Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424532 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18465 on: August 05, 2014, 03:03:52 pm »

Since I'd rather not necro the Minecraft Mods thread, I have a single question:

Is there a minimap for 1.7.10? Voxelmap seems to of vanished off of the face of the planet, and Rei's isn't updated as far as I can tell.
I'm using JourneyMap. I still prefer Mapwriter, but this mod does the trick for the time being.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18468 on: August 15, 2014, 12:14:30 pm »

Is anyone using the Tekkit mod pack? It's running surprisingly okay on my machine (as long as I keep a fan blowing over the computer), but I can't get the textures right. I want to use BDCraft, but it's giving me trouble. I know I need to add the Tekkit textures to the original BDCraft archive for the new blocks. The 128x128 one works fine, but it causes the game to lag quite a bit. When I tried the 64x64 one, though, the whole game crashed.

Maybe I have the wrong files or something? Can anyone send me a link to an archive with the 64x BDcraft pack, with the Tekkit textures included? The game is just getting laggier the more I mess with it. : /

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18469 on: August 15, 2014, 01:01:37 pm »

Are you using Tekkit classic or lite?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18470 on: August 15, 2014, 01:16:46 pm »

I've been looking for people to possibly play tekkit with (and a server to play on). Let me know if you have a server in mind?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18471 on: August 15, 2014, 02:51:37 pm »

Tekkit classic. I've tried three different downloads now and none of them has worked. Most of them simply don't show up in the list at all, even though it's definitely labeled as the right version (1.6.4).

Does anyone have a copy of the patched BDcraft texture pack zip for 64x? I can't believe how difficult this is turning out to be.

I'd love to play multiplayer, but I'm not sure my computer can handle that at the moment. It can barely handle multiplayer on vanilla. Might have to wait for the new computer... 2 months or so. : /

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18472 on: August 15, 2014, 05:32:12 pm »

I'd love to play multiplayer, but I'm not sure my computer can handle that at the moment. It can barely handle multiplayer on vanilla. Might have to wait for the new computer... 2 months or so. : /

I have not read too much about your issue, but have you tried doing a simple cleaning of your computer? Removing 90% of the dust that may be inside could solve your overheating issues.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18473 on: August 15, 2014, 06:28:45 pm »

If you can play a modpack on single player, you can play it in multiplayer. It's actually less demanding on the machine, I believe.

Of course, that's not true if nearby people have built tons of machines and stuff.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18474 on: August 15, 2014, 06:30:14 pm »

Tekkit classic. I've tried three different downloads now and none of them has worked. Most of them simply don't show up in the list at all, even though it's definitely labeled as the right version (1.6.4).

Does anyone have a copy of the patched BDcraft texture pack zip for 64x? I can't believe how difficult this is turning out to be.
Had a bit of a tinker and think I know where you went wrong. You needed the version of BDcraft for MC 1.2.5 as it's the version Tekkit Classic is built on. I just assembled the pack for myself and got it working. This should work (might take a little bit before the download becomes available).

Edit: Download should be active now.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:35:21 pm by Vattic »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18475 on: August 15, 2014, 06:45:38 pm »

I have not read too much about your issue, but have you tried doing a simple cleaning of your computer? Removing 90% of the dust that may be inside could solve your overheating issues.
People keep asking her about this and I'm sure she's tired of explaining it over and again, so in her stead I'll say: her laptop is a piece of crap, she's done all she can to keep it from overheating, she just needs to hold out until she can get it replaced. We've gone over this in detail and there's really nothing more to say on the matter.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18476 on: August 15, 2014, 08:01:29 pm »

I thought I did a PSA on Sappho's laptop a few pages back. Come on, guys, why don't you read my PSAs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18477 on: August 16, 2014, 01:27:30 am »

People keep asking her about this and I'm sure she's tired of explaining it over and again, so in her stead I'll say: her laptop is a piece of crap, she's done all she can to keep it from overheating, she just needs to hold out until she can get it replaced. We've gone over this in detail and there's really nothing more to say on the matter.

Thanks. : ) I do appreciate people trying to help, but yeah, there's nothing more to be done. 2 more months, 3 tops... Maybe I should put this in my signature to help avoid future repetitions.

The last time I tried multiplayer the computer immediately overheated and shut down, even with minimum settings. I can probably get it to stay alive now with the fan, but it does seem to be more demanding than single player, probably because people build a lot more (and there's a lot of constructions especially near the spawn). I'll have to give it another try. If someone finds a good Tekkit server, I'll join and see how it goes.

Vattic: Thanks for the download, but it still isn't working for some reason. Simply doesn't show up in the texture packs list. It's so strange, because the 128x versions (for both 1.7 and 1.6) show up fine. The Tekkit launcher is definitely giving me MC 1.6.4, but the BDCraft for Tekkit packs for 1.6.4 at 64x simply refuse to show up on the list.

On the other hand, the Pure BDCraft without the Tekkit textures shows up just fine at all resolutions. But then when I try to load it at 64x, the game crashes.

Why does nothing ever run properly for me? : / I seem to have the worst luck with strange errors. I haven't fiddled with the Tekkit pack at all, so I can't see why I should be having problems. Maybe I'll just try 32x and give up the pretty pictures...

EDIT: Okay, I got the 32x one working fine, so I'll just use that. I probably should anyway. I don't know what's up with the 64x one, but every time I choose it, the whole game just freezes up. Strange.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:15:05 am by Sappho »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18478 on: August 16, 2014, 09:57:50 am »

The last time I tried multiplayer the computer immediately overheated and shut down, even with minimum settings. I can probably get it to stay alive now with the fan, but it does seem to be more demanding than single player, probably because people build a lot more (and there's a lot of constructions especially near the spawn). I'll have to give it another try. If someone finds a good Tekkit server, I'll join and see how it goes.
If possible renting a small sever for yourself might work best.

Vattic: Thanks for the download, but it still isn't working for some reason. Simply doesn't show up in the texture packs list. It's so strange, because the 128x versions (for both 1.7 and 1.6) show up fine. The Tekkit launcher is definitely giving me MC 1.6.4, but the BDCraft for Tekkit packs for 1.6.4 at 64x simply refuse to show up on the list.
Well that sucks. I am certain Tekkit Classic uses MC 1.2.5 as I have it running in front of me right now and on the MC title screen it says "Minecraft 1.2.5". The texture pack is at version 1.6 which might be the source of confusion? When you start up MC through the launcher and you get to the title screen is this what you see in the bottom left corner?

If not you might have the wrong mod pack loaded. Since MC 1.2.5 the folder you put the texture packs has changed from 'texturepacks' to 'resourcepacks' and the internal format has changed also which might be why it isn't showing up in the list (old packs don't even register as packs in newer versions).

On the other hand, the Pure BDCraft without the Tekkit textures shows up just fine at all resolutions. But then when I try to load it at 64x, the game crashes.

Why does nothing ever run properly for me? : / I seem to have the worst luck with strange errors. I haven't fiddled with the Tekkit pack at all, so I can't see why I should be having problems. Maybe I'll just try 32x and give up the pretty pictures...

EDIT: Okay, I got the 32x one working fine, so I'll just use that. I probably should anyway. I don't know what's up with the 64x one, but every time I choose it, the whole game just freezes up. Strange.
Have you tried leaving it for a while? It sounds like it might be struggling to load all the image files. There is even a noticeable delay when I select the pack. There are a lot of images to load into memory after all.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18479 on: August 16, 2014, 12:29:49 pm »

It only happens with the 64x pack. The 32x and 128x both load fine, just with a short loading period when I first select them.

I am running Tekkit from the Technic Launcher. When I started the game for the first time, it downloaded the most recent version of the modpack, and it checks it for updates each time I load the game. It is most definitely 1.6.4.

I have just now noticed that there is a separate modpack called "Tekkit Classic" which is apparently an older version, so presumably that's where the confusion came from. I thought that before you were asking whether I use Tekkit Lite or Tekkit Classic, with Classic being the main version. Sorry about that. I'm using the regular, latest version of Tekkit.

On the other hand, is Classic the version I see in all the older Tekkit videos? Like the ones the Yogscast made a lot of? Because that version looks more fun. The newer version is much harder, with a lot of the fun stuff having been nerfed, especially the equivalent exchange mod...

EDIT: Actually, I'm getting all turned around now. I've tried Google and the Tekkit web site and both are surprisingly unhelpful: what exactly are the differences between Tekkit, Tekkit Lite, and Tekkit Classic? I'm just playing single player so server stuff isn't an issue for me at the moment. I prefer the game to be easier rather than harder; I have limited time to play and I don't want to take any steps to make the game take any longer to accomplish goals than it already does.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:35:26 pm by Sappho »
Pages: 1 ... 1230 1231 [1232] 1233 1234 ... 1380