Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424657 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18435 on: August 01, 2014, 01:36:52 pm »

Fair enough. I shall look forward to it.

Also, I've been meaning to ask, are there any active Bay12 servers I could play on? I will need to find a persistent server to use with my mother, since we're 6 hours apart. Sorry, I'm sure there's a list somewhere, but this thread is just massive and terrifying!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18436 on: August 01, 2014, 01:39:06 pm »

From my experience, Bay 12 servers tend to die horribly. I think Forsaken has one up still, at least.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18437 on: August 01, 2014, 01:51:17 pm »

Hm... In that case, can anyone recommend a good, stable dedicated server that's not overcrowded? I know they have those "realms" things now.

I had assumed that Bay12 folks would have their own massive dedicated high-powered server filled with dwarfish mountainhomes. I was wrong!! That does happen from time to time.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18438 on: August 01, 2014, 01:55:17 pm »

From my experience, Bay 12 servers tend to die horribly. I think Forsaken has one up still, at least.
Less die horribly and more just fade out in the case of mine.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18439 on: August 01, 2014, 01:57:02 pm »

I've sent a message to Forsaken, hoping his is still up and running. If not, I'll just have to find a public one... But I'm afraid of griefing. : (

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18440 on: August 01, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »

Less die horribly and more just fade out in the case of mine.
Lack of maintenance is a horrible death indeed.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18441 on: August 01, 2014, 02:13:13 pm »

Forsaken mostly runs heavily modded servers afaik.

I can recommend the superbadass servers. They're freebuild servers that I used to play on, and they're pretty good. Doubt you'll have to be afraid of griefing there. After you're played a while you can become "trusted" which just means you get a few more commands (/sethome and /home, I think.)

It may be different now, though. It's been two years or so since I played there, so things may have changed.
Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/archive/minecraft-survival-servers/1067353-superbadass-multiworld-30-slots-24-7-bukkit

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18442 on: August 01, 2014, 02:28:25 pm »

Forsaken does have a vanilla server.

Also, I strongly recommend updating to the newest snapshot. It's not very buggy, and there's an absurd (some people have double to quadruple FPS) performance boost. You'll need to suffer through a few minor bugs, but it is very much worth it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:33:17 pm by Elephant Parade »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18443 on: August 01, 2014, 02:43:31 pm »

I joined the SuperBadass server. It was completely empty; I was the only one online. Spent ten minutes wandering before my computer overheated and crashed. Second time this week. : (

Come on, big paychecks... I need a new computer......

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18444 on: August 01, 2014, 02:45:30 pm »

I joined the SuperBadass server. It was completely empty; I was the only one online. Spent ten minutes wandering before my computer overheated and crashed. Second time this week. : (

Come on, big paychecks... I need a new computer......
I suggest using a desktop so additional cooling can be installed :P.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18445 on: August 01, 2014, 03:22:07 pm »

I will most certainly be getting a desktop. Just a few more months... : /

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18446 on: August 01, 2014, 05:15:17 pm »

Have you tried putting a fan under it in the meantime? (or wherever the vents are)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18447 on: August 01, 2014, 05:22:19 pm »

I've already spent about a year trying different ways to keep the computer cool, but it all comes down to the fact that the computer is a pile of garbage. I'm buying a new one in two or three months. I'm not going to invest anymore in this piece of crap.

My current setup is this:

1. overturned cardboard box (about 6 in. high) on top of wooden desk (has holes in it, air passes freely through the box)
2. cooling pad on top of cardboard box, with USB-powered fan
3. 4 small empty tomato paste cans on the corners of the cooling pad, taped down
4. laptop perched atop the cans (using blue tack to hold it in place) with a good 2 in. of space underneath for air to circulate

If I put my hand under the computer, it's cold. Even the bottom surface of the computer is cold, even when the machine is overheating. The heat comes off the top. If I touch the top of the keyboard area (I use a USB keyboard now so I don't have to do this), it burns my hand if I'm running a game. It's not even hot in my apartment.

I'm done trying to fix this thing. It is not worth fixing. I am buying a new computer. I actually find it kind of amusing that every time I mention an overheating computer anywhere on B12, several people immediately start trying to fix the problem, skipping over the part where I've had my fill of wrestling with this thing and have already decided to buy a new one soon. : ) I'm getting a desktop this time. One with good reviews, designed for gaming. I'm looking forward to it.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18448 on: August 01, 2014, 07:44:05 pm »

Have you tried taking it to your local wind tunnel?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18449 on: August 01, 2014, 11:54:43 pm »

I hear they're setting up a wind tunnel in Antarctica. Trying to make penguins fly or whatever. You should try there!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 1380