Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1244 1245 [1246] 1247 1248 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423514 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18675 on: September 08, 2014, 04:33:27 pm »

I see. Multimine, maybe. I know it works for breaking blocks by hand. Blocks retain their "damage" value even when you're not smacking them. I don't think it works for TNT/creepers/etc, but it might be worth looking into.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18676 on: September 08, 2014, 05:06:21 pm »

Partially, in general just an overhaul to how explosions work that takes into account the angles of incidence of the blast, reflections maybe, basically to explosions what FAR is to KSP's aerodynamics.

And on the topic of that kind of thing, I wouldn't mind the same for light either. The light mechanics are... clunky at best, outright ridiculous at worst.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18677 on: September 08, 2014, 05:31:16 pm »

If we're just posting mods we wished existed, I'd like one that adds magic/spell/caster guns, or at least one that lets me have bullets with various utilities, like the ones for the Hunter's Handgun in Xeno's Reliquary. Hell, even just an addon for that mod would be nice.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18678 on: September 10, 2014, 09:35:57 am »

~20 pages since I last checked the thread. Sorry if it's already been posted, but apparently microsoft might be buying mojang.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18679 on: September 10, 2014, 09:45:19 am »

Why would people even need Minecraft toys if they can just play Minecraft instead?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18680 on: September 10, 2014, 09:46:13 am »

Hey, the Lego movie was popular right? Minecraft is Lego on steroids, it must do even better.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18681 on: September 10, 2014, 01:02:04 pm »

I've decided to create an adventure/survival map. Is there a command to set the spawn point for new players?

I've got a few of your clones in my village now, by the way. Not doing much just yet, just standing around. I need to figure out how to give you jobs and put you to work!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18682 on: September 10, 2014, 01:11:17 pm »

Minecraft, as a movie? I think microsoft is looking at the wrong thing entirely, or they spend too much time looking at youtube.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18683 on: September 10, 2014, 01:17:33 pm »

Oh, since I've got a minecraft account now, I'm wondering if it's too late to get in on that village thing. Mine's FireAndDice. My skin's a sort of robo-cyclops thing, so I dunno how well that'd fit in.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18684 on: September 10, 2014, 01:21:24 pm »

Oh, since I've got a minecraft account now, I'm wondering if it's too late to get in on that village thing. Mine's FireAndDice. My skin's a sort of robo-cyclops thing, so I dunno how well that'd fit in.

I've added you to the list. For now, I'm just sort of adding people at random. The mod is glitchy anyway, and often the skins don't show up properly. I don't know how many I can have without Minecraft kerploding, especially since I'm also playing around with Mystcraft. For the moment I'm just playing with it, but hopefully I'll get something organized in the future.

Has anyone here ever made an adventure map before? What are the conventions regarding use of mods? Can I include the mods in the download for the map, or do I have to just make a list of mods they need along with links for where to get them?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18685 on: September 10, 2014, 01:25:39 pm »

But, 2 billion dollars? How will they ever make that money back? I refuse to believe it. Unless they start charging a monthly subscription for minecraft...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18686 on: September 10, 2014, 01:27:38 pm »

But, 2 billion dollars? How will they ever make that money back? I refuse to believe it. Unless they start charging a monthly subscription for minecraft...

Minecraft is bigger than Lego.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18687 on: September 10, 2014, 01:33:27 pm »

Lego movie world wide made $468,060,692 in theater sales. that's no where near 2 billion. Even after DvD sales I doubt it'll be close. Lego the company had a Net Income just over a billion dollars last year. To even match that Microsoft would have to massively shotgun out toy-lines etc. and they probably don't have near the  manufacturing capability. Now I'm no business expert, so I may be missing something here, but that's what I see as a pleb on the street.

EDIT: Revenue does not equal Net Income. Dur.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18688 on: September 10, 2014, 01:54:42 pm »

re: all the MS/Mojang $2 billion talk, I call bullshit until it is heard from the horse's mouth.  The Wall Street Journal is owned by News Corp., which also owns FOX; nothing they say can be taken at face value.  The article being cited is behind a paywall _and_ doesn't name its source.  Clickbait of the first order, and the entire gaming industry is playing ball.  Pathetic.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18689 on: September 10, 2014, 02:00:28 pm »

I've added you to the list. For now, I'm just sort of adding people at random. The mod is glitchy anyway, and often the skins don't show up properly. I don't know how many I can have without Minecraft kerploding, especially since I'm also playing around with Mystcraft. For the moment I'm just playing with it, but hopefully I'll get something organized in the future.

Has anyone here ever made an adventure map before? What are the conventions regarding use of mods? Can I include the mods in the download for the map, or do I have to just make a list of mods they need along with links for where to get them?

I forgot so.. what village thing? I am quite interested in village building at the moment.
So.. can I join as well?
Pages: 1 ... 1244 1245 [1246] 1247 1248 ... 1380