Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424809 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18375 on: June 16, 2014, 10:28:47 pm »

Premade packs have the advantage of being easier to set up and join.

Custom packs have the advantage of not having as many unexpected complications.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18376 on: June 16, 2014, 10:33:16 pm »

Personally, i prefer a little the premade, older ones though. THe tested ones where the configs are already set up well anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18377 on: June 16, 2014, 10:37:51 pm »

Witchery seem to be quite interesting, don't know much about Blood Magic tough.
It involves lots of expensive rituals and blood sacrifice, and is generally a bit dangerous, but with effort you can get some pretty cool demon-certified magic items, including a blood-powered orb of destruction.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18378 on: June 16, 2014, 10:44:51 pm »

Also, thoughts on just running a premade pack, or only custom?
Honestly, the list is more for myself than anything. I took a look at ftb monster among other things and (after being amazed it actually loaded 180ish mods without optifine nor crashing) then closed minecraft because I had no idea what half of the stuff I'd just loaded was. I certainly would prefer a premade pack for the simplicity and the configs, but I'm not exactly sure I'd need such an impressive amount of moddage. (also performance concerns, etc.)

Any word on mekanism or roterycraft?
Not exactly sure what you mean there, if that was aimed at me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18379 on: June 16, 2014, 10:46:59 pm »

both are mods, that are machine based. mekanism adds one custom ore (osmium, maybe others, only played in packs) and eventually, at late game, you can 4x ores. roaterycraft i like since never explored it, all torque and turning cranks and such. also, every late game ore 5xing

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18380 on: June 16, 2014, 10:56:24 pm »

I already knew they were mods :)
And rotarycraft videos are what interested me in this current mc mods excursion through the wikis and threads in the first place.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18381 on: June 16, 2014, 11:01:50 pm »

if you add roaterycraft, may i request it's modmods two, reactorcraft and electricraft (and maybe one more i forget) form the same maker?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18382 on: June 16, 2014, 11:05:11 pm »

This is the whole reason I linked that list in the first place. Things on there I'm probably going to use if I end up making a custom pack. (otherwise its just a decent reference for me of what i've looked at the thread/wiki of and saw interesting.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18383 on: June 16, 2014, 11:06:00 pm »

OH. color me a derp then XD

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18384 on: June 21, 2014, 11:42:31 pm »

Question, is there currently any way to download a map from a server without having to have it sent to you in an email or something? Or is there a plugin for the current version to so that?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18385 on: June 21, 2014, 11:46:02 pm »

iirc there is a mod that downloads parts of the server you've been to. So if you canvass the entire server you'd get the world map!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18386 on: June 21, 2014, 11:55:22 pm »

thats cool! I'm really only interested in the build im currently working on so that actually might work out nicely! Do you remember the name or anything about it?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18387 on: June 22, 2014, 07:28:56 am »

thats cool! I'm really only interested in the build im currently working on so that actually might work out nicely! Do you remember the name or anything about it?

I've been using JourneyMap; requires Forge, has 1.6.4 and 1.7.2 versions, but nothing newer than that yet.  It's really useful to be able to export the map to an image file, to more easily park that on a second screen or share with others.

I've been using mod version 3.3.2, it's been behaving for me...  but they did just release 4.0 last week.  No idea how stable the new one will be.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18388 on: June 22, 2014, 01:08:10 pm »

I just replaced the thermal compound on my aging early 2012 notebook, now it's running at average 70 degrees with about double the framerate I was getting.
I was worrying that i might need to lay off the minecraft, since the regular spikes above 90 degrees were starting to cause BSODs. Has anyone else here got a problem with their mobile GPU absolutely refusing to devote any time to minecraft because of it being java?
I'm not finished though, It still gets damn hot with KSP so I'll be installing a couple of small fans into spaces I found while i had it apart.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18389 on: June 22, 2014, 04:38:11 pm »

Has anyone experienced the new snapshot stuff yet? I haven't gotten around to checking it out, but more ocean stuff is always cool even if it's not the type of ocean stuff I'd like most (actual animals, plants, and so on).
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 1224 1225 [1226] 1227 1228 ... 1380