Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 [1292] 1293 1294 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424483 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19365 on: June 28, 2015, 12:39:06 pm »

Oh yeah I disabled disarming and hungry mobs because fuck that.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19366 on: June 28, 2015, 12:45:30 pm »

Even without those, battle towers are still full of bullshit. The only reason I am able to face one is because it is just outside of my chunkloading range and thus not covered completely in taint yet AND because im savescumming like hell.

E:
THESE FUCKING HUNGRY MOBS DONT EVEN HAVE TO FUCKING HIT ME TO STEAL MY FUCKING FOOD?????

E2:
IF YOU DIE, DOES ALL YOUR SHIT SERIOUSLY JUST DISAPPEAR??? INCLUDING ALL THE FUCKING LOOT FROM THE FUCKING DUNGEON I JUST FUCKING COMPLETED AFTER SEVERAL FUCKING HOURS OF FRUSTRATION??????
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:58:31 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19367 on: June 28, 2015, 01:18:06 pm »

It disappears as normal after ~5 minutes...

wait no it should be in your gravestone...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19368 on: June 28, 2015, 01:50:33 pm »

There is no gravestone...

I'm just going to look for another modpack, this is too ""hardcore"" for me.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19369 on: June 28, 2015, 02:37:31 pm »

This is why I don't touch the hardcore packs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19370 on: June 28, 2015, 02:39:51 pm »

I don't actually play hubris in 'hardcore' limited lives mode. I've just been enjoying the challenge.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19371 on: June 28, 2015, 03:10:21 pm »

I didn't play it on hardcore either, I even set the difficulty to easy.
Any suggestions for a good magic modpack?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19372 on: June 29, 2015, 05:58:15 am »

Maybe whenever Jadedcat gets around to making the magic modpack she said she wanted to make sometime.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19373 on: July 04, 2015, 01:16:06 pm »

Microsoft news

Apparently Microsoft is forking Minecraft into two different versions, and has licensed the creation of what sounds like Minecraft, the story-driven RPG, to some developer I've never heard of that's made a bunch of games I've never played.

The forked version will be for windows 10 only, and is available for free to existing accounts starting July 29. Features include...a bunch of completely stupid stuff, and the ability to play in the same worlds as pocket edition and xbox players, which sure is kind of a nice feature. Also, apparently baby squid.

On the bright side, there is speculation that the forked windows 10 version might have vastly superior performance, and apparently will be completely interchangeble between PC and tablet. Log onto your game on your PC, play, leave the house and log right back on with your tablet.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19374 on: July 04, 2015, 01:54:06 pm »

I thought the Windows 10 version was just another Pocket Edition-style port, and not a new version?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19375 on: July 04, 2015, 02:15:02 pm »

I thought the Windows 10 version was just another Pocket Edition-style port, and not a new version?
It probably will try to be both.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #19376 on: July 04, 2015, 02:30:50 pm »

On the bright side, there is speculation that the forked windows 10 version might have vastly superior performance, and apparently will be completely interchangeble between PC and tablet. Log onto your game on your PC, play, leave the house and log right back on with your tablet.

Interesting.  They don't come out and say it, but I get the feeling that the new owners have ported the whole game from Java to, probably, C-sharp managed code.

They do say this:
Quote from: Owen@Mojang
If you’re one of the 20 million(!) players who have the PC edition of Minecraft (referred to by techy people as the Java version) [...]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19377 on: July 04, 2015, 02:34:42 pm »

Microsoft news

Apparently Microsoft is forking Minecraft into two different versions, and has licensed the creation of what sounds like Minecraft, the story-driven RPG, to some developer I've never heard of that's made a bunch of games I've never played.

The forked version will be for windows 10 only, and is available for free to existing accounts starting July 29. Features include...a bunch of completely stupid stuff, and the ability to play in the same worlds as pocket edition and xbox players, which sure is kind of a nice feature. Also, apparently baby squid.

This news is months old. It's not a fork, it's an adventure game. Telltale are the world leaders in adventure games, making The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands, the Wolf Among Us, Sam & Max and the Back to the Future adventure games (off the top of my head).

Also, "fork" probably isn't actually what it is, more just a spinoff.

Interesting.  They don't come out and say it, but I get the feeling that the new owners have ported the whole game from Java to, probably, C-sharp managed code.

They do say this:
Quote from: Owen@Mojang
If you’re one of the 20 million(!) players who have the PC edition of Minecraft (referred to by techy people as the Java version) [...]

That's mainly because the PC version is the only one AFAIK that runs on Java. iOS version is Objective-C or something, console versions are all C++, Android version... may still be Java actually

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19378 on: July 04, 2015, 02:48:31 pm »

While I'm leery of Win10 in general because of KB3035583 shenanigans and the speculation that MS wants some of that sweet sweet walled garden action... I'm open minded to the idea of a not-java PC version.  Java has always been a bit fussy, and the last couple updates lobotomized themselves for me.  Both times, I spent half a day untangling everything and reverting to a previous version of Java.

If nothing else, it means not relying on a third party for (some) updates/fixes/etc., which should make development and maintenance easier.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19379 on: July 04, 2015, 03:22:18 pm »

In all honesty, if Microsoft ports Minecraft over to C (or whatever language that isn't Java), I will praise their name until the end of time.
Hell, I might even try my hand at modding.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 1290 1291 [1292] 1293 1294 ... 1380