Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1343 1344 [1345] 1346 1347 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425679 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20160 on: September 10, 2016, 07:39:36 am »

I need some help with the big reactors mod. When trying to get water into my reactor I noticed that it doesn't flow into it until the reactor is 100 degrees or lower. I'm using fluiducts if that means anything.
gonna need more information about your setup or a picture. Are you using an active cooled reactor?

Reactor and turbine right next to each other, steam and water connected properly. I input water and it flows into the reactor. I turn the reactor on and the water turns to steam and goes into the turbine which spins and produces water which flows into the pipe but doesn't flow back into the reactor until the reactor cools down to 100 degrees.
Are you sure it's not flowing back in? How much water do you have going in? Depending on the design, an active cooled reactor can take a LOT of water to run at full power.

To give you an idea, my last reactor had something like 12 world interaction upgrades sucking water up via a liquid transfer node and it still wasn't enough. I eventually had to make a separate system to pipe water in via enderio fluid tube things

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20161 on: September 10, 2016, 08:55:22 am »

I need some help with the big reactors mod. When trying to get water into my reactor I noticed that it doesn't flow into it until the reactor is 100 degrees or lower. I'm using fluiducts if that means anything.
gonna need more information about your setup or a picture. Are you using an active cooled reactor?

Reactor and turbine right next to each other, steam and water connected properly. I input water and it flows into the reactor. I turn the reactor on and the water turns to steam and goes into the turbine which spins and produces water which flows into the pipe but doesn't flow back into the reactor until the reactor cools down to 100 degrees.
Are you sure it's not flowing back in? How much water do you have going in? Depending on the design, an active cooled reactor can take a LOT of water to run at full power.

To give you an idea, my last reactor had something like 12 world interaction upgrades sucking water up via a liquid transfer node and it still wasn't enough. I eventually had to make a separate system to pipe water in via enderio fluid tube things

Yes I'm sure no water is flowing in as no steam is being produced and no water is draining from the pipes or turbine. I'll take your response as an "I have no idea why it's happening".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20162 on: September 10, 2016, 09:58:15 am »

My response was an attempt to figure out why your mod isn't acting normally but that's alright, I'll stop trying to help. Have fun.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20163 on: September 10, 2016, 11:54:46 pm »

-God I got to get to sleep earlier-
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:49:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20164 on: September 11, 2016, 05:52:07 pm »

Nixed the strange rambling I had before.  Don't know where my mind was last night.  But still, anyone want to kick off another Dwarven Invaders attempt?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20165 on: October 07, 2016, 02:18:52 pm »

I fire up Minecraft and update it, and start a new singleplayer world. It takes a surprisingly long time to generate, and immediately after the terrain begins to load it crashes with this error:

Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?

New world, so there's no giant ball of TNT or whatever that could be causing performance issues. I tested by setting my draw distance etc. to minimums and was able to actually get in and move around a bit - but after moving about a chunk away from spawn it crashes with the same error.

I can't find anything that matches my experience exactly - most people who have a problem are running MC on an old PC or are trying to churn through hella processing issues in an existing server. I've never had this problem before even on this same machine!

One issue that may be causing it is a new installation of MS Visual Studio. I spotted a debugging window that might have been complaining about that - but debugging wizards in Windows have never been much help to me in the past compared to, say, advice from a Russian teen half a decade old in a car forum (which was a real troubleshooting adventure).

Anyone else having this problem recently?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20166 on: October 07, 2016, 02:22:50 pm »

Some people claim 1.10 runs worse for them than older MC versions. Some say the opposite.

Not having played that version (have mods even caught up to it yet?), I couldn't say either way. Have you tested this with a seperate world and/or a superflat?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20167 on: October 07, 2016, 04:08:22 pm »

fwiw I get a very slight increase in FPS from vanilla 1.9 to vanilla 1.10. Haven't tried any 1.10 modpacks. Results seem to vary as Aklyon said.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20168 on: October 08, 2016, 02:11:18 pm »

I feel like going from "no sweat running max settings and draw distance and never getting an error" to "crashes immediately at minimum settings because it says I can't keep up" is something a little deeper than an optimization update.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20169 on: October 08, 2016, 04:30:29 pm »

FTB has just released a not-test v1.10.2 pack:  Hermitpack.

There are some familiar things in there, like Tinker's Construct, Chisel, Forestry, Botania, minor utility mods like Iron Chests and Extra Utilities; updated/sorta-renamed versions of NEI, the Reactors mod.  Conspicuously absent are cornerstones like Minefactory, Thermal Expansion.

It's familiar enough to not be like starting over knowledge-wise, but different enough to get out of autopilot mode.

I'm gonna kick the tires on it, see what happens... will report back.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20170 on: October 08, 2016, 05:00:36 pm »

Ugh ok I fixed it apparently. In my profile, I redirected MC to use java.exe instead of javaw.exe and suddenly the problems are gone.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20171 on: October 09, 2016, 12:32:00 am »

Nearly all modpacks seem to come with reactor-ish mods these days.
Even the magic-based ones have something similar.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20172 on: October 09, 2016, 02:27:37 pm »

Hermitpack did alright, performance-wise; the framerate wobbled a little for the first 20 seconds after entering a SP world, but did fine after that... nothing out of the ordinary for a modern modpack.

Design direction was considerably less alright, however.

No WAILA, so I couldn't find out a thing's name without harvesting it... and I found a couple things I couldn't harvest.  The NEI-analogue will only let you search for items names, not mod names, so identifying stuff that's not already familiar is difficult-to-impossible. (without external searches)

There's something in there that auto-jumps you for single block height increases... it's a little fiddly, but not an unwelcome utility.

My first night, I got pwnt by a skeleton, who moved awfully quickly.  I was genuinely afraid.  The vanilla combat changes are a bit different, also; ya don't just spam-spam-spam until they die anymore.

-----

Overall, I'm not impressed by this pack, but I'm glad that there's something more than a test pack, finally...  it means more packs will show up soon.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #20173 on: October 09, 2016, 02:37:51 pm »

I would love to get involved in an FTB server. Any active groups recruiting?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20174 on: October 09, 2016, 04:36:31 pm »

There's something in there that auto-jumps you for single block height increases... it's a little fiddly, but not an unwelcome utility.

That's default Minecraft 1.10. It's got a toggle in the controls section.
Pages: 1 ... 1343 1344 [1345] 1346 1347 ... 1380