Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1214 1215 [1216] 1217 1218 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425222 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18225 on: February 07, 2014, 07:12:44 pm »

Ooh, nice. I missed that series.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18226 on: February 07, 2014, 09:31:06 pm »

Well, looks like the D20 modpack was changed too much since I last used it. I used to be able to use it multiplayer with some memory to spare. Now I run out of memory on the title screen.
Tis what happens when you take a poorly-optimized game and strap 130 mods to it.
Hah! I have 203 mods.

In the Resonant Rise modpack I use, anyway. Very Bad Things happen if I try to go to the Twilight Forest without fast graphics turned on.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18227 on: February 08, 2014, 05:50:05 pm »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18228 on: February 08, 2014, 11:27:00 pm »

Hopefully we'll have figured out how to create shit from nothing by then and stave off the heat death of the universe by infinity.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18229 on: February 08, 2014, 11:28:49 pm »

Next I'm going to have to figure out how to use hoppers and redstone to make an implementation of the Ackermann function.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18230 on: February 09, 2014, 11:41:23 am »

Hopefully we'll have figured out how to create shit from nothing by then and stave off the heat death of the universe by infinity.
Well, we'd still have to deal with the universe tearing itself apart.

Alternate universes?

THERE IS INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

LET THERE BE LIGHT.

Of course, in that case one has what is basically "magic" under the guise of hyperspace and something 'neither matter nor energy' and so conveniently is not subject to classical entropy.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18231 on: February 15, 2014, 04:06:05 pm »

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18232 on: February 15, 2014, 04:54:25 pm »

I think it's amazing testament to the longevity and genius of this forum that there has literally been a single Minecraft thread here since before maybe 99% of current players knew it existed :P
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18233 on: February 15, 2014, 04:55:32 pm »

I think it's amazing testament to the longevity and genius of this forum that there has literally been a single Minecraft thread here since before maybe 99.99% of current players knew it existed :P

EDIT: Actually looking at the numbers again, I think it's safe to say that it's more like 99.99999%.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 04:58:14 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18234 on: February 15, 2014, 05:19:15 pm »

I heard of Minecraft during its early releases, too. I didn't particularly care much about it back then though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18235 on: February 15, 2014, 05:24:56 pm »

I heard of Minecraft during its early releases, too. I didn't particularly care much about it back then though.
I first found it in very early 2010, by which point it was decidedly making itself known, but it wasn't a big thing. I remember telling two of my friends about it back then, and they were all like "This sucks". Now they both seem to be obsessed with it. Funny how that turns out.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18236 on: February 15, 2014, 05:30:38 pm »

Gaaaaaah!

Mind crack survival games are annoying ::)

I try to play stealthy: Dead

I try to play Zerg rush mode: Dead

Hell I tried to just throw enchantment books at people: Dead without a second thought.

And here I thought it'd be more than a deathmatch ::)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18237 on: February 15, 2014, 05:39:21 pm »

I first found it in very early 2010, by which point it was decidedly making itself known, but it wasn't a big thing. I remember telling two of my friends about it back then, and they were all like "This sucks". Now they both seem to be obsessed with it. Funny how that turns out.
It was pretty shitty back then, so I'm not surprised.
I thought it was pretty sucky too until survival mode became a thing.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18238 on: February 15, 2014, 06:17:10 pm »

It was pretty shitty back then, so I'm not surprised.
I thought it was pretty sucky too until survival mode became a thing.

December 2010 here. To think I used to believe Minecraft was big back then. Now it's completely oversaturated the gaming culture.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #18239 on: February 15, 2014, 06:36:31 pm »

Eh, building games tend to be very popular, Lego would be a historical evidence that we're really obsessed with building things.

The problem is those kind of game are hard to get right.

Pages: 1 ... 1214 1215 [1216] 1217 1218 ... 1380