Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425381 times)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20070 on: June 21, 2016, 06:04:47 pm »

So I was trying to play the Arisen modpack with a CTM map...

That modpack is basically an alpha assembly, and by a new team.  They've already abandoned the 1.9.4 work, and are (theoretically) on to a 1.10 base.  I wouldn't hold my breath for anything stable or finished from them for many moons.

-----

Are we still kicking around the ball for picking something to play on forsaken's hosting?  A 1.7.10 era pack should be mature and stable at this point.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20071 on: June 21, 2016, 06:33:48 pm »

So I was trying to play the Arisen modpack with a CTM map...

That modpack is basically an alpha assembly, and by a new team.  They've already abandoned the 1.9.4 work, and are (theoretically) on to a 1.10 base.  I wouldn't hold my breath for anything stable or finished from them for many moons.ever

FTFY. It will never be stable as they're always on the latest version of Minecraft. I didn't know it when I started in on 1.9.4 but they basically dropped the 1.8.whatever version when 1.9 came out as well.

I've started playing on a marginally more stable pack but I don't want to get people's hopes up so I'll probably just keep to myself.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20072 on: June 21, 2016, 10:43:01 pm »

It will never be stable as they're always on the latest version of Minecraft. I didn't know it when I started in on 1.9.4 but they basically dropped the 1.8.whatever version when 1.9 came out as well.

I can't say I'm surprised.  Modding is capital-W work, when you get down to it...  Maybe the modders will have a chance to get caught up once Mojang stops fiddling with things. (and adds the API that's been on the drawing board since Charlemagne.  >_> )

I've started playing on a marginally more stable pack but I don't want to get people's hopes up so I'll probably just keep to myself.

Which one?

The stars finally aligned, and I bought minimum requisite hardware upgrades; I might actually be able to run a current pack without my box creaking and groaning.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20073 on: June 22, 2016, 12:54:54 am »

Mojang actually doing things they promised to do? I think they'd rather add new colors of wool and plants.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #20074 on: June 22, 2016, 01:14:08 am »

Mojang actually doing things they promised to do? I think they'd rather add new colors of wool and plants.
Fucking beetroot

Who the fuck wants beetroot

Fucking worthless
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20075 on: June 22, 2016, 03:00:13 am »

I for one would like to see more mobs. Such as sharks. I always wanted more marine life in this game.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20076 on: June 22, 2016, 03:27:31 am »

Did somebody say buttsharks?
Bone blocks should have required whole bones rather than meal, and should look like a pile of femurs.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 03:36:39 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20077 on: June 22, 2016, 04:22:18 am »

I for one would like to see more mobs. Such as sharks. I always wanted more marine life in this game.
more mobs?

well we have this buggy slenderman ripoff, buggy wolves and bats that literally dont do anything! there you go!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20078 on: June 22, 2016, 04:27:01 am »

Or more water content in general, like the reefs and coral (including some being light-emitting blocks) that is added by Biomes o Plenty or other biome mods.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:14:09 am by Niveras »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #20079 on: June 22, 2016, 04:57:53 am »

I mostly want new mechanics that actually do something interesting, not like the hodgepodge of enchanting/brewing that just seems arbitrary and disjointed.

Better agriculture and farming would be cool. Redstone is fantastic, let's get more redstone automation etc. going. Testificates are dumb as hell, let's get... not better AI, per se, but some actual life to villages. Let them defend themselves, and repair buildings when the player inevitably knocks holes in things. Heck, we could build an entire series of updates around making villages and the interactions with them more interesting.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20080 on: June 22, 2016, 04:44:30 pm »

Which one?

I'll feel guilty if this one turns out like my last suggestion but all signs thus far point to that not being the case. It's another 1.9.4 pack that keeps itself fairly up-to-date.

My latest obsession

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #20081 on: August 09, 2016, 05:21:20 am »

I've set up a test pack please ignore server to toy about, pack link here www.technicpack.net/modpack/tppi.552559
 if anyone wants in pm me for ip (and yes you can bring friend, just make sure there's no bad apples in there)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20082 on: August 09, 2016, 07:59:42 am »

I might join in, but I can't get the list of what it has open at the moment.  Any chance you could post a modlist here for me LoSboccacc?
Nom nom nom

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20083 on: August 09, 2016, 08:05:59 am »

sure

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20084 on: August 09, 2016, 08:16:15 am »

Holy crap, TPPI runs on 1.6.4?

When was the last time the pack was updated?

January, not that far after all. Also most mod (I liked) jist fizzled after 1.7 - you can get a severely limited tekkit going for it, and then 1.8,9,10 has no interesting combinations. Logistic Pipes only goes up to 1.7.10 so no version after that is of interest to me :P

edit: scratch that it's ancient. but hey it works :D (also there's apparently a 0.2.6 tppi, but since it's not in the Technic launcher screw that, I don't need manual mods management in my life)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:24:35 am by LoSboccacc »
Pages: 1 ... 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 ... 1380