Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1261 1262 [1263] 1264 1265 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422512 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18930 on: September 30, 2014, 09:44:54 am »

Oooh, nice. I tried to build a ship once, and it ended up being pretty hilariously bad from the outside. The interior was kinda nice, though.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18931 on: September 30, 2014, 09:50:00 am »

Hey so I just got the ATL launcher, and I was thinking of trying out either the yog modpack or the modsauce modpack.  Which one is better for factories?
not tried modsauce, but the yog one is just a slighlty more added resonant rise, which i found pretty fun for it. big thing, look for steve's factory manager in the mod pack, wich i can't recal if is in 1.6 RR or not.
actually, checked, it is. I guess the biggest question then is 1.7 or 1.6. RR, and thus yog, is gearing up for their 3.0 release which might be the last 1.6 as those modders and the mod scene are moving up. 1.7 still doens't have ALL the fun things of 1.6 yet either though.
If you play modsauce, tell me how it is, as my atl pack right now is bevo's tech pack i'm trying

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18932 on: September 30, 2014, 01:41:29 pm »

Aaaand here is a junk:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: For clarification, I'm building ships that 'travel' to different parts of our custom map from near spawn, replacing the mediocre ones currently used for that purpose. The junk will go to the 'East' (asiatic-themed lands), naturally.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 01:50:33 pm by Reverie »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #18933 on: September 30, 2014, 05:37:38 pm »

Aaaand here is a junk:

Edit: For clarification, I'm building ships that 'travel' to different parts of our custom map from near spawn, replacing the mediocre ones currently used for that purpose. The junk will go to the 'East' (asiatic-themed lands), naturally.
Wow, that's a decent-sized junk. Out of curiosity, how many people to you expect to want to ride your junk?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18934 on: September 30, 2014, 05:41:01 pm »

Aaaand here is a junk:

Wow, that's a decent-sized junk. Out of curiosity, how many people to you expect to want to ride your junk?

You are horrible.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18935 on: September 30, 2014, 05:46:37 pm »

Fffffffft.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #18936 on: September 30, 2014, 06:41:38 pm »

Aaaand here is a junk:

You are horrible.
What? I was just asking questions about his junk! I'm very interested in people's junks, ya know. The big ones are really interesting.

I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #18937 on: October 01, 2014, 08:41:06 pm »

I finished building a ginormous passively-cooled reactor with Big Reactors. It's 11x11x4 on the inside, with 4 3x3 fuel rods. It produces, at its peak, about 46.1 kiRF/t. No, that's not a typo. 46,100 RF per tick. I have to run two MFR mining lasers at maximum power just for something to do with it. I'm currently writing a nice suite of programs for ComputerCraft to work with it. I've got a rough diagnostics program already, which will examine the reactor, to check various criteria such as whether the reactor actually exists, the current core temperature, quantity of fuel, and anything else you care to name. There'll also be a separate utility for direct control, and one that will (If I can figure out a good way to do it) automatically adjust the reactor based on the user's needs.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18938 on: October 01, 2014, 09:17:09 pm »

and one that will (If I can figure out a good way to do it) automatically adjust the reactor based on the user's needs.

Gotcha covered bud. You may want something more... efficient, like a binary search, but my attempts at that have been pretty fruitless, mostly because I can't find good conditions to reset the binary search to the middle.

Basically, every 2 seconds (can be set lower or higher, down to 0.5 seconds), this calculates the difference between the last recorded power amount and the current recorded power amount; if it's less than 0 or more than 100, it changes the power by the change in power divided by 1000 (rounded accordingly). For example, if you've lost 10000 RF in the last two seconds, it'll bump up the control rods by ten in an attempt to compensate; if you've gained 50, it'll consider that perfectly fine and do nothing; if you've gained 40,000, it'll bump the control rods down by 40 to run more efficiently.

I think you could call it a PID controller, but it's probably only about 1/3 of the way there.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 10:37:33 pm by Putnam »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18939 on: October 01, 2014, 10:19:05 pm »

What? I was just asking questions about his junk! I'm very interested in people's junks, ya know. The big ones are really interesting.

These sorts of jokes are completely lost on me. We grew up speaking proper English in my house. I learned the word 'junk' from a James Bond movie: The Man with the Golden Gun. I think I was an adult before I heard anyone use 'junk' to describe genitalia.

Cue conversation:

Some guy: "Oh, dude yeah man...like my junk is so big dawg!"
Me (confused): "You own a boat?"
Some guy (confused): "What?
Me: "A junk is a type of Chinese sailing vessel."
Some guy: "What the fuck you smoking dawg! I'm talkin' 'bout mah dick!"
Me (silently thinking to self): "...I wonder how this particular etymological travesty happened. Probably has nothing to do with boats. 'Junk' as in 'stuff?' 'Useless trash?' Why would he call his own dick useless trash? Perhaps I should clarify."
Me: "Wait...you mean junk as in junk? Why are you insulting your own dick?"
Some guy: "Dude! Mah dick is huge homie! Chickadees wanna suck it and they like 'Damn, bitch!'"
Me (silently thinking to self): "So, his dick is junk and girls call him a bitch because of it? So...it's so small and useless they call him a girl because of it? I wonder if I should let him know that...wait, you know what? I'm just going to let this one go."
Me: "Ok. Well, nice talking with you. Bye, now."
Me: (thinking to self) "Idiot.
Some guy: (thinking to self) "Idiot."

Really, this kind of thing happens to me fairly regularly. A lot of slang is very, very dumb, and often I wonder why so many people try so very hard to make up nonsense words and start using them with strangers and expect them to understand. It took me months to figure out whether 'booty' was boobs or butt when I first started hearing it. It's very difficult to deduce that kind of thing from context sometimes, but it seems to violate some sort of social convention to simply ask people what they're talking about. Though I sometimes suspect that people who use slang don't really know what they're talking about either. Chinese junks aren't common knowledge, so somebody must have been really out of it to start calling their dick 'junk' and think it was a good idea. Might as well start calling your face 'ugly' and your biceps 'tiny' and try to impress people with that. Sometimes slang seems deliberately contrary like that. 'Bad' for example, sometimes meaning 'good.'  "People are idiots" seems like the simplest solution sometimes.

Anyway, now we have urban dictionary. It makes life easier.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #18940 on: October 01, 2014, 10:33:53 pm »

@Putnam thanks, that'll help a lot.

I'll release the alpha of the diagnostics program tomorrow. Right now, it just gives you data on the reactor. It's only for passively-cooled reactors ATM, but it'll take me five minutes tomorrow to change that. As it is, it could be run by anybody without prior modification, because I set it up to find any reactor peripherals on a network instead of needing names or locations. For now, I need my sleep. G'night.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18941 on: October 02, 2014, 02:08:58 am »

What? I was just asking questions about his junk!

Wrong pronoun :p

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18942 on: October 02, 2014, 03:59:03 am »

Silly tahu, everyone knows Reverie's an it.

I'm sorry Reverie please don't hurt me
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18943 on: October 02, 2014, 04:55:15 am »

flantasy flan is a they

obv

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18944 on: October 02, 2014, 04:56:22 am »