Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424545 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19395 on: July 07, 2015, 02:12:19 pm »

The most exciting thing I remember was the Nether. And then it ended up being disappointingly unspooky. And then they made it less spooky by stopping ghasts from killing themselves in lavafalls.
rip Minecraft development, you were presumably good at some point.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19396 on: July 07, 2015, 02:15:55 pm »

Yeah, I was pretty excited for the Nether too, but at first there was literally no reason to go there ever except for "fast transportation" so it turned out to be lame.
there's hardly anything new there nowadays, just a nether fort and you only really need those for the blaze rods (blazes are ass to fight, but then again, its minecraft combat) and the netherwarts, which you can grow at home. Even with mods there's hardly ever a reason to go to the nether.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19397 on: July 11, 2015, 08:12:46 pm »

So I'm playing resonant rise 3 and have obtained really nice tartarite armor. Getting the actual materials is a pain in the ass so I am looking for some way to repair the armor that doesn't involve using actual tartarite. Any suggestions?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19398 on: July 12, 2015, 02:37:57 pm »

So I'm playing resonant rise 3 and have obtained really nice tartarite armor. Getting the actual materials is a pain in the ass so I am looking for some way to repair the armor that doesn't involve using actual tartarite. Any suggestions?

Looks like it's got Project E and Thaumcraft as optional mods. Unless they've changed since I last played (admittedly some time ago), both should have some form of repair.

If Project E is a port of the old Equivalent Exchange 2, it's the most cheaty repair you can get.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19399 on: July 12, 2015, 02:53:18 pm »

Thaumic Tinker has a "Thaumic Restorer" that lets you repair items with Instrumentum essentia.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19400 on: July 12, 2015, 04:24:36 pm »

Thaumic Tinker has a "Thaumic Restorer" that lets you repair items with Instrumentum essentia.
Yep. If you can set up an automated way to generate flint you can easily repair almost everything this way.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19401 on: July 13, 2015, 02:36:16 am »

Or just centrifuge crafting tables.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19402 on: July 13, 2015, 06:05:38 pm »

Yeah, I was pretty excited for the Nether too, but at first there was literally no reason to go there ever except for "fast transportation" so it turned out to be lame.
there's hardly anything new there nowadays, just a nether fort and you only really need those for the blaze rods (blazes are ass to fight, but then again, its minecraft combat) and the netherwarts, which you can grow at home. Even with mods there's hardly ever a reason to go to the nether.
Nether Quartz. And lava.
I'm looking forward to update 1.9.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19403 on: July 14, 2015, 02:42:03 pm »

Now that I have a beefier laptop I can now play the Feed the beast modpacks, but they all seem a bit meh. Does anyone know which ones are good? I like technology mods and not magic mods.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19404 on: July 14, 2015, 04:34:09 pm »

Resurrection is good if you like INFINITE GRINDING.

If not, you could toss Mekanism or some other easy-mode tech mod in there, it basically defeats the purpose of it being a gregtech pack, but fancy oregen is still pretty darn fancy.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #19405 on: July 14, 2015, 07:24:54 pm »

Resurrection is good if you like INFINITE GRINDING.

If not, you could toss Mekanism or some other easy-mode tech mod in there, it basically defeats the purpose of it being a gregtech pack, but fancy oregen is still pretty darn fancy.
Or you could McGyver it and toss COG plus the Resurrection settings into whatever other pack you want (editing the config to match the IDs if they're different, of course)

What's special about the ore generation in Resurrection, anyway? what fancy veins have they got going on?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19406 on: July 14, 2015, 07:36:25 pm »

Basically just ginormous veins with lots of different ores mixed in. I think it's cool, in any case.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19407 on: July 14, 2015, 08:47:05 pm »

No idea why Minecraft's updates look like a My First Mod mod next to basically every single other mod out there. They're celebrating over a new block!!!! and omg shiny pole! new monster! while some other mod basically reinvents the game (say, Thaumcraft). :v

edit: something more interesting than a new boat are the promises to move to shaders and make model rotation better.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:53:12 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19408 on: July 14, 2015, 08:57:56 pm »

Minecraft updates are for annoying people with questions about when update happen plox, really. Occasionally they rebuild something interesting like the worldgen or that item id replacement thing that I heard about, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19409 on: July 15, 2015, 06:08:59 pm »

There's a shiny pole?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 1292 1293 [1294] 1295 1296 ... 1380