Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424427 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19335 on: June 23, 2015, 09:08:44 pm »

This thread is telling me it is 1337
???

1337 is the page number right now and it is part of leet-speak.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19336 on: June 23, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »

This thread is telling me it is 1337
???

1337 is the page number right now and it is part of leet-speak.
oh the page number. I see page 402 because I use longer pages

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19337 on: June 24, 2015, 07:33:04 pm »

--
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:34:18 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19338 on: June 25, 2015, 05:07:43 am »

Are you sure it only slightly decreases? I bottled a node and put it on a stabilizer but it won't recharge it's fire aspect past 2. Yes I removed it from the jar the bottle and the stabilizer is working (has the force field graphic)

Bottling nodes damages them, lowering their maximum amount of vis based on their current amount of vis. So if you drain a node before putting it in a jar, you're gonna have a bad time.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19339 on: June 25, 2015, 06:28:44 am »

Are you sure it only slightly decreases? I bottled a node and put it on a stabilizer but it won't recharge it's fire aspect past 2. Yes I removed it from the jar the bottle and the stabilizer is working (has the force field graphic)

Bottling nodes damages them, lowering their maximum amount of vis based on their current amount of vis. So if you drain a node before putting it in a jar, you're gonna have a bad time.
Bottling a node only 'damages' it in the sense that it can downgrade a bright node to normal, normal to pale, or pale to fading. It doesn't affect the vis count. Even then it is only a small chance to do so.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19340 on: June 25, 2015, 11:43:33 am »

Can anybody recommend a good magic modpack?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19341 on: June 25, 2015, 12:17:37 pm »

Can anybody recommend a good magic modpack?
Hubris is pretty good. Kind of challenging.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19342 on: June 25, 2015, 02:27:38 pm »

Bottling a node only 'damages' it in the sense that it can downgrade a bright node to normal, normal to pale, or pale to fading. It doesn't affect the vis count. Even then it is only a small chance to do so.

As per the wiki and personal experience, the maximum amount of vis a jarred node will regenerate is based on the amount of vis it had before it was jarred. http://thaumcraft-4.wikia.com/wiki/Node_in_a_Jar

Perhaps this changed in a more recent update.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19343 on: June 25, 2015, 02:35:24 pm »

the maximum amount of vis a jarred node will regenerate is based on the amount of vis it had before it was jarred.
That... all that means is that it will only regenerate to the same level it was when you jarred it. So you make sure it is fully regenerated before jarring it. That is how nodes work. So yes I guess it could lower the maximum if you have just drained the node a bunch before bottling it, which would be incredibly silly

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19344 on: June 25, 2015, 03:15:24 pm »

Hubris seems nice, but the "taint everywhere" sort of worries me...

E: and maybe a little bit challenging for me. Hmmm...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:17:50 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19345 on: June 25, 2015, 03:39:40 pm »

the maximum amount of vis a jarred node will regenerate is based on the amount of vis it had before it was jarred.
That... all that means is that it will only regenerate to the same level it was when you jarred it. So you make sure it is fully regenerated before jarring it. That is how nodes work. So yes I guess it could lower the maximum if you have just drained the node a bunch before bottling it, which would be incredibly silly

That is exactly what I said in my original statement, to which you replied jarring doesn't affect vis count. Micro's node not recharging past 2 vis could very well have been because it was drained before it got jarred.

Now I'm completely lost on what exactly you've been trying to say.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19346 on: June 25, 2015, 03:45:46 pm »

The act of jarring the node doesn't necessarily lower the vis count, is my point. You made it sound like this was always the case. The only time this happens is when you have drained the node manually prior to jarring it. It's good to be aware of, but the real damage comes from downgrading the node's type which tanks the recharge rate.

The vis count change is an artifact of how minecraft stores nbt data. When the node is converted into an item the invisble 'max vis count' data is lost and it is capped at whatever the current vis count is. Most of the time those two numbers will be identical and thus nothing changes. If you have just drained the node down to lower values though then jarring it will cause it never to regenerate what you drained.

Honestly I think this was just me doing a bad job of explaining myself. I wasn't trying to be so pedantic. Sorry. :)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19347 on: June 25, 2015, 11:10:36 pm »

Yeah that is most likely the reason. Wish there was more warning to this.

But now I have a bigger problem. I flew too high with my jetpack, was unable to turn off hover or engines, and no chunks seemed to be loading. I exit and try to reload, and it just brings me back tot he title screen. I am afraid my entire world is gone. Not cool. What do I do. I have a backup but I have accomplished too much since then. I use the AT launcher.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19348 on: June 26, 2015, 02:17:19 am »

But now I have a bigger problem. I flew too high with my jetpack, was unable to turn off hover or engines, and no chunks seemed to be loading. I exit and try to reload, and it just brings me back tot he title screen. I am afraid my entire world is gone. Not cool. What do I do. I have a backup but I have accomplished too much since then. I use the AT launcher.
You could try renaming your player data file.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19349 on: June 26, 2015, 06:19:20 am »

Have you tried teleporting yourself back down?
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 1380