Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422791 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18870 on: September 26, 2014, 05:25:13 pm »

That looks kinda neat. I'll give it a go in SSP and report back to you guys.

If forsaken doesn't return, I will (eventually) get my act together and set up a server. Maybe for the Town thing, maybe something else entirely. I don't know.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18871 on: September 26, 2014, 06:36:24 pm »

ahh TFC is great, great stuff. It's a shame it doesn't play well with the other tech mods (or any mods really) and requires such a hopelessly out of date version minecraft. TFC is a great example of the whole Unreal World with blocks (and progressively advancing technology) feel I am taking our server in. If you get something together, I hope you don't mind if I drop in to say, "hi" when my modded Minecraft itch needs scratching. :)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18872 on: September 26, 2014, 06:42:55 pm »

1.6.4 isn't hopelessly out of date? Most major mods are only just beginning the transition to 1.7 IIRC.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18873 on: September 26, 2014, 06:56:03 pm »

1.6.4 is considered dead and looked upon with disdain in the eyes of the modding community. So much so, that LexManos himself has publicly stated that mod authors should shame people still working on it. 1.7.10 is where most mods are.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18874 on: September 26, 2014, 07:04:44 pm »

Cite, please?

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18876 on: September 26, 2014, 07:07:55 pm »

Some mods are still stuck on 1.6.4. It would be best if people moved on, but people who don't shouldn't be shamed. It's not like they're getting paid.

Edit: Also, he said that people should shame modders working on 1.6.4 once 1.8 Forge is out. I still don't think that they should be shamed, though it's unlikely that anyone will use their mods.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 07:10:07 pm by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18877 on: September 26, 2014, 07:10:59 pm »

I'm of the opinion that shaming them to get them to discontinue updates in 1.6.4 is like shaming a company for creating games compatible with XP or Vista.
I think this is about modders updating only for 1.6.4, and not 1.7.10 and higher.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18878 on: September 26, 2014, 07:12:49 pm »

I'm of the opinion that shaming them to get them to discontinue updates in 1.6.4 is like shaming a company for creating games compatible with XP or Vista.
Don't software boxes still mention windows 2000 in the system requirements, though? (Or am I showing how long its been since I got a boxed anything on the computer)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18879 on: September 26, 2014, 07:19:13 pm »

You know, the whole discussion is kinda pointless, since TFC is being updated to 1.7.10 - and is in fact stable enough that I watched a livestream of an exclusive pre-release a couple of days ago.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18880 on: September 26, 2014, 10:22:24 pm »

So. I've been doing Agrarian Skies. The endless blue void. It gets to me after a while. .-.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18881 on: September 26, 2014, 10:22:51 pm »

I haven't actually played Agrarian Skies. What's it like?

http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php/topic,22782.msg115468.html#msg115468
It sounds like Lex is being a little facetious.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18882 on: September 26, 2014, 11:06:20 pm »

Well, tense. Because starvation is a very real threat, and dirt is at a premium until you can get shears/a decent tree farm going. Which itself requires more dirt. So the until you get yourself set up comfortably, you're usually not all that far from starvation. Let's just say I'd never thought I'd actually ever wind up staring at a sapling intently as I have since I started the modpack.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 11:09:38 pm by Vorthon »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18883 on: September 26, 2014, 11:07:48 pm »

Yeah, first thing in the pack you'll pretty much be subsisting on fish. I cheated myself several poles' worth, tossing the poles, just to save the tedium.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18884 on: September 27, 2014, 09:02:23 am »

Well, tense. Because starvation is a very real threat, and dirt is at a premium until you can get shears/a decent tree farm going. Which itself requires more dirt. So the until you get yourself set up comfortably, you're usually not all that far from starvation. Let's just say I'd never thought I'd actually ever wind up staring at a sapling intently as I have since I started the modpack.
Spoiler: Hint (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 ... 1380