Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424985 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18330 on: May 04, 2014, 11:56:05 am »

I have accomplished two Minecraft things in the last 24 hours. One is a new skin (after using a kind of shitty old one for two whole years) based on an idealized version of myself, and the other is a WIP big-ass mansion. I'll take some pictures once I get parts of it more finished.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18331 on: May 04, 2014, 03:27:22 pm »

Sweet work, Japa. Nothing like turning MC into a DF visualizer.

So, how's the work on the Official Bay12 Server coming, whoever's-working-on-it? I'm still not sure who's running it. :P

MODIFY: I have been overtaken by an urge to make an ASCII tileset for Minecraft to play DorfCraft.

*Tawarochir works furiously
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:46:01 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18332 on: May 04, 2014, 04:57:11 pm »

Use a massive redstone system to make a functioning game.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18333 on: May 04, 2014, 07:27:02 pm »

Once I have all needed settings configurable, I'll make a public release. Likely tomorrow.

Awesome I am excited!  Once 1.8 rolls out, we should definitely make a server.

Interesting idea though... would it be possible to make evil area's permanently shrouded in darkness in MC, so mobs would constantly spawn on the surface at them?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18334 on: May 04, 2014, 07:59:13 pm »

Once I have all needed settings configurable, I'll make a public release. Likely tomorrow.

Awesome I am excited!  Once 1.8 rolls out, we should definitely make a server.

Interesting idea though... would it be possible to make evil area's permanently shrouded in darkness in MC, so mobs would constantly spawn on the surface at them?
Yes, through the magic of ceilings. Possibly water ceilings, if you want a cooler effect, since I'm pretty sure water causes sunlight to start losing light levels to distance.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18335 on: May 04, 2014, 10:19:11 pm »

The converted DF worlds look really good. Nice job!
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18336 on: May 05, 2014, 01:43:42 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8553

Here we go. First release. I'll make a proper release thread later today, but for now, this is it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #18337 on: May 05, 2014, 12:38:39 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8553

Here we go. First release. I'll make a proper release thread later today, but for now, this is it.

Nice! I'll have to try this out. Been a while since I did anything with minecraft. This seems a good a reason as any.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18338 on: May 05, 2014, 01:24:40 pm »

One note: you might want to generate using a Pocket sized world. It takes 5 minutes for a pocket world. Surely a full-sized one would take much, much more.

(I totally propose threading as a solution, but I realized that the newish Anvil format means you really can't do IO on multiple files. If it's the chunk-constructing logic that's taking the longest, threading would definitrly help, along with an IO queue.)

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18339 on: May 05, 2014, 11:24:31 pm »

It depends on your processor. It takes me 2 minutes for a pocket world, and 4 hours for a medium.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:34:21 pm by Japa »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18341 on: May 08, 2014, 08:42:28 pm »

It depends on your processor. It takes me 2 minutes for a pocket world, and 4 hours for a medium.

Only took a few minutes for me to gen a Small world. Haven't tried a Medium yet, but I might do that later.

How do you set it to generate a Survival world? I'm not quite clear by what you mean to use a different World.Dat file...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18342 on: May 08, 2014, 10:13:15 pm »

I believe Japa meant post-generation.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18343 on: May 08, 2014, 11:22:22 pm »

I believe Japa meant post-generation.
If you want to change the game mode, either type /gamemode 0 (if cheats are enabled) or open to LAN with enabled cheats and type /gamemode 0.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18344 on: May 08, 2014, 11:36:26 pm »

Yeah, I was just curious if it could be generated in Survival mode instead.

Also, is it possible to use this in conjunction with FTB or other mods? Or does it only work with vanilla world gen?
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 1380