Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1350 1351 [1352] 1353 1354 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425861 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20265 on: January 23, 2017, 02:53:24 pm »

I wouldn't mind trying out a pack that had chromaticraft, I'd seen someone playing with it and it looked awesome, if oddly focused on exploring to the point of being much easier to start once someone could copy some pages for you.

I'd tried a 1.10 pack recently and its neat, but a bit sparse? Still probably going to poke at it some more.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20266 on: January 23, 2017, 03:44:00 pm »

Oh no need to think of me when making one.
If you like complicated and high-tech mods, go ahead and use them.
I'm probably just not going to dabble in them very much.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20267 on: January 23, 2017, 05:08:53 pm »

Well.. I'm pretty sure no one is really interested in Pixelmon..
(Suggested it some time ago, but no one was interested.)

Don't have anything else to suggest at the moment though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20268 on: January 23, 2017, 05:14:15 pm »

So... beyond FTB infinity evolved, does anyone have a modpack suggestion?
Any particular launcher, or just 'pick one of the ones somewhere'?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

puterking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20269 on: January 24, 2017, 12:14:28 am »

I like looking all the way back at this thread when Minecraft was still a niche little toy. Nobody expected it to blow up like it did.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20270 on: January 24, 2017, 08:09:47 am »

Alright it sounds like people want something modded. If we're looking at 1.10 there are 5 FTB packs for that version:

https://www.feed-the-beast.com/modpacks?filter-game-version=1738749986%3A572&filter-sort=popularity

I could possibly do a custom pack instead but I am reluctant simply because it multiplies the time required to maintain it by a factor of 10. Are any of these appealing to people? I'd be okay with a skyblock but I get the feeling most people would not, so we could do Direwolf's curated pack or the FTB infinity lite. I will NOT be doing the FTB unstable, and I shouldn't need to tell anyone why. :P

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #20271 on: January 24, 2017, 08:46:09 am »

I've been enjoying the HermitPack with my mom. It's a pretty fun pack, and they've done some balancing to tone down the OP-ness of it (I think torcherinos are totally out now, for example). I would likely join in at least casually if you use that one.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20272 on: January 24, 2017, 08:55:39 am »

I've been enjoying the HermitPack with my mom. It's a pretty fun pack, and they've done some balancing to tone down the OP-ness of it (I think torcherinos are totally out now, for example). I would likely join in at least casually if you use that one.
I'll take a look at what is in it, I have no objection to using it personally so if that is what people want I'll get it set up.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20273 on: January 24, 2017, 09:29:12 am »

Did someone call me? :D
It has been a long time since the last time I played with you guys, and I'll have some available game-time in the following weeks, so I'll surely join you on a merry server, whatever the modpack is!
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #20274 on: January 24, 2017, 11:20:05 am »

Hermit looks like fun to me. I'd join a B12 server.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #20275 on: January 24, 2017, 01:33:20 pm »

Don't know how often I'd play but I'd happy to pop in occasionally on a bay12 server.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #20276 on: January 24, 2017, 02:31:52 pm »

Eh, like I said the issue I have with 1.10 is that the mods in them are quite sparse and not terribly interlinked. Also, there's often more missing features in the packs than added ones. One good example is TiCo, which has added tinker tanks. In return, the only ranged weapon present is the shuriken.

Actually, I believe crossbows have been re-added. They weren't there originally but I saw them recently in HermitPack. In fact, I think there were other types of tinker bows, too.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20277 on: January 24, 2017, 04:11:56 pm »

'balancing to reduce the OPness of it' always sounds suspicious to me as far as modpacks go after the nonsense we had with TDT (and the fact that I don't really care about whether or not things are OP as long as they fit the theme of the mod and you have to put at least some amount of effort into it/the automation for it), but otherwise it sounds alright enough. Psi looks interesting.

Except for Ender Zoo, which I'm assuming is still full of dumb enemies that were a pain in the butt to have show up iirc.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20278 on: January 24, 2017, 04:24:28 pm »

Right, so I am going to go ahead and start setting it up. Shouldn't take me long. Gotta play with a few things on my end to make sure it's all working. Once I have it up I'll post the info here but, due to the trouble we've seen in previous servers, I will have the whitelist turned on. Anyone who wants to join just PM me your minecraft name on here.

Anyone from bay12 is welcome, anyone NOT from bay12 is also welcome provided someone from bay12 recommends them.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20279 on: January 24, 2017, 04:25:51 pm »

is it survival or creative?

I assume it's survival, lol. Follow up question, does not eating kill you? Or does it just lower your health to half a heart?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 1350 1351 [1352] 1353 1354 ... 1380