Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1320 1321 [1322] 1323 1324 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425138 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19815 on: October 15, 2015, 04:43:46 am »

Well, yeah, but to varying degrees. I'd say most mods are somewhat in the middle - You need progressive tiers of machines to make stuff, which lets you make cool stuff, but there's not too many tiers, and there's only a bit of grinding. Gregtech is endless slow tiers, and ALL GRIND ALL THE TIME.

I've not played gregtech myself, but I guess it could be an excuse to actually use things like quarries and other autominers.

But then, with it balanced as it is and quarries no doubt being one of the more expensive machines, it kind of defeats the purpose. By the point you'll have built or gathered enough resources for everything preceding it, you don't really need a quarry to go farther because there's no farther to go.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19816 on: October 16, 2015, 12:56:20 am »

Mekanism is also pretty good. The Digital Miner is amazing.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19817 on: October 16, 2015, 08:00:49 am »

But then, with it balanced as it is and quarries no doubt being one of the more expensive machines, it kind of defeats the purpose. By the point you'll have built or gathered enough resources for everything preceding it, you don't really need a quarry to go farther because there's no farther to go.
In Gregtech there is always further to go. Quarries do not invalidate the challenge, they just lessen the tedium slightly.

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #19818 on: October 16, 2015, 10:07:52 am »

What mods do you guys recommend for industry/factory stuff?
Thermal Expansion seems like it goes with everything, the last I'd played. Though that was awhile ago.
+1 for thermal expansion.
maybe IC2?
note:big minecraft pros over here,im casual and played minecraft for 4 years
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19819 on: October 16, 2015, 10:42:07 am »

I guess this is technically related to Minecraft.

Minecraft: Story Mode looked a little interesting to me, until the playthrough I watched to gauge interest ended after only an hour.

At $25 each for five episodes (the second of which is due out next month so I expect a similar playtime), I don't think I can justify it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19820 on: October 16, 2015, 11:00:49 am »

You get more content out of free modpacks and maps than that 'story mode'

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19821 on: October 16, 2015, 11:13:35 am »

You get more content out of free modpacks and maps than that 'story mode'
I saw it on Steam.
Yeah, no, Steam, do not want, am not interested, GET THE HERETICAL PLAGUE THING AWAY FROM ME.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #19822 on: October 16, 2015, 12:27:26 pm »

Minecraft: Story Mode looked a little interesting to me, until the playthrough I watched to gauge interest ended after only an hour.

At $25 each for five episodes (the second of which is due out next month so I expect a similar playtime), I don't think I can justify it.
Honestly it's just a basic Telltale games game; cool if you like point and click adventures, timed dialogue boxes, puzzles that are way to easy, and quicktime events, but else wise probably something you want to give a miss. Honestly if there weren't as many young players of minecraft I wouldn't expect it to be doing near as well as it is, usually the groups of people who like minecraft-esque open world building games and those that like extremely linear point-and-click type stuff usually don't have too much of an overlap. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19823 on: October 16, 2015, 12:55:02 pm »

Honestly it's just a basic Telltale games game

I get that. I've got several Telltale games already. Unless I'm misremembering, I thought I got much more than an hour out of them and for much cheaper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19824 on: October 16, 2015, 12:55:29 pm »

It's...not $25 per episode. At least, I don't think it is. None of Telltale's other titles had that pricing scheme O_o
Look at Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us or whatever. It comes out to more like $5 per episode.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19825 on: October 16, 2015, 01:02:48 pm »

It's...not $25 per episode. At least, I don't think it is. None of Telltale's other titles had that pricing scheme O_o
Look at Walking Dead or Wolf Among Us or whatever. It comes out to more like $5 per episode.

I'm dumb. I retract my statement.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19826 on: October 18, 2015, 12:13:43 am »

Could someone tell me what this is?

http://imgur.com/51Dmtwt

It pops up when I try to look up the recipe for certain items. I think it's some sort of tech tree but I don't understand how to unlock it. It's from the divergence pack on ATLauncher.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19827 on: October 18, 2015, 03:34:07 am »

That's... crafting profiler, or something. It's a debug tool for Forge. You should be able to disable it in the configs but I can't remember how it works.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19828 on: October 18, 2015, 07:25:42 am »

I've been introducing a friend of mine to modded Minecraft.  Finally found a modpack that contains RFTools and is suitably tech-focussed i.e. not an everything-and-the-kitchen-sink pack like Infinity...which I love, but simply has too much redundancy and bloat for me to sensibly introduce him to stuff.  The pack has RFTools, Galacticraft, TiCon and a number of other fun-to-learn mods, so I was pleased to stumble across it.

...and now I can't get it to run as a server.  :(  I can load up and play singleplayer with it fine, no problem, but can't get the damn thing to work server-wise.  I'm so spoiled by having the usual FTB "click button, get server" approach that trying to get one to work 'manually', as it were, is defeating me.  Sigh.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19829 on: October 18, 2015, 07:36:16 am »

Server checklist, then! (may be missing something, I haven't run a modded server in ages)
1. Ports forwarded?
1a. If not, hamachi-equivalent setup correctly?
2. Do you have enough ram/cpu to run it on what you are running it on? (double this if you intend to play it on the same computer)
3. Make sure you have the correct version of minecraft_server.jar
4. Compare your manual folder to one of the ftb ones. Is there something important you forgot to include, like server-side forge or mod dependancies? (Or look at a video like on this mc wiki page instead)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1320 1321 [1322] 1323 1324 ... 1380