Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 [1346] 1347 1348 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425667 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20175 on: October 09, 2016, 07:15:30 pm »

Does anyone have a server going? After finally getting MC working it would be nice to play with people!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20176 on: October 09, 2016, 11:52:57 pm »

There's something in there that auto-jumps you for single block height increases... it's a little fiddly, but not an unwelcome utility.

That's default Minecraft 1.10. It's got a toggle in the controls section.
Is it a nice step assist or is it a lazy literal auto-jump?
Also I technically have a server going, but its pretty much just because me and my friend wanted to mods and I can server the tiny cobbled together pack we've made.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:55:13 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20177 on: October 10, 2016, 04:23:49 am »

The minecraft default action is literally a jump, not a (relatively consistent) smooth transition as most modded step-assist works.

I found it extremely annoying and turn it off.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20178 on: October 10, 2016, 10:03:02 am »

Does anyone have a server going? After finally getting MC working it would be nice to play with people!
I agree
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20179 on: October 10, 2016, 10:09:29 am »

Well, are you guys asking about a modded server (if so, what pack) or a vanilla one?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20180 on: October 10, 2016, 01:43:28 pm »

That's default Minecraft 1.10. It's got a toggle in the controls section.

Shows ya how much I keep up with it....  :P

The vanilla versions were coming fast enough (and adding not-actually-that much, it seemed) that I couldn't be arsed to parse any of it.  Modded MC is such a vastly different experience, it's hard to go back to vanilla.

I found it extremely annoying and turn it off.

I thought it was okay, overall.... it kept me from hammering the space bar.  Grazing a corner would trigger it, but an angled approach at a long line wouldn't.  Some fine tuning is probably in order on that bit.  (I suspect it'll go on Mojang's list under the API :P )
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20181 on: October 10, 2016, 06:06:02 pm »

Personally I want to have a go on a modded server. Preferably one with limits on ME systems because holy balls do those things cause lag.
Are you sure its the ME system, or is it whats inputting to it thats causing the lag, like a BC quarry in another dimension or something?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20182 on: October 10, 2016, 06:24:35 pm »

God I hate the "replacement" mods in the 1.10 FTB pack. Things like the new WAILA-replacement and NEI-replacement. They both suck.

The NEI replacement has none of the Op features that NEI had and just feels worse overall. AND IT DOESN'T ALLOW SEARCHING BY MOD NAMES! The WAILA replacement is pretty similar other than the fact that you have to either hold an item in your hand or use up your helmet slot to always see the information.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20183 on: October 10, 2016, 06:54:38 pm »

God I hate the "replacement" mods in the 1.10 FTB pack. Things like the new WAILA-replacement and NEI-replacement. They both suck.

The NEI replacement has none of the Op features that NEI had and just feels worse overall. AND IT DOESN'T ALLOW SEARCHING BY MOD NAMES! The WAILA replacement is pretty similar other than the fact that you have to either hold an item in your hand or use up your helmet slot to always see the information.

Is there a reason they didn't just bloody update NEI/WAILA to 1.10 instead of trying to reinvent the infomods? Theres no point in a less-simple waila (just leave it as a damn tooltip that works on everything and works even better when wawla is involved), and searching by mod name is the only decent way to sort NEI short of knowing exactly what you want and typing part of it in.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20184 on: October 10, 2016, 07:25:51 pm »

Is there a reason they didn't just bloody update NEI/WAILA to 1.10 instead of trying to reinvent the infomods? Theres no point in a less-simple waila (just leave it as a damn tooltip that works on everything and works even better when wawla is involved), and searching by mod name is the only decent way to sort NEI short of knowing exactly what you want and typing part of it in.

I could never figure out how to sort NEI first by mod name then by item in the query bar without limiting the selection to begin with.

As for WAILA, that... Should be an easy conversion? Wonder why they didn't just make it WAILA with a different name.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20185 on: October 11, 2016, 12:59:49 am »

Well, are you guys asking about a modded server (if so, what pack) or a vanilla one?
Vanilla or modded are both fine - except if there's like 4 indistinguishable copper ores that each only work with recipes in 4 different mod packs and nobody can tell the difference between them :/
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20186 on: October 11, 2016, 01:11:29 am »

Eh. Nowadays with Forge the worst case scenario in almost all incidences where modpacks have mods each implementing their own ore is that you end up having two stacks of it in your inventory.
Thanks to the wonders of Forge™ and its revolutionary OreDictionary™, properly registered ore from a mod will work with all other mods that require that ore.

So if I have IC2 copper and, uh, um, Mekanism copper (let's just pretend that's a thing?), while I may have to keep the two types in different stacks, I can use both Mekanism and IC2 copper ore/ingots in any Mekanism or IC2 recipe.
Of course, there's the extremely rare mod that somehow messes it up, but I don't think I've seen that yet.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #20187 on: October 11, 2016, 02:23:00 am »

I've got a multiplayer question... My internet connection is pretty crappy and generally quite slow. I pay for 10 Mbps but I get a maximum actual download speed of about 300 kbps, and upload speed around 10 kbps. This is clearly too slow, but at the moment, there are literally no other options in my neighborhood, and calling tech support is useless - they know I have no other options and won't even reduce the amount I pay. In the past, I was able to play Minecraft with my mom using a virtual LAN on Hamachi. Over time, Hamachi started having more and more problems, and eventually we were unable to get it working at all - it just won't connect anymore. Our games were getting laggier and laggier over time, too, which I assumed was my internet connection getting worse (as it does seem to be doing). But we were always able to play before. Now we've given up on Hamachi and are trying Evolve. It's so laggy that it's completely unplayable. It takes ages for me to connect to her (she's the one hosting the LAN, since she has fast internet), I'm unable to do anything (it literally takes me 3 minutes to open a chest, and even sending chat text takes several minutes), and after a few minutes I get booted. We thought it was because we were using voice chat and that was hogging the bandwidth, so I turned off the voice chat and everything else using the internet connection, and it still doesn't work. Zero improvement.

I know my internet isn't great, but I feel like maybe it's the virtual LAN that's making it completely unplayable. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is Evolve no good? Is there another option now that Hamachi has imploded? Or is it really just my internet, and I have no options until I save up enough money to move to a neighborhood with faster internet?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20188 on: October 11, 2016, 02:37:40 am »

Eh. Nowadays with Forge the worst case scenario in almost all incidences where modpacks have mods each implementing their own ore is that you end up having two stacks of it in your inventory.
Thanks to the wonders of Forge™ and its revolutionary OreDictionary™, properly registered ore from a mod will work with all other mods that require that ore.

So if I have IC2 copper and, uh, um, Mekanism copper (let's just pretend that's a thing?), while I may have to keep the two types in different stacks, I can use both Mekanism and IC2 copper ore/ingots in any Mekanism or IC2 recipe.
Of course, there's the extremely rare mod that somehow messes it up, but I don't think I've seen that yet.
My god. Are you saying someone did a thing that was good? MUCH HAS CHANGED THESE LONG YEARS I HATH LAIN ASLEEP AND UNDISTURBED
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20189 on: October 11, 2016, 02:43:25 am »

Wait.. Even Tinker's Construct?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 02:45:50 am by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 1344 1345 [1346] 1347 1348 ... 1380