Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424458 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18495 on: August 19, 2014, 08:41:10 am »

And I thought civcraft had a bad economy, I'm way off, if they could just get rid of the bots it would probably be excellent.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18496 on: August 19, 2014, 09:44:16 am »

Yeah, with EE2 you only need one particularly generous person to completely destroy the economy.
You mean a guy with a public UU factory?

You don't see IC2 much, either, heh.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18497 on: August 19, 2014, 10:52:06 am »

I've got an IndustrialCraft question, from Tekkit Classic... I made a wrench, and I want to use it to rotate a battery box. However, whenever I right-click the box, it just destroys it. I pick it up, try again, and it destroys it again. It rotates the box about once in every 4 tries or so. So far I haven't managed to rotate the block more than once before it pops off and I have to start over.

Am I doing something wrong? I thought it was supposed to rotate most of the time and only destroy sometimes. It would make sense if it rotated by right-clicking and destroyed only by left-clicking, but that definitely doesn't work. So how can I rotate the box to the direction I want it?

Thanks!

EDIT: nevermind, I found the answer. I need to right-click on the face I want to have the output. So I'll have to remove the other machine next to it so I can reach. At least I know how to do it now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:55:58 am by Sappho »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18498 on: August 20, 2014, 09:26:33 pm »

Shift+Right click should rotate the block to the opposite face than the one you clicked on, IIRC.

---

Do you wish your Minecraft experience was more vegan?

I didn't think so. Anyway, here's this thing. Picked up the link from PSJ who, coincidentally enough, also began playing four years ago.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:32:18 pm by Mephisto »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18499 on: August 21, 2014, 03:00:40 am »

That's a beautiful video. Makes me wish I had a computer capable of running Minecraft in that much detail. Still don't quite understand what the modpack is about, though.

"Living in harmony with nature." ...?

Also, sorry, Greatorder, I must have edited my post just moments after you wrote yours. I figured out how to do it: you have to right-click on the side you want the output to be on. I was thinking I had to just keep rotating it until it had the orientation I wanted, and I was clicking on the side that already had the output. Got it now! : )

On the other hand, I realized that my goal of making a fireworks factory is in vain. Tekkit Classic runs on too old a version of Minecraft, and there are no fireworks. I probably should have checked that before starting this one. I plan to make a video today showing my mental breakdown at the realization... I've been making these videos for my mom (link in my sig) and she's about to get an unexpectedly artistic episode... : )

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18500 on: August 22, 2014, 02:00:04 pm »

So I've been making this series of videos to persuade my mom to play Minecraft with me. (She bought it today. I succeeded at last!) I had planned to make a fireworks factory in Tekkit Classic, not realizing that this older version of Minecraft has no fireworks. So I figured I'd end this little series with a bang.

I um. I made this video.

I am not sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUPqrc1rwhA&feature=youtu.be

(This is the most fun thing I have ever made, ever.)

(All the music and most of the sound effects were made from scratch, by me, with my own voice, in Audacity.)

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18501 on: August 22, 2014, 02:59:32 pm »

So I've been making this series of videos to persuade my mom to play Minecraft with me. (She bought it today. I succeeded at last!) I had planned to make a fireworks factory in Tekkit Classic, not realizing that this older version of Minecraft has no fireworks. So I figured I'd end this little series with a bang.

I um. I made this video.

I am not sorry.

(All the music and most of the sound effects were made from scratch, by me, with my own voice, in Audacity.)
*Sappho has gone stark raving mad!*

Poor Tetris house. :(
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18502 on: August 22, 2014, 03:01:04 pm »

I backed up the save before I blew it up. : ) But I think I'm going to leave Tekkit Classic behind for now. I really want to try this Life in the Woods pack, after watching some let's plays.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18503 on: August 22, 2014, 04:34:15 pm »

I um. I made this video.

I am not sorry.

I hope you didn't blow up the pig.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18504 on: August 23, 2014, 03:27:29 am »

I'm not responsible for that pig. If it wandered into a nuclear meltdown, I can hardly be held responsible...

So I'm now trying to play Life In the Woods. I want my hunger to go down without having to deal with monsters which would spoil the atmosphere of the story I'm working on. I discovered that you can play on easy or normal on a multiplayer server, and just disable monster spawning. (This is 1.6.4 so there's no single-player command to stop monster spawning.) I found a tutorial on setting up this mod for multiplayer, got the server going, and connected to 127.0.0.1 - it worked like a charm. Hunger decreasing, no monsters.

I was wandering around exploring, looking for a suitable place to start. I opped myself on the server and turned on creative mode so I could fly around. I set the time to day (though it didn't make a difference to the lighting at all, not sure what the deal is with that), and set off to explore.

After a few moments, the world came to an end. I wasn't sure if it was really the end of the world, or just server lag. I waited for a moment, and realized that other chunks were starting to unload. I moved around a little more, and soon the world was just gone. I was floating in empty space.

I disconnected and tried to reconnect, but it wouldn't let me. I shut down the game and had a look at the server console. This is what it said.

Can anyone help me figure out what happened and how to fix it? I had the LITW Hungry mod installed both on the server and the client, same versions all around, all the same mods, as far as I know.

Spoiler: Console Readout (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: server.log file (click to show/hide)

Thanks guys.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18505 on: August 23, 2014, 03:42:39 pm »

If I had to guess, I'd say that your computer is having significant trouble running both the client and server at the same time. See "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" from both the client and server logs. I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it, really.
That said, I'm hardly an expert, so someone else here might be more helpful.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18506 on: August 23, 2014, 03:51:37 pm »

Thanks for the reply. My computer wasn't getting hot and the game wasn't really lagging until it went crazy, so I was assuming it could handle running both, but it's not terribly surprising if it's failing after all. If anyone has any alternate suggestions, do let me know. Fortunately, I discovered that in the "hungry" version of this mod, you get hungry even on peaceful, so that's okay for now. I will need to find a way to start a private server with my mom, though (she finally got the game!). Maybe I can get her to run it... Or else we'll have to wait for my new computer.

In other news, this Life in the Woods modpack is just lovely. Even on peaceful, it has some challenge, but it's also very relaxing and beautiful. It's like Minecraft meets Harvest Moon, plus a lot more. And amazingly, (when I'm not trying to run a server) it runs extremely well on my laptop.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18507 on: August 23, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »

Anyone seen any other good HQM maps? Like Crashlanding and Agerian Skies??/
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18508 on: August 24, 2014, 01:13:59 pm »

Do anyone have a server running with Professor Flaxbeards Wondrous Steam Power Mod included?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18509 on: August 24, 2014, 01:49:04 pm »

Gah... Trying to play with my mom, we're having a hell of a time getting online together. We need a peaceful server, or at least one with monsters disabled, but I've only found one and it was already all used up and built on. Anyone know of one we can use? We just want to build together without being attacked by zombies. She's just starting out, learning the controls, etc...
Pages: 1 ... 1232 1233 [1234] 1235 1236 ... 1380