Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1217 1218 [1219] 1220 1221 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425097 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18270 on: March 30, 2014, 12:18:20 am »

So basically the consensus here is "just go buy one of those cards" :P

I'll look into that.

Wonder if they have it at Giant Eagle? Probably not. Goddamn, it sucks that I coulda checked that earlier today but I was so tired that I just slept in the van while mom bought the groceries.
The cards are currently only available in America, if I remember correctly. If you live elsewhere, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18271 on: March 30, 2014, 02:14:07 am »

So basically the consensus here is "just go buy one of those cards" :P

I'll look into that.

Wonder if they have it at Giant Eagle? Probably not. Goddamn, it sucks that I coulda checked that earlier today but I was so tired that I just slept in the van while mom bought the groceries.
The cards are currently only available in America, if I remember correctly. If you live elsewhere, I'm afraid you're out of luck.
I do indeed live in America :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18272 on: April 08, 2014, 07:54:08 am »

Gah its been a while since I tried to create a simple server for me and friends to play on. I can't get my head around this new system they had made sometimes...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18273 on: April 08, 2014, 09:23:49 am »

Well, I made an aqueduct thing.

It didn't turn out as well as I hoped, though ;(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #18274 on: April 08, 2014, 11:03:22 am »

Impressive looking, though!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #18275 on: April 30, 2014, 08:14:05 pm »

As of Snapshot 14w18a slime blocks when pushed by pistons now pull other blocks with them. This in momentous as not only does this mean that self motile machines are possible but a number of other really awesome things like better doors and machines that use less pistons. Here I have a shortish video where I made a machine that moves and is powered by a sheep. For a good indepth view of what this does check Docm's video about it here.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18276 on: April 30, 2014, 08:58:39 pm »

As of Snapshot 14w18a slime blocks when pushed by pistons now pull other blocks with them. This in momentous as not only does this mean that self motile machines are possible but a number of other really awesome things like better doors and machines that use less pistons. Here I have a shortish video where I made a machine that moves and is powered by a sheep. For a good indepth view of what this does check Docm's video about it here.

That is AWESOME.

When that snapshot goes live, we need a dwarven invasion to make a giant flying machine.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18277 on: April 30, 2014, 09:28:47 pm »

Does anyone know a map with various ruins smattered across it? I want a map where I can reclaim forts, towns and stuff, but the only one I can find is pretty much 'Eldaria island terrain + a couple of ruins'

I'm playing 1.7.2, but here's my private world:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That shows (-2000, 2000) to (2000, 2000). Seed shown in upper left.

* 23 villages
 * 16 temples
 * 4 witchhuts

Dungeons and nether fortresses not shown in the image. There are also two abandoned mineshafts within ~500 of spawn and a very convenient sketelon spawner within 100 of (0,0)

Also, here are a few random useful locations from my notes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/626786-v36-amidst-strongholds-village-biome-etc-finder-174/

Note that amidst shows places where structures are assigned to be generated. It doesn't confirm that they're actually generated. In my experience about one in five assigned structures don't actually get generated because of terrain issues. For example, the witch hut shown directly north of spawn fails to generate.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18278 on: May 01, 2014, 02:02:41 am »

I think he doesn't mean structures by 'ruins and fortresses'...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18279 on: May 01, 2014, 03:35:33 pm »

Bay12 wouldn't happen to have an official server, would it?

Just wonderin'.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18280 on: May 01, 2014, 03:36:43 pm »

Bay12 wouldn't happen to have an official server, would it?

Just wonderin'.
Odd you say that. I've been thinking of doing a bay12 vanilla server again just to keep up for those who dislike the heavily modded scene.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18281 on: May 01, 2014, 03:39:37 pm »

AW YEAH

'Cause I don't like mods and it's hard as heck to find a decent vanilla (-ish) server where half the people aren't idiots who grief the smallest out-of-place dirt block, 25% are flailing noobs begging for crap, 15% are trolls come to shout "THIS SERVER SUX" over and over and over, and the remaining 10% are actually half decent.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:44:37 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18282 on: May 01, 2014, 03:41:38 pm »

If I can get Minecraft working again, I would surely join. I need to practice my duck building skills.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18283 on: May 01, 2014, 03:44:18 pm »

Time to form a union?

I got dibs on sheep farm in desert. Dem desert cities with Arabic tents look cool as heck, especially with subtle redstone for lighting.

Make sure you leave it open with a wool smash-down door and keep torches handy.

...You know what, it's Rhuidean time.

Spooce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18284 on: May 02, 2014, 08:36:38 pm »

Please, hook us up with a Vanilla server. I'd love to play with you all.
Pages: 1 ... 1217 1218 [1219] 1220 1221 ... 1380