Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425131 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19800 on: October 13, 2015, 11:00:15 am »

I liked dimensional doors as well, especially one particular room that is a complex puzzle - I'm sure that took a while or a lot of work to get all the redstone circuits working properly within vanilla minecraft. I was a little disappointed when the reward was essentially the same stuff as you find in any of the random DD chests.

It also trends toward repetitive since there are only so many layouts. Would be nice if there was some kind of community effort to add more rooms/layouts/puzzles etc.

Mystcraft was nice to locate biomes/animals without having to make an exhausting trip farther and farther from home. Just keep making books until you find one with a jungle for vines, for example, or with mooshrooms (or any animal, even just cows) if your overworld spawn is in the middle of desolate nowhere.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19801 on: October 13, 2015, 06:19:00 pm »

I've started the "beyond reality: divergence" pack on ATLauncher and am having a huge problem. Certain things are not craftable, and when I try to look up the recipe a weird display pops up that separates all these items from different mods into categories and you don't seem to be able to interact with the display at all.

Does anyone know what mod this is or why I cannot craft certain things? It seems to be based off some sort of tech tree, but it really doesn't explain anything.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19802 on: October 14, 2015, 01:13:41 am »

What are you trying to craft? Can you share a screen shot of what you're seeing?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: October 14, 2015, 09:40:22 am »

man is it normal having so much thaumcraft research but not actually being able to craft any of the stuff?
getting aspects for crafting is pretty hard :/

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19804 on: October 14, 2015, 05:15:49 pm »

What mods do you guys recommend for industry/factory stuff?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19805 on: October 14, 2015, 05:18:36 pm »

Thermal Expansion seems like it goes with everything, the last I'd played. Though that was awhile ago.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19806 on: October 14, 2015, 05:43:07 pm »

GregTech.

Also Minefactory, which is at the other end of the spectrum in terms of balance.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19807 on: October 14, 2015, 05:45:43 pm »

Isn't basically everything at the opposite end of balance from gregtech though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19808 on: October 14, 2015, 06:13:31 pm »

You put it all on a scale with gregtech, everything else becomes a indistinguishable dot in the distance while gregtech sits alone 3 inches from the the fulcrum of a mile long lever.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19809 on: October 14, 2015, 06:15:07 pm »

I dunno, some of the rotarycraft stuff is pretty contrived and difficult too.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: October 14, 2015, 06:20:04 pm »

Well, yeah, but to varying degrees. I'd say most mods are somewhat in the middle - You need progressive tiers of machines to make stuff, which lets you make cool stuff, but there's not too many tiers, and there's only a bit of grinding. Gregtech is endless slow tiers, and ALL GRIND ALL THE TIME.

And then there's MineChem, the polar opposite, where everything is three machines - and the third's relatively unnecessary if you can remember everything- and everything is really quick to the point of being ludicrous.

Rotarycraft is a bit complex, but nowhere to the sheer scale and intensity of GT, and instead of making you wait for machines to run for literally hours, it just requires a lot of setup instead.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19811 on: October 14, 2015, 06:30:53 pm »

Rotarycraft is mostly working out what you need setup to do what you want (and also has explosions if you don't for some parts ;) ), once its working the only difficult part is remembering how you got it to work if you need to make a power source somewhere else.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19812 on: October 14, 2015, 06:38:09 pm »

Not complaining. I'm the special kind of silly that enjoys both gregtech and rotarycraft

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: October 14, 2015, 06:52:42 pm »

Same here actually >_>
I don't know, something about GT makes Industrialcraft so much more satisfying. I haven't used it in ages (IE before the Item Explosion), but I have fondish memories from before.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: October 15, 2015, 12:55:51 am »

EnderIO is also a good tech mod.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 1380