Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1356 1357 [1358] 1359 1360 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426028 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20355 on: June 20, 2017, 10:45:32 am »

See the gloryspren?

I finally figured out how to make a fair-sized door to Moria. To do so I had to figure out how to move a chunk of blocks back three spaces, and various other things. But with the liberal application of redstone, it was done!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20356 on: June 20, 2017, 02:49:28 pm »

I've been playing the same world since around Beta 1.7 and I still haven't killed the Enderdragon. I should really get around to that sometime.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20357 on: June 20, 2017, 03:06:06 pm »

I always worry about my precious enchanted diamond armour. It's a residual worry, given I've plenty of diamonds thanks to Fortune III and chests of enchanted books.

But still, that pre-Fortune fear is there.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20358 on: June 29, 2017, 09:40:33 pm »

1. Oh god the OP post though...
2. I've been playing some modded minecraft and like everything else I install mods to, things went wrong, so I'm on 1.7.10, and I went through a chocolate quest dungeon, and I don't know what's SUPPOSED to be in the loot rooms, but crystals, gems and such from divineRPG are PROBABLY not it, and that was how I got full eden gear, with enchanted diamond armor before even going to the nether or end... it also turns out that chocolate quest bosses are REALLY not designed with eden weapons and myfit in mind, I just sorta ran around them at high speeds and either shot them with phaser or stabbed them with sword... one other problem I'm having is the DivineRPG weapons with ammo are just displaying Ammo Type and not listing the ammo (haven't actually tested whether they can USE the ammo though)

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20359 on: June 30, 2017, 03:35:37 am »

even if the OP hasn't updated in many years, at least they picked a title that still fits.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20360 on: June 30, 2017, 06:02:07 am »

Reading just the first couple of pages of this thread is actually pretty hilarious when you think about it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #20361 on: July 11, 2017, 05:35:47 pm »

I've been playing on the OBA Anarchy server (The Ryuken, a forumgoer here,  hosts it), wanted to see if more people would get on. IP is 167.114.1.219:25603 using unmodded 1.12

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20362 on: July 11, 2017, 05:40:33 pm »

even if the OP hasn't updated in many years, at least they picked a title that still fits.
True, that title is timeless. I mean I hope there never comes a time when minecraft no longer has blocks.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20363 on: July 11, 2017, 06:46:34 pm »

What if it had squares?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20364 on: July 11, 2017, 07:54:14 pm »

What if it had squares?
Aren't item frames square?

Horror

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #20365 on: July 25, 2017, 11:06:20 am »

Hello, I need some help regarding starting a Minecraft server and my old friends and community here at Bay 12 are probably one of the sanest groups of people in a sea of insanity that surrounds Minecraft.

I played Minecraft a bunch in the early days, with some of you all here on this forum, but since then have not. I now have a 5-year-old son who is starting to get into it and we have a YouTube channel that we are trying to grow together. It is not really a gaming channel but we are going to do some gaming videos as part of our mix. The channel is called Planet Milo if anyone is curious.

Ok so, I want to start our own server for us to live stream on and I have like a million questions. I have done some searching on my own but again, the sea of insanity always comes in. I need some help answering some questions and if anyone is especially skilled and would like to consult with me, I might even be able to flip you some dollars via PayPal or something. I will list out my questions and specifics below.

Mods and Family Friendly
I want to create a family friendly environment so I will want to add a few tools to keep it that way. I am also interested in learning more about modpacks that kids like to play. On a personal level I am interested in some of the technology packs and in particular, I thought Space Astronomy looked pretty fun. There is a Space Astronomy 2 out now by the same guy and while I cant find anywhere where he explains why it is different that the first, I guess it's "better" in some way.

I am open to suggestions here, I want something that has good STEM educational opportunities for kids of all ages. I need some mods to keep griefers out. I need some mods to make parents feel safe sending their kids to the server.

Hosting
I want mods and I want it up 24/7 and not at my house, so hosting is the way to go. I have tried Nitrado and it doesn't seem very good. I have a limited set of mod packs to choose from, though some are good, the options aren't unlimited and I cannot add any mods as far as I know. Is there a better option for hosting (amongst the THOUSANDS of choices) that will, for example, allow me to host a custom modpack? I also have a hosting environment for the various websites that I maintain, should I just manually install on there? IS there a Minecraft host that you can recommend that has a good cPanel and allows me to install the modpack of my choice and add a few parent control type mods?

Alright, that is a good start for now. I really appreciate any help and advice.

I got nothing

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20366 on: July 25, 2017, 11:46:47 am »

Hello, I need some help regarding starting a Minecraft server and my old friends and community here at Bay 12 are probably one of the sanest groups of people in a sea of insanity that surrounds Minecraft.

I played Minecraft a bunch in the early days, with some of you all here on this forum, but since then have not. I now have a 5-year-old son who is starting to get into it and we have a YouTube channel that we are trying to grow together. It is not really a gaming channel but we are going to do some gaming videos as part of our mix. The channel is called Planet Milo if anyone is curious.

Ok so, I want to start our own server for us to live stream on and I have like a million questions. I have done some searching on my own but again, the sea of insanity always comes in. I need some help answering some questions and if anyone is especially skilled and would like to consult with me, I might even be able to flip you some dollars via PayPal or something. I will list out my questions and specifics below.

Mods and Family Friendly
I want to create a family friendly environment so I will want to add a few tools to keep it that way. I am also interested in learning more about modpacks that kids like to play. On a personal level I am interested in some of the technology packs and in particular, I thought Space Astronomy looked pretty fun. There is a Space Astronomy 2 out now by the same guy and while I cant find anywhere where he explains why it is different that the first, I guess it's "better" in some way.

I am open to suggestions here, I want something that has good STEM educational opportunities for kids of all ages. I need some mods to keep griefers out. I need some mods to make parents feel safe sending their kids to the server.

Hosting
I want mods and I want it up 24/7 and not at my house, so hosting is the way to go. I have tried Nitrado and it doesn't seem very good. I have a limited set of mod packs to choose from, though some are good, the options aren't unlimited and I cannot add any mods as far as I know. Is there a better option for hosting (amongst the THOUSANDS of choices) that will, for example, allow me to host a custom modpack? I also have a hosting environment for the various websites that I maintain, should I just manually install on there? IS there a Minecraft host that you can recommend that has a good cPanel and allows me to install the modpack of my choice and add a few parent control type mods?

First off, anytime the bay 12ers are among the most sane, something has gone wrong

Second Off, there are numerous anti-grief plugins(similar to mods, but for servers), some prevent griefing in certain areas, some let you "lock" certain blocks (things like chests, hoppers, furnaces and brewing stands among others) although their support for mods will vary, and some plugins will be compatible with some mods but not others, logbook which lets you (or any person with certain permissions) see what has been changed from block breaking to chest/furnace/etc looting, and also lets you roll said changes back. There are also a large number of chat filter type things (ranging from anti-caps/spam to no swearing type things)

Third, There are a large number of science-y mods (although they all have some non-scientific things for the sake of making them work with the game/have a reason to be used/to make them not tedious) although most of the ones that are detailed enough for good teaching are usually for people older than 5. Some great sciencey mods are: Galaticraft and it's like 6 billion add-ons (although many of those aren't up to date) Galaticraft adds space travel (various types of rockets and various things involving them) and landing on the moon and making a space station (although many add-ons (IIRC including some by the people who made the default Galaticraft) add several other planets and moons and such)  I personally don't like galaticraft that much, It's a good mod with cool things but it's not really my "type" of mod (and you might want to make sure he understands that certain things have been added for gameplay, and aren't really on the space objects (such as the moon villagers and moon dungeons)). Minechem is also a cool mod, adding chemistry to minecraft (although that one is much more suited to people older than 5) Others Include Buildcraft and it's addons, Industrial Craft 2 and it's addons and Thermal expansion and it's addons

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #20367 on: July 25, 2017, 12:10:15 pm »

Mods and Family Friendly

Hosting

I think others will be better qualified to recommend the mods/modpack you are looking for, but I can recommend a hosting service: Akliz. I use it for my servers. Their prices are very reasonable, the servers run well, and on the off chance something goes wrong, their support staff are super helpful.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20368 on: July 25, 2017, 01:18:15 pm »

I peronally use Cubedhost to run a small server for my friends, and I find them great. Easy to use, a lot of mod packs pre built in, and their support is great.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #20369 on: July 25, 2017, 04:35:24 pm »

I got a server through Gamservers.com and it has McMyAdmin but it is super not easy to install something like FTB Beyond on there, no idea how to get this going :P

Maybe I should consider a less DIY host.
I got nothing
Pages: 1 ... 1356 1357 [1358] 1359 1360 ... 1380