Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424677 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18450 on: August 02, 2014, 12:16:15 am »

Have you tried plugging it in? Turning it off then on again? Mac or PC? I really only work with winblows :/
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: August 02, 2014, 12:19:34 am »

I recommend telling your laptop to chill.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: August 03, 2014, 12:04:56 am »

The heat is heading to the keyboard? Is the fan working? I'd open it and see what is transferring the heat upwards. If it's just heat rising like heat does, then a good fan should do the trick and send the heat downward (if your fan works, maybe it's reversed). When my laptop gets to hot I have a glass of water next to me, and I just wipe some water on the hot parts. Artificial sweat.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #18453 on: August 03, 2014, 12:14:01 am »

You have tried immersing the whole laptop in Fluorinert, right?

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: August 03, 2014, 12:29:51 am »

Stop it, guys! It's really not fun, balancing your laptop to stay between 90-105 degrees Celsius every day... :(

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: August 03, 2014, 12:39:49 am »

Stop it, guys! It's really not fun, balancing your laptop to stay between 90-105 degrees Celsius every day... :(
Aww, but I like playing Laptop Hot Potato.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: August 03, 2014, 02:42:16 am »

I joined the SuperBadass server. It was completely empty; I was the only one online. Spent ten minutes wandering before my computer overheated and crashed. Second time this week. : (

Come on, big paychecks... I need a new computer......
Huh... That sucks. Guess that server died.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18457 on: August 03, 2014, 04:05:02 am »

I joined the SuperBadass server. It was completely empty; I was the only one online. Spent ten minutes wandering before my computer overheated and crashed. Second time this week. : (

Come on, big paychecks... I need a new computer......
Huh... That sucks. Guess that server died.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to find an abandoned server, as long as it's consistently up. That way my mom and I could play in peace without worrying about a lot of other people hanging around causing trouble. Also, it could have just been empty due to the time of day. I often find the internet fairly empty when I'm online due to time zones and whatnot.

Anyway, I can't play multiplayer until I can find a way to keep my computer from overheating and shutting down. I've moved that topic down to the life advice board in the computer advice thread. It seems I probably need someone to replace the thermal paste. I'm working on it. It's very frustrating. Also a little nerve racking, constantly afraid that the computer will shut down, damage the hardware, and I'll lose whatever I'm working on.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: August 03, 2014, 07:07:15 am »

Of course there is always liquid cooling, you know oil doesn't conduce electricity, you just dump your whole pc into some lvegetable oil and bamm, everythings, cool....
However the acidity of the oil would eventually corrode parts, and it'll absorb moisture from the air.. and dust...
Becoming a sludgy pc destroying mess...
But in the short term, it'll be prefect!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: August 03, 2014, 07:09:39 am »

you want mineral oil

and you want to circulate it through pipes to a radiator and fan getup

but really, that'd be a jury rig and if sappho doesn't want to apply thermal paste herself i doubt she'd be interested in drilling holes through the case and adding random things to random places hoping it'll work

i'd go "sure dump it" if it wasn't a laptop there's too much potential for fuckups with them

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: August 03, 2014, 08:50:14 am »

My post wasn't meant to be taken seriously, I know Sappho's getting sick of people telling her what to do with her computer :p

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: August 03, 2014, 08:56:12 am »

this is the internet

this is serious business

go serious or disconnect from aol brom8ladsephski you're just charging up your hours

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: August 03, 2014, 12:04:17 pm »

Of course there is always liquid cooling, you know oil doesn't conduce electricity, you just dump your whole pc into some lvegetable oil and bamm, everythings, cool....
However the acidity of the oil would eventually corrode parts, and it'll absorb moisture from the air.. and dust...
Becoming a sludgy pc destroying mess...
But in the short term, it'll be prefect!

That's why I suggested Fluorinert.  Wonderful stuff.  Electrically nonconductive, nonreactive, nonflammable, vapor pressure 10 times that of water, biologically inert.... perfect.  Except for the price.

My post wasn't meant to be taken seriously, I know Sappho's getting sick of people telling her what to do with her computer :p

Yah.  I wasn't serious either.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: August 05, 2014, 03:39:51 am »

Since I'd rather not necro the Minecraft Mods thread, I have a single question:

Is there a minimap for 1.7.10? Voxelmap seems to of vanished off of the face of the planet, and Rei's isn't updated as far as I can tell.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: August 05, 2014, 02:12:26 pm »

There seems to be some sort of update in the thread:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1275219-jul-08-reis-minimap-v3-4_01?page=362

I have no idea how it was made and there's no warranty, seemed to be done for personal use by a third party. Hope it works and doesn't melt your computer.

And there's this: https://twitter.com/ReiFNSK/status/417514855155785730
(1.7.2)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:15:12 pm by Sergius »
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 1380