Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424422 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19350 on: June 26, 2015, 06:35:31 am »

Are any of the other FTB magic packs any good? (Mage Quest, Magic World)?

E:
also, apparently Dark Trilogy is now "under new management". I wonder if it's been de-shittified?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19351 on: June 26, 2015, 07:11:54 am »

I haven't tried any of the other magic packs. Hubris isn't too bad. You want to find a pure node or build out over the ocean asap. Your first base will probably be a simple cobble platform that doesn't touch the ground.

Once you get a safe refuge it's not so bad.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19352 on: June 26, 2015, 04:01:04 pm »

Hm, what version of thaumcraft does hubris use? Sort of convenient to know, I haven't played Minecraft since Magmas DT server and even then I hardly used the magic mods.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19353 on: June 26, 2015, 05:03:02 pm »

Hm, what version of thaumcraft does hubris use? Sort of convenient to know, I haven't played Minecraft since Magmas DT server and even then I hardly used the magic mods.
Whatever the latest version is for 1.7.10 because azanor hasn't released a new version in ages. He's updating for 1.8 still

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19354 on: June 27, 2015, 02:47:35 am »

Has anyone taken the time to read the first page of this thread recently? It's amazing to see how far things have gone since then, even though I've been playing pretty much the entire time, lol.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19355 on: June 27, 2015, 06:52:27 am »

Yeah that screenshot with 689 fps, as if that would ever happen now.
Nom nom nom

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19356 on: June 27, 2015, 07:49:59 am »

maybe with no mods and nothing on screen in peaceful mode

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19357 on: June 28, 2015, 03:23:57 am »

And lowest quality everything.

E:
I really don't get what you're supposed to do in Hubris after a point. I'm doing a bunch of TC research, but I dont have the materials to actually do anything. There's no ore anywhere, and the cave systems near my home base (which is a single pure chunk) are overgrown with taint.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 05:45:25 am by miauw62 »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19358 on: June 28, 2015, 08:23:36 am »

I believe it has twilight forest installed.  So presumeably you are supposed to go there or the nether to get ores and what not.  The 'goal' in hubris is to eventually clense the above ground world with purifying items.
Nom nom nom

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19359 on: June 28, 2015, 08:27:17 am »

And lowest quality everything.

E:
I really don't get what you're supposed to do in Hubris after a point. I'm doing a bunch of TC research, but I dont have the materials to actually do anything. There's no ore anywhere, and the cave systems near my home base (which is a single pure chunk) are overgrown with taint.
Your main source of materials will probably be adventuring and alchemy. You get so much gold from quests and loot chests and thaumcraft lets you alchemy gold into iron. Raid a few towers when you can.

I didn't go to the twilight forest until very late.

There IS ore, its just much less common. One thing you could do is climb the botania tree and get the orechid which turns stone into ore.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19360 on: June 28, 2015, 09:49:09 am »

Also that taint thistle in botania will have no end of power sources to draw from.
Nom nom nom

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19361 on: June 28, 2015, 11:01:39 am »

Doesn't Twilight Forest have those giant hills stuffed with ore? Or is ore gen reduced there, too?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19362 on: June 28, 2015, 11:06:02 am »

Doesn't Twilight Forest have those giant hills stuffed with ore? Or is ore gen reduced there, too?
Its not reduced there. Its certainly a viable route.

I never needed to because I had chests full of thaumcraft's gold coins which each become gold nuggets and you can do a 1:1 transmutation of gold nuggets to iron nuggets. Redstone and other materials were never a problem.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19363 on: June 28, 2015, 12:19:10 pm »

Its not reduced there. Its certainly a viable route.

I never needed to because I had chests full of thaumcraft's gold coins which each become gold nuggets and you can do a 1:1 transmutation of gold nuggets to iron nuggets. Redstone and other materials were never a problem.

Fair enough. Y'all have convinced me to try it, anyway. I think someone mentioned it as having quests that made for a good starting point for the various magic mods? Is that accurate?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19364 on: June 28, 2015, 12:37:49 pm »

Can anybody recommend me a magic modpack that isnt shitty hubris?
YES TO GET METAL YOU HAVE TO DO DUNGEONS WITH NOTHING BUT A STICK ALSO EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SWORD ALL THE ENEMIES WILL EITHER TAKE IT FROM YOU, REMOVE ALL YOUR FOOD OR BE A PITA TO KILL. THE BEST TACTIC TO KILL MOBS IS THE GREATLY AMUSING GAME OF "STAND IN A DOOR THE ENEMIES CANT GET THROUGH AND SPAM M1". DID I MENTION YOU HAVE TO DO THIS IN THE FIRST DAY OR THE ENTIRE BUILDING WILL BE COVERED IN TAINT SO YOU WILL BE LOSING HEALTH ALL THE TIME ANYWAY?

at least it was a good way to cure me of my desire to play minecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 ... 1380