Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423429 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19140 on: December 20, 2014, 09:19:19 am »

Alright, my new server is up! It uses the The Dark Trilogy modpack, which has content for all of you. Official start is at 19:00 UTC, and the world will be reset right before then, but feel free to hang around before that.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19141 on: December 26, 2014, 12:02:54 pm »

I've been trying out thaumcraft and am stuck on the alembics and piping. I have a pipe attaching an alembic to a warded jar. Only one essentia was pumped into the jar and the rest is just sitting inside the alembic. Why did it stop at one?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19142 on: December 26, 2014, 01:03:30 pm »

Probably because there are some other types of essentia jamming up the jar.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19143 on: December 26, 2014, 03:05:07 pm »

Nope, empty jar. I attached it to the alembic through a single pipe that isn't connected to anything else, one essentia went through and then stopped. There is 11 of the same essentia sitting in the alembic.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19144 on: December 27, 2014, 10:34:16 am »

As someone who just got Minecraft, what mods would you recommend?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19145 on: December 27, 2014, 11:19:19 am »

Do you have a beastly computer that isn't taxed enough by it?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19146 on: December 27, 2014, 01:54:35 pm »

Also, have you updated java? (and if on a 64-bit computer, do you have 64-bit java?)

Because there are a lot of minecraft mods and you can quickly run into lots of slowdown even on fast graphics if you just add all the things. Do you want recommendations for tech mods, magical mods, other mods, or mods for previous versions of minecraft?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19147 on: December 27, 2014, 02:41:05 pm »

There's a third party modpack in the FTB launcher called "The Dark Trilogy", and it's pretty good. A lot of modpacks are very bloated but this one contains a few nature mods, a few industrial mods and a few magic mods, but not too much.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19148 on: December 27, 2014, 04:20:30 pm »

Ooh ooh, what do you guys recommend for tech mods?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19149 on: December 27, 2014, 06:52:31 pm »

Also, have you updated java? (and if on a 64-bit computer, do you have 64-bit java?)

Because there are a lot of minecraft mods and you can quickly run into lots of slowdown even on fast graphics if you just add all the things. Do you want recommendations for tech mods, magical mods, other mods, or mods for previous versions of minecraft?
I will look into updating Java, I wont be on my main computer for a while but really im just looking for a mix of good mods, is Tekkit still one of the main ones? Or things like that?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19150 on: December 27, 2014, 07:08:24 pm »

Yep, theres still lots of modpacks.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19151 on: December 28, 2014, 03:20:46 am »

I play using a custom modpack. I'd upload it but I think there are a few in there that say "you may not use this in modpacks" blablabla. But here's a list of my mods, if you want to try it out. It's designed around playing on peaceful, but still having a survival challenge; you have to eat, and you can't eat the same foods repeatedly or they lose their nutritional value. Also, crops grow very slowly. So you have to balance your diet while you try to carve out an empire in the wilderness. I'm also using Sildur's Vibrant Shaders, which adds another layer of difficulty since it's so very dark at night (makes exploring at night a dangerous challenge, and I have definitely fallen into ravines and such even holding a torch).

I think that's everything. If anyone wants to try it out, I'll put it on my dropbox and make a link, but I'll send it only through PMs so I don't anger the mod creators.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19152 on: December 28, 2014, 04:28:38 am »

I'd like to give it a shot, that sounds wonderful.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19153 on: December 28, 2014, 05:15:16 am »

So, I'm thinking of getting back into this--though my first MP experience was only with Skyrunner's servers and it had...a partial hard time to load areas (took a while to load things) but it was very stable along with multiple mods though!

...How has Minecraft been lately? Is FeedTheBeast being used?
I've little technical knowledge about all of these >_<;

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19154 on: December 28, 2014, 06:15:54 am »

I'd like to give it a shot, that sounds wonderful.

PM sent with linkies! Anyone else interested in my peaceful survival pack?

Of course, you can play it with monsters on, but I think it ruins the lonely feeling I was going for.
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 ... 1380