Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423532 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19185 on: January 31, 2015, 06:34:26 pm »

AFAIK Minecraft worlds generate a roughly even number of all biomes. The downside is that they're spread over an area ten billion times the size of Earth's surface. So theoretically, yes, you will encounter one if you just keep exploring, but that might take a very, very long time.

The 1.7 version of BoP does seem to generate lots of seasonal forests and moors for some reason. I've no idea why, it might be something to do with 1.7's newer worldgen algorithms.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19186 on: February 01, 2015, 04:21:53 am »

I FOUND ONE. It took about 6 hours, but I found one.

The hilarious part is that it wasn't far from where me and my mom have been building, it was just in a different direction than I was exploring. Have a look at the map I generated (you'll have to download it to see it at full resolution). The top part is me going back and forth east to west, searching but never finding. Then at long last, I decided to look around more to the south, near the spawn and my mom's house, and BOOM. Had it in ten minutes. Ssssiiiiiiiigh. Well, at least I have it, now. And I have a gigantic map of large portions of the world. There's a huge frozen region in the north that I can maybe use for something in the future... Mostly just all the same, though. Seasonal forests, moors, meadows, gardens...

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19187 on: February 04, 2015, 12:31:03 am »

They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19188 on: February 04, 2015, 06:55:34 pm »

Name changes are live! It's been a while, so you won't be able to take any obviously popular ones.

(In case anybody isn't aware: usernames belonging to free accounts have been freed.)

Somebody else got to "Elephant" before me, sadly.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #19189 on: February 04, 2015, 09:50:03 pm »

Cool! I was able to change my name to "Kadzar" (instead of the much lengthier "kadzartathram" it had been before).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19190 on: February 04, 2015, 10:15:43 pm »

And I changed mine to Skyrunner!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:17:21 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19191 on: February 04, 2015, 11:43:40 pm »

I already had Putnam, heheh.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19192 on: February 05, 2015, 12:00:16 am »

Ooh, I need to go change mine to Quartz_Mace! I used to use Kili_theDwarf, inspired by the Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, but I'd like a more original one and would also like to remain consistent with my other in-game names for things.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19193 on: February 05, 2015, 12:11:18 am »

Changed mine to Neutromancer, and finally got it capitalized.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19194 on: February 05, 2015, 01:58:40 am »

Going to see if I can grab Operand, or if that fails, MrMiauw. I want to get rid of those pesky numerals.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19195 on: February 05, 2015, 08:45:27 am »

Just a quick PSA, if you play on a server or singleplayer world with Thaumcraft changing your name will WIPE OUT your research and such because it is tied to your name, not your UUID. You can fix this by renaming a few files but you will NOT be able to recover warded blocks and smart doors etc except by going into creative mode and unwarding or replacing them.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #19196 on: February 05, 2015, 12:49:21 pm »

Just a quick PSA, if you play on a server or singleplayer world with Thaumcraft changing your name will WIPE OUT your research and such because it is tied to your name, not your UUID. You can fix this by renaming a few files but you will NOT be able to recover warded blocks and smart doors etc except by going into creative mode and unwarding or replacing them.
Going to be a busy time for server staff.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19197 on: February 05, 2015, 02:15:13 pm »

Going to be a busy time for server staff.
No doubt. I figured I would mention it because it's come up several times on the relevant github and other places for the mod. Save you guys some headache trying to figure out what happened.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19198 on: March 11, 2015, 02:34:51 am »

Apparently Microsoft bought Mojang so that we could all live in one big augmented reality Minecraft server.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:39:11 am by Reelya »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19199 on: March 11, 2015, 02:44:21 am »

Apparently Microsoft bought Mojang so that we could all live in one big augmented reality Minecraft server.
That is hilarious.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 1380