Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424980 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19875 on: December 20, 2015, 04:02:47 am »

Reformat hard disk, remove and burn the drive, sprinkle salt on ashes, install linux.

I actually have an ubuntu partition on this machine, but I've never found linux to be better at anything other than sucking up countless hours of time getting it to run with anything.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19876 on: December 20, 2015, 05:32:33 am »

programming in python

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19877 on: December 20, 2015, 05:37:14 am »

That really sounds like the problem might not be forge.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19878 on: December 20, 2015, 07:01:17 am »

What does your system use for graphics? Forge might have told your machine to use a software renderer instead of using hardware.   
My laptop needed a lot of screwing around to get minecraft to use the GPU rather than the i7. Frame rate went from single digits at lowest graphics settings to about 60 fps.
Still overheated like crazy though.
I've had times where minecraft randomly decided to use 32 bit java instead. Forge gave me grief a few times, one instance it would only run with additional command lines forcing more ram.
I've had other issues with minecraft too.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19879 on: December 20, 2015, 09:51:19 am »

What does your system use for graphics? Forge might have told your machine to use a software renderer instead of using hardware.   
My laptop needed a lot of screwing around to get minecraft to use the GPU rather than the i7. Frame rate went from single digits at lowest graphics settings to about 60 fps.
Still overheated like crazy though.
I've had times where minecraft randomly decided to use 32 bit java instead. Forge gave me grief a few times, one instance it would only run with additional command lines forcing more ram.
I've had other issues with minecraft too.

How'd you do it? I've tried all the known methods and none of them work with technic launcher.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19880 on: December 20, 2015, 01:14:54 pm »

Forge doesn't change any 'hidden settings'. It replaces the minecraft jar with a modified one so that forge can access certain internal hooks and make stuff happen. It changes nothing on your system as far as I'm aware.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19881 on: December 20, 2015, 07:03:43 pm »

Not quite. Windows will treat the new jar differently to the old one, mostly because it's really finicky for no good reason.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19882 on: December 20, 2015, 07:16:38 pm »

Not quite. Windows will treat the new jar differently to the old one, mostly because it's really finicky for no good reason.
This isn't something that would cause a problem to persist after uninstalling forge though.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #19883 on: December 30, 2015, 11:45:59 am »

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19884 on: December 30, 2015, 11:52:35 am »

What do the pictures mean?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19885 on: December 30, 2015, 06:08:13 pm »

Event Proposal

I propose that we find about a four hour window where a bunch of us are available, somebody with a server on permadeath hardcore mode, and that we team up and kill the dragon as a one day event.

I'd possibly be up for it, if this hasn't happened yet.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19886 on: December 30, 2015, 07:44:13 pm »

Event Proposal

I propose that we find about a four hour window where a bunch of us are available, somebody with a server on permadeath hardcore mode, and that we team up and kill the dragon as a one day event.

I'd possibly be up for it, if this hasn't happened yet.

I'd be up for hosting it! I'll just switch out my current server for a vanilla server for the time of the event. We'll basically do a speedrun from a fresh world.

I suspect many of you guys have time during the winter holidays, right? I'm just gonna propose a time then: Saturday, January 2nd, starting at 20:00 GMT (3pm EST). If that doesn't suit you, blame Earth for being round I guess. Also as a special one-time thing I suggest we could have voice chat. I would recommend Steam voice chat in particular, because it's really easy to set up. So get yourself a headset if you don't have one already, it's gonna be a lot of fun.

On a further note, recently a friend of mine invited me and a couple others to her ancient local world to beat an ocean dungeon she'd been eyeing. It's waaay harder than the enderdragon and also great fun, and we could have a follow-up session a week later or so to beat the ocean dungeon.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:45:55 pm by MagmaMcFry »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #19887 on: December 30, 2015, 08:01:50 pm »

What do the pictures mean?
Design of a suffocation-type mob grinder. And you could turn that as normal traps (Add a pressure plate connected to a AND gate and make the mechanisms hidden)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19888 on: December 31, 2015, 06:12:57 pm »

Voice chat would be great but my new headset hasn't arrived yet x.x
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19889 on: January 01, 2016, 04:48:16 pm »

There's a variable in the chunk data that indicates whether or not the game should generate ores for it. MCEdit can change that IIRC.

E: I'll be able to get on at about 4 pm EST/21 GMT after church, might be later depending on how many people want to talk to me before I leave.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 04:51:36 pm by Orange Wizard »
Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 [1326] 1327 1328 ... 1380