Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423620 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19245 on: April 14, 2015, 02:39:16 am »

I started playing in Beta 1.2 I'm pretty sure. It was shortly before wolves were added.

I kinda miss when the game was a simple sandbox with occasional dangers. They've been around forever, but all the RPG elements (enchanting, levels & experience, potions, etc.) still feel really tacked-on and out-of-place. If I'm allowed to be a hipster for a moment, it feels to me like Mojang gave a bit too much way to the kiddies on the official Minecraft forums who incessantly begged for more combat-related features, regardless of the effect on the overall game.

About the only thing I've really enjoyed about the new RPG features is that it gives me a ton of cool decorations. Brewing stands, enchanting tables and beacons all make for some very nice-looking castles.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19246 on: April 14, 2015, 08:58:38 am »

I started just before the wolf update as well. On my first survival world I was to scared to go into the caves so until the wolf update I didn't even try. Once wolves happened I went in with like 10 and came out after killing 1 skeleton with 3 wolves left. I then made my little island walled off and covered in torches as well as building a massive watch tower and a mansion. The worst things were creepers they would always I hide behind your doors and blow up all your hard work. I remember I once trapped a chicken and called it Jim had him for ages but then he despawned I was so sad thought a skeleton had murdered him or something.

Minecraft isn't really the same as it was to me when I first started because now I know how to solve basically every problem. Even multiplayer sucks now because I got really good at Pvp playing Project Ares(awesome pvp server) so now I murder basically anyone who attacks me. I wish I could remove all my knowledge about minecraft and just start from scratch then continue being terrified of monsters, fall in love with my pet chicken again and laugh manically as my wolf army kill them selves trying to defend me. But I can't so now everything in minecraft is boring to me. Which sucks cause it is an awesome game.

P.S. Look up Project Ares if you like pvp it's probably the best server for it out there

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19247 on: April 14, 2015, 01:06:26 pm »

I started playing in Beta 1.2 I'm pretty sure. It was shortly before wolves were added.

I kinda miss when the game was a simple sandbox with occasional dangers. They've been around forever, but all the RPG elements (enchanting, levels & experience, potions, etc.) still feel really tacked-on and out-of-place. If I'm allowed to be a hipster for a moment, it feels to me like Mojang gave a bit too much way to the kiddies on the official Minecraft forums who incessantly begged for more combat-related features, regardless of the effect on the overall game.

About the only thing I've really enjoyed about the new RPG features is that it gives me a ton of cool decorations. Brewing stands, enchanting tables and beacons all make for some very nice-looking castles.
Not really giving in - if you check the very first pages of Notch's tumblr, he always planned for it to be RPG-ish - but I concur that it doesn't feel like it meshes with the game all that much, more like an official integrated mod than a feature.

Also, Beta 1.1_02 here.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19248 on: April 14, 2015, 01:48:40 pm »

I started playing minecraft, uh...

uhh....

about a week before the first version of infdev was released.

I dont even know how long ago that was.

I started playing minecraft.....

When this topic had one page :P

Then I didn't play it for 3 years.

gotta admit I did not think it would become this big after playing that first public build with just 4 types of blocks and some crafting. (then again who would have)
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19249 on: April 19, 2015, 08:31:07 pm »

Playing minecraft w/ my best friend for the first time in a loong time. We haven't seen each other in a long time but we used to pubstomp pvp servers all the time.

This shit's nostalgic as fuck.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19250 on: April 20, 2015, 02:14:44 am »

For some reason, I have a memory of playing minecraft before mobs were even in it, but can't remember when. My first real memory would be beta 1.8.3 I think. Or some old version. 1.3.2? 1.8.2?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19251 on: April 22, 2015, 08:00:11 am »

Since the mod thread seems to have died and been rolled into this one, does anyone have some random/fun suggestions for things I'm missing? I don't really care how much they "fit" with what I currently have.

I'm currently running Bevo's Tech Pack with added Iguana Tweaks, Metallurgy and the TiC addon for it, MineChem, ProjectE, and RFTools. Basically, I view it as "everything and the kitchen sink." When  I get tired of setting up a giant farm growing all of the food in Harvestcraft, I can work on getting enough RF to build and maintain RFTools worlds or something. I've updated mods as required for my additions, but I'm thinking about updating everything else from the pack as well.

Side note, make sure you don't have alloyable things in your smeltery when dumping in Metallurgy stuff. Mine's now full of black/damascus steel instead of the bronze, iron, and deep iron I actually needed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:13:01 am by Mephisto »

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19252 on: May 04, 2015, 11:47:26 am »

It looks like special arrows, shield and quiver are coming in the next 'Combat' update, for vanilla.
Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

Source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/34too2/nathan_adams_on_twitter_the_following_picture_is/
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19253 on: May 04, 2015, 03:56:26 pm »

But why is he upside down?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19254 on: May 04, 2015, 04:11:27 pm »

He's Dinnerbone, and is therefore upside-down.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19255 on: May 04, 2015, 04:33:29 pm »

He's Dinnerbone, and is therefore upside-down.
Who is dinnerbone and why would he be upside down?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19257 on: May 04, 2015, 04:56:22 pm »

ok, so he's a minecraft dev that the community seems to have a weird hardon for. cool

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19258 on: May 04, 2015, 05:16:26 pm »

that the community seems to have a weird hardon for.

?????
Pages: 1 ... 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 ... 1380