Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425203 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19770 on: October 08, 2015, 11:47:26 pm »

I always wanted to make a mod that let you make huge bases by placing a single block in the ground and clicking it. It would have worked like the Thaumcraft obelisks used to work (creating tunnels and stuff), except more fine tuned.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19771 on: October 09, 2015, 05:29:31 am »

I always wanted to make a mod that let you make huge bases by placing a single block in the ground and clicking it. It would have worked like the Thaumcraft obelisks used to work (creating tunnels and stuff), except more fine tuned.
They have instant house blocks out there.  So it's doable.  I don't know about how fine-tuned one could actually get it though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19772 on: October 09, 2015, 10:09:19 am »

What are the advantages of putting multiple Alembics on one of those distillation furnaces in Thaumcraft?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19773 on: October 09, 2015, 11:37:37 am »

What are the advantages of putting multiple Alembics on one of those distillation furnaces in Thaumcraft?

I don't remember well but I think it's because you get more than one essentia type from each reaction.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19774 on: October 09, 2015, 12:59:21 pm »

Each can only hold a single type of essentia. It speeds up the process if more than one type of essentia can percolate out at once.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19775 on: October 09, 2015, 01:39:02 pm »

Tech mods are simple: First, you mine the craft. Then you build a miner to do it for you. In the meantime, you build some fancier automation, or rebuild the previous setup you had for the miner-building. Or be distracted by magic mods. Or start another mod's tech and haphazardly expand the base until its as big a mess as it can be in factorio, but in 3d and with pipes instead of conveyor belts. An ME system may or maynot be involved.

And I love it to death.

However, Applied Energistics 2 is so involved with channels and stuff it takes ages to build anything by yourself in survival now.
I really preferred the old autocrafting way of just putting recipes inside the big cupe and it would spit out your crafted stuff.

Current system is amazing. But amazingly time consuming too.
I need a teaaachhhherrr. Or someone who can tolerate my newbishness, at least.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19776 on: October 09, 2015, 01:43:45 pm »

I'm doing Baby's First Space Race on the Technic Launcher. It has a quest book that walks you step by step through all the tech mods, in a world with dense ores and vein miner so grinding doesn't hold you back, you can just make progress and learn how everything works. Not sure if it has all the tech mods, but it's got enough that I find it helpful!

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/babys-first-space-race.616602
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 01:47:37 pm by Sappho »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19777 on: October 09, 2015, 02:59:04 pm »

Using more than one alembic sounds pretty shitty without buffers, then.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19778 on: October 09, 2015, 03:04:16 pm »

Using more than one alembic sounds pretty shitty without buffers, then.
Not really. You can connect tubes and jars to them directly for early sorting. Also useful for constant draw sources. I had a setup that would take wood from my tree farm, make it into charcoal, render that charcoal down into essentia and then produce alumentium. Each alembic was labeled for a specific type of essentia to be piped into the automated alchemy thingy

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19779 on: October 09, 2015, 03:08:27 pm »

Using only Thaumcraft?
Golems seem so expensive...
I should really play modded minecraft again

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19780 on: October 09, 2015, 03:27:23 pm »

Using only Thaumcraft?
Golems seem so expensive...
I should really play modded minecraft again
Yeah, that is all just within thaumcraft. Golems aren't that expensive though. iirc they just need some motis and some spiritus.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19781 on: October 09, 2015, 03:29:13 pm »

Yeah, but you need cores, and the forestry core requires the magical axe thing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19782 on: October 09, 2015, 03:32:18 pm »

Yeah, but you need cores, and the forestry core requires the magical axe thing.
The basic cores aren't too bad. Yes the chop core is fairly expensive but you only need to make one. Slap it in a strong golem and he'll make wood forever.

Or use one of literally dozens of other treefarm solutions. :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19783 on: October 09, 2015, 03:37:54 pm »

Yeah, but it's neater if you dot mix mods :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19784 on: October 09, 2015, 03:38:49 pm »

Yeah, but it's neater if you dot mix mods :P
Agreed. I had a 100% automated thaumcraft treefarm. Its fairly easy to set up. The axe isn't very expensive to make once you're at that point.
Pages: 1 ... 1317 1318 [1319] 1320 1321 ... 1380