desert area.

I'm... Going to have to go back and play that one. It was really well-structured.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20470 on: February 12, 2018, 04:26:12 pm »

... progressive mods ...

Where did you read this? I have an idea what it could mean but everyone uses it differently.

... gating ...

(TL;DR: Basically what Gentlefish said but I already had this typed up and wanted to share something a bit more insane than 100 iron ore)

I usually hear this as an expletive. In short, you're "gating" features people want behind mods that aren't really adding anything to the experience.

The above is a good example. In most other mods, the angel ring can be made once you kill some wither skeletons and capture a ghast with a cursed lasso. In Undiscovered, however, it's gated behind a Mekanism jetpack, some rod from Reliquary, and finding an end city with a floating ship and looting the elytra, among the other insanity you see pictured. All of that, and you get somewhat slow creative-style flight.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #20471 on: March 01, 2018, 07:03:37 am »

Is there a way to make last version of buildcraft and pretty much everything else compatible? All (probably outdated) wikis claim that MJ can be freely converted to RF, but it's impossible to do so in any way, shape or form. Can't even make buildcraft oil into thermal expansion fuel, because TE devs decided to make their own unique kind of oil.  ::) Now i'm sitting on a 3 sources of unusable buildcraft oil, and i already spent a lot of time in this world, before realaizing that a) buildcraft is totally broken. b) TE can be used for roughly same purposes(and i didn't installed it on start).
Also, just out of interest, what last version have industrial craft, buildcraft, forestry and railcraft at once? Last time i checked, starting from 1.8-1.9, they all falled victims to "nah i will not update for this version, takes too much time" and incompatibility hodgepodge.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:27:37 am by MCreeper »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20472 on: March 01, 2018, 08:08:30 am »

Is there a way to make last version of buildcraft and pretty much everything else compatible?

Nope, until someone makes a compatibility mod or everyone implements Buildcraft's unfinished special snowflake MJ api. Energy in modded Minecraft is a shit show. The introduction of "Forge Energy" was supposed to help but half of the energy-producing mods do their own thing anyway.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20473 on: March 01, 2018, 01:34:03 pm »

That's why I like 1.7.10 (and mekanism). They've figured out all of the energy conversion problems there.

I've been (re-re-)re-playing the Regrowth pack for 1.7.10 and this time I've been patient enough to really grind out the magical crops. I did make a small edit to Agricraft so that I only had to 10/10/10 my original base crops and come out with all of the mundane crops at 10/10/10.

I really just need to make a vertical farm for all of my mundane plants; they're too useful too often to not have them, and then I can hopperhock them all into composting bins or something. Then I'll have all the garden soil I need for my magical crops (which should also end up vertical for space reasons)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20474 on: March 01, 2018, 03:52:15 pm »

Got bored with vanilla and after watching some modded Minecraft videos, decided to install some mods myself.

I have Buildcraft, Mekanism, Galacticraft, Mystcraft, OpenComputers, and JourneyMap. I wanted some magic mods (Thaumcraft and Ars Magica) but turns out they're only available for 1.10 and I'm using 1.11 (wanted 1.12 but Galacticraft hasn't been updated for that yet.) OpenComputers is the one I'm most excited for; I'm having visions of fleets of robots mapping and surveying the environment and then going out harvesting resources like ores, oil, and meteorite chunks (on the Moon), and perhaps learning to recognize dungeons and reporting their locations back to base. I'll have enormous buildings everywhere, with oil refineries, nuclear reactors, chemical processing facilities, and so forth. It's gonna be epic.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 1363 1364 [1365] 1366 1367 ... 1380