Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425187 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18210 on: January 29, 2014, 11:01:52 am »

wanting on then? oh, an feed the best launcher is what we use.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: January 29, 2014, 11:17:01 am »

wanting on then? oh, an feed the best launcher is what we use.
Yep. IIRC, Forsaken used to have an FTB server.
Pst. If you ever feel like playing vanilla, you should join the dwarven fortress on MCPublic.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: January 29, 2014, 11:30:47 am »

Hey if there are any minecraft servers bay12 members are running, I'd like to set up a site so people can tell which ones are running. I just did one for StarBound: http://pc.lanimals.com/starbound/

PM me if you want me to do one for Minecraft; I'll probably wait for 2 or 3 requests, but maybe not.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18213 on: January 29, 2014, 11:59:19 am »

ip sent to the two who asked

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18214 on: January 29, 2014, 12:03:56 pm »

Im also wondering if any B12 servers out there, im getting pretty sick of most public servers being full of kids and their teenie dramas BS, makes me feel embarrassed to even be there.

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18215 on: January 29, 2014, 12:06:02 pm »

i know some respectable servers well at least their forums are :P
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: January 29, 2014, 12:26:15 pm »

Ah sweet, where are they lol?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: January 29, 2014, 02:56:32 pm »

Well, looks like the D20 modpack was changed too much since I last used it. I used to be able to use it multiplayer with some memory to spare. Now I run out of memory on the title screen.
Tis what happens when you take a poorly-optimized game and strap 130 mods to it.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18218 on: January 29, 2014, 02:59:52 pm »

Well, looks like the D20 modpack was changed too much since I last used it. I used to be able to use it multiplayer with some memory to spare. Now I run out of memory on the title screen.
was just chating with my server running friend. are you uing 64 bit java (if applicable?)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #18219 on: January 29, 2014, 03:37:10 pm »

was just chating with my server running friend. are you uing 64 bit java (if applicable?)
I have 2 gigs of hard drive, and a 32-bit OS. It's both incompatible and useless.
then they're right,
Tis what happens when you take a poorly-optimized game and strap 130 mods to it.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: January 31, 2014, 11:40:29 am »

I just saw this and thought someone here, beside me, could find it useful:
Spoiler: Efficient Mass Storage (click to show/hide)
Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1wl97j/kastrel_from_minecraftforumsnet_shows_us_an/
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: January 31, 2014, 12:12:20 pm »

I do something similar, but with columns of chests and stairs with signs instead of chequered. Find it easier to scan over and find what I'm looking for that way.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 12:13:52 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: January 31, 2014, 12:28:59 pm »

I follow the Coean Rack-based Storage System.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: January 31, 2014, 04:46:06 pm »

Also furnaces instead of floor and ceiling, with workbenches scattered so you don't have to walk there.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: January 31, 2014, 09:13:07 pm »

Efficient Mass Storage

Double the chests, Half the space!

That's more complicated and less space-efficient than simply stacking chests next to trapped chests. And by building as high as he is you'd probably need to jump to reach the topmost chests. You definitely would need to jump to reach the topmost layer of signs.

I do this:

The topmost layer of sign is 3.5 blocks above the floor instead of 6 like in Kestrel's design. That means that all three vertical layers of chests are easily accessible from the floor, and so are the signs. The signs have enough vertical space on them to give a separate label for each chest, and in cases where you want multiple chests storing the same thing (very common) you only need one label.  For example, the left-most column of chests are all designated for sand. There's no need to have three signs for that. Columns of chests that each have different things are simply labeled with one label per row on a single signs. For example, the fourth column from the left has from top to bottom: cobblestone, smoothstone, stone bricks. And with one third a many signs, and no redundant labels for chests that hold the same thing that means much less visually scanning around for the chest you want.

The wall behind the chests is made of jack o' lanterns, which generate more light and don't require an extra tile of depth or wasted space like torches do. It's also way more space efficient. Including the wall, Kastrel's "mass" storage system fits 23 double chests in a 9x5x3 space. Simpy stack the chests and you'll fit 27 double chests in a slightly smaller 9x4x3 space and without having to jump to reach the top or craft a bunch of stairs and way fewer signs.

Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 1380