Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425025 times)

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19830 on: October 18, 2015, 09:06:57 am »

4. Compare your manual folder to one of the ftb ones. Is there something important you forgot to include, like server-side forge or mod dependancies? (Or look at a video like on this mc wiki page instead)

Of the above, it's likely to be this one - ports, specs and minecraft server version are all okay.  I suspect the issue is Forge-related and, rather more annoyingly, I suspect it's Java-version-related.  Forge apparently dislikes Java 8, preferring Java 7.  Unfortunately, Matter Overdrive (one of the mods in the pack) apparently dislikes Java 7, preferring Java 8.

And yet, it runs in singleplayer, and if the above was the issue then I'd expect it not to run at all.  Eh.  I've posted in the relevant modpack's thread, because there's someone there running a server of it so it must be possible...I'm probably missing some minute detail in a config setting somewhere.

Thanks for the checklist though - I'll keep that around for the next time I set up a (non-Java-version-chaos) server, handy to check against.  :)
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19831 on: October 18, 2015, 09:31:36 am »

Are they still having that problem? I thought they would've fixed that sort of thing (or at least made it better) by now. Can't hide back on 7 forever.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19832 on: October 18, 2015, 09:40:24 am »

Are they still having that problem? I thought they would've fixed that sort of thing (or at least made it better) by now. Can't hide back on 7 forever.
The mod LegacyJavaFixer makes versions of forge before 1230 play nice with Java 8 according to the Technic policy people.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19833 on: October 19, 2015, 01:47:52 am »

That's... crafting profiler, or something. It's a debug tool for Forge. You should be able to disable it in the configs but I can't remember how it works.

Actually I finally found out what it is. It IS a tech mod, and apparently there are chairs that you sit in that unlock your ability to craft/use certain things.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19834 on: October 19, 2015, 03:27:48 am »

That's... crafting profiler, or something. It's a debug tool for Forge. You should be able to disable it in the configs but I can't remember how it works.
Actually I finally found out what it is. It IS a tech mod, and apparently there are chairs that you sit in that unlock your ability to craft/use certain things.
Oh, really? Neat.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19835 on: October 19, 2015, 05:04:36 am »

....Chairs.  What.  Even.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19836 on: October 23, 2015, 10:58:24 am »

I got a bit tired of the tech mod packs with automate everything, so I went and installed the latest TerraFirmaCraft. I had to get up to speed with the new mechanics (I don't remember the last time I played). It's a whole different experience, it has more "daily life" aspect to it. Just trying to build a decent cabin while making sure not to starve, and the spawn protection mechanic changes everything.

I just started on a new world (last one had just miles and miles of dacite and couldn't get past the bronze age no matter how far I rode :P). Maybe I'll get luckier this time.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #19837 on: October 23, 2015, 11:52:11 am »

OK, I gots me a question. I'd like to set up a Civcraft-style server (similar mods) with that 1:1500 scale map of Earth that I believe I linked to a couple weeks ago. The thing is, though, I'd like a non-vanilla mineral distribution if at all possible- scarcer minerals than in the vanilla game. Are minerals generated on the fly when chunks are loaded, and if so, is there a way to toy with the distribution before you set a server up?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19838 on: October 23, 2015, 12:38:16 pm »

There's aa bit in the chunk file that states whether or not you need to generate ores for it. I don't know what it's set as in that map.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19839 on: October 23, 2015, 12:43:57 pm »

I know that old Esconia map was set to generate ores on the fly, so it is certainly possible

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19840 on: October 23, 2015, 06:17:44 pm »

There's aa bit in the chunk file that states whether or not you need to generate ores for it. I don't know what it's set as in that map.
This.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19841 on: October 25, 2015, 11:06:29 pm »

Not sure if this happens to anyone else, but sometimes you climb into a boat (in single player, even) and after sailing for a while, your boat will explode for no apparent reason. I looked it up and "boat desync" is apparently a thing: your game keeps track of the boat position and doesn't bother informing the "client" side so it thinks its somewhere else, and you end up crashing the boat even if from your POV the shore is 20 blocks away.

I'm looking for ways to fix this. Found this one:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1294346-bugfixmod-2-5-0-various-annoyances-fixed-boat
And this one:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2434246-better-boat-fix-all-the-vanilla-boats

Still need to test these on TerraFirmaCraft. The second seems to change less stuff so it seems like a better candidate.
Anyone who has tried either of these is welcome to share their experiences.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19842 on: October 25, 2015, 11:13:23 pm »

That bug is as old as boats are.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19843 on: October 25, 2015, 11:25:24 pm »

Pretty boats were not-shit back when they were originally implemented, but Notch fixed them and they broke.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19844 on: October 26, 2015, 12:48:40 am »

I knew boats broke sometimes, but I assumed it was semi-intentional. Explains why it usually happens approaching land and the pieces often end up at the shore.

That said, my solution is just to bring more boats. Never really struck me as a modworthy issue.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 ... 1380