Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424661 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19410 on: July 15, 2015, 06:20:46 pm »

VOTE FIREPOLE
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19411 on: July 16, 2015, 01:22:21 am »

Now that I have a beefier laptop I can now play the Feed the beast modpacks, but they all seem a bit meh. Does anyone know which ones are good? I like technology mods and not magic mods.
Dark Trilogy was good until it became shit, but apparently it's under new management so it might not be shit anymore.

For magic mods, what I did was grab Botania, Blood Magic and Thaumcraft, then just all the good TC plug-ins, supplemented by stuff like fastcraft, NEI, chunkloaders, etc.
In other words, I found that FTB has no good magic pack :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19412 on: July 16, 2015, 01:24:29 am »

Oy, regrowth is a fun one.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19413 on: July 16, 2015, 01:27:36 am »

I don't feel that regrowth is an actual magic pack though... "magical crops" does not a magic pack make and all :v

Now that I have a beefier laptop I can now play the Feed the beast modpacks, but they all seem a bit meh. Does anyone know which ones are good? I like technology mods and not magic mods.
Dark Trilogy was good until it became shit, but apparently it's under new management so it might not be shit anymore.

Nope, he's continuing the legacy of needlessly being grindy. For example, the most recent patches removed all energy conduits and force you to use conversion blocks and IC2 cables for power.

There's a shiny pole?
White glowing pole blocks
Placable horizonally and vertically which produce white particles[28]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 01:30:15 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19414 on: July 16, 2015, 05:46:10 am »

I decided to go with ressurection in the end. I was watching some guy on youtube doing an excelent collection of videos on gregtech in ressurection, it took him the whole of the first video to get enough iron to make a bucket.

The ore viens look good to
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19415 on: July 16, 2015, 05:52:27 am »

Does the shiny pole do anything other than make particles?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19416 on: July 16, 2015, 10:44:14 am »

I dont think they actually released a snapshot with it yet!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19417 on: July 18, 2015, 09:53:46 pm »

What are the current spawning rules for squid in vanilla? I've built squid farms in the past, but now I seem to be unable to get them to spawn. Wiki says between y=46 and y=62, but I'm sitting right now in a flat world on creative, looking at a tank of water from 30 blocks away, peaceful is off...but squid are not spawning.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19418 on: July 19, 2015, 11:36:29 am »

I too have made the observation that squids always spawn exactly when you don't need them.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19419 on: July 19, 2015, 02:51:29 pm »

After some testing it appears that the wiki and dozens of sites asking this exact question are giving incorrect information.

Squid no longer spawn in any biome. They spawn in rivers and ocean. Squid farms elsewhere appear to no longer be possible. Though to be fair I haven't tested every biome. They definitely don't spawn in desert or extreme hills.

EDIT:

Ok, I just saw a functional squid farm in a desert on the server I play on. And yet after 40 minutes in creative mode testing out various various tanks and water streams in custom worlds at various heights...squid just don't seem to want to spawn for me. I've tried the stated spawnign ranges and player distances from the wiki, I've duplicated squid farming tutorial videos, I've done giant water tanks in the sky, I've done giant 100 block long waterfalls extending from y 63 to y 4:

Yet squid still don't spawn anywhere in there even when I run from top to bottom and end to end so I'm at every possible distance from the spawnable area. And yet I create an ocean world and they spawn instantly. So I don't know.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #19420 on: July 20, 2015, 06:31:01 pm »

I claim no knowledge of this but.. I often play 1.7.10 modded to high hell, and like every pack I play has a 'fix squids' mod in it, or one jsut disables them totally. Might this be related? Or maybe they were changed and nobody really documented it much?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19421 on: July 21, 2015, 08:47:54 am »

I kinda remember one mod changing it so squid only spawned at night.
Whatever is in the wiki probably only applies to vanilla, so...
No idea how the mods your server is using messes with them.

I suppose a way to get squids is to make a really small indoors bath and hope really hard that it doesn't spawn a squid. That way it'll spawn a squid.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19422 on: July 21, 2015, 09:00:14 am »

I kinda remember one mod changing it so squid only spawned at night.
Whatever is in the wiki probably only applies to vanilla, so...
No idea how the mods your server is using messes with them.

I suppose a way to get squids is to make a really small indoors bath and hope really hard that it doesn't spawn a squid. That way it'll spawn a squid.

I read that as liquid only spawning at night. Which would be awesome. A mod where there are only small islands and the rest of the world is ocean. during the day the ocean dries up and you can mine and scavenge, but come night time anything built where a water block would spawn will be destroyed and the ocean will be refilled.

This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19423 on: July 21, 2015, 01:18:23 pm »

Don't squid never spawn when you are looking at them?  Did you try like, going into a box so you can't see the water anymore and waiting?
Nom nom nom

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19424 on: July 21, 2015, 03:48:39 pm »

Are the squid plugged in? Have you tried turning the squid off then back on again? :P
Pages: 1 ... 1293 1294 [1295] 1296 1297 ... 1380