Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425112 times)

SphincterFailure

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18255 on: March 14, 2014, 09:19:26 pm »

Not sure what mod loader is popular these days, but wanted to plug a Forge mod I made http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?topic=10711.0 that allows XMPP clients to chat with users in game. I haven't gotten much feedback but was thinking of maybe adding additional features if their was sufficient interest.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #18256 on: March 25, 2014, 10:03:37 pm »

Have they changed the networking code significantly since the full release? I'm wondering what the maximum range for servers is--last time I played, Korea <->Australia was sometimes playable, but that was it. US or Eur servers were impossible to play on :v

I have access to a fairly strong server soon, see. but I don't have people with to nor time to play anyways ;__;

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: March 28, 2014, 08:23:11 am »

HOW THE FUCK DO I BUY THIS??

I keep trying to get to the actual "buy the goddamn game" point, but it just refuses to recognize that I'm logged in. I click "buy Minecraft" and it has me enter my email and password, which I do, and then it TAKES ME TO MY ACCOUNT SETTINGS WHAT THE FUCK YOU BROKEN ASS SHIT. I'M JUST TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY! WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT??
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: March 28, 2014, 12:20:59 pm »

Maybe try going to the website? If you're already on the website and you can't find where to buy the game I'm afraid I can't be of any help. I bought it a long ass-time ago.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: March 28, 2014, 12:47:49 pm »

Are there any good servers up that I could join?  It's lonely to mess around by myself.  Hopefully one with redstone fun.

I probably will hop on auers flatland server, sounds interesting.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: March 28, 2014, 12:48:28 pm »

Login, go to front page, buy game?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: March 28, 2014, 01:57:37 pm »

Maybe try going to the website? If you're already on the website and you can't find where to buy the game I'm afraid I can't be of any help. I bought it a long ass-time ago.
Login, go to front page, buy game?

That's exactly what I did, and the site just keeps taking me to my mojang account settings. It outright refuses to give me a purchase page. Its asked for my credit card info IN MY SETTINGS, but doesn't seem to let me actually USE IT.

Indeed, I do this.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18262 on: March 28, 2014, 05:35:51 pm »

Have you tried ... digging deeper? You may need to get crafty.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: March 28, 2014, 06:25:32 pm »

Try deleting the cookies, maybe.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: March 28, 2014, 10:47:33 pm »

Try starting your browser in safe mode.  You might have a rogue add-on installed.

If that works, call your credit card company and ask for a new card number.  Tell them you might've been hacked and your info stolen, they'll change it for free.  Also disinfect your browser.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: March 29, 2014, 12:16:44 am »

Try starting your browser in safe mode.  You might have a rogue add-on installed.

If that works, call your credit card company and ask for a new card number.  Tell them you might've been hacked and your info stolen, they'll change it for free.  Also disinfect your browser.
Well I didn't actually enter any card information, seeing as it was obviously the wrong place in which to enter said information.

Indeed, I do this.

March

• Bay Watcher
  • undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #18266 on: March 29, 2014, 09:52:03 am »

Why not just go to any of the offline stores that sell minecraft cards... they are common as dirt, and buy one. That's how I had to buy it, the mojang site is stupidly dumb for anything but changing your multiplayer skin.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: March 29, 2014, 11:57:41 am »

I just did a run test to see whether or not I could buy the game easily on minecraft.net. And it was weird...
I had to login on minecraft.net (the login link at the top-right), and not directly in the store, and without checking "remember me", and then it worked and I could buy the game...
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #18268 on: March 29, 2014, 03:07:41 pm »

Well I didn't actually enter any card information, seeing as it was obviously the wrong place in which to enter said information.

Well, that's smart of you.  Good sense.

But still, if a web page containing the words "credit card" is behaving oddly, your browser may well have malware installed.  Seriously, at least check it out.  It'll take you just two minutes to do a safe-mode browser test.  (With Firefox, you do have to shut down your current session.  Stupid of them.)

Maybe I'm being too suspicious here... I hope so.

I just did a run test to see whether or not I could buy the game easily on minecraft.net. And it was weird...
I had to login on minecraft.net (the login link at the top-right), and not directly in the store, and without checking "remember me", and then it worked and I could buy the game...

I can't speak to this.  I bought through the website, but it was years ago, back when Alpha was ending.

It's hard for me to believe that their website really works so weirdly, but then I remember that Mojang doesn't really have their act together.  Things just are not seamless.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: March 29, 2014, 08:40:19 pm »

So basically the consensus here is "just go buy one of those cards" :P

I'll look into that.

Wonder if they have it at Giant Eagle? Probably not. Goddamn, it sucks that I coulda checked that earlier today but I was so tired that I just slept in the van while mom bought the groceries.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 1380