Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425505 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18105 on: October 01, 2013, 09:46:09 pm »

Huh. Can you guys connect to each other outside of minecraft? Like, can you ping your friend's internal/local ip and vica versa? What about other LAN games?

Weird network problems just get me all tingly inside.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18106 on: October 02, 2013, 04:05:04 pm »

I had the same problem before, and I just used Hamachi and it worked.. Of course, totally a possibility that my problem was slightly different from yours.
I once had that problem and fixed it by turning Hamachi off. So...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #18107 on: October 02, 2013, 05:15:23 pm »

The troubleshooting process sometimes just involves trying something and seeing if it works.

Hope you get it working man.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18108 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:18 pm »

This is getting to be crazy stupid. I have hamachi set up, two computers on the same desk...it just doesn't want to work. It's not timing out, they clearly see each other. I've even got a standalone minecraft server up and running on one machine and the other shows it as a valid online server, it even reports 0/20 users and gives me connection speed...I click join server, and watch the log on the server instantly acknowledge the connection attempt...then it fails with the same error message.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18109 on: October 03, 2013, 05:30:36 am »

Hamachi fakes (creates) a new ip.
That can break otherwise valid connections.

Either that or you need to add 25565 to your ip.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:11:32 am by eerr »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18110 on: October 12, 2013, 07:43:03 pm »

I figured I should post here about Dwarven Invaders, since it's in Play With Your Buddies, and thus Minecraft players who only watch Other Games might not notice it. Basically, it's a Bay12 attempt to set up a colony on a server. We're going with an anarchy server; this means no land protection, so we can raid any bases we find. Me, SealyStar, and WagaFett have worked together to set up a temporary base, but we plan to go farther from spawn before we set up a full one.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 07:48:03 pm by Elephant Parade »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18111 on: October 13, 2013, 06:19:50 pm »

Ok, this ticks me off. The hacksaw that used to be in redpower got replaced with another type. The problem? The covers made from it don't actually cover redstone. I could understand if this was another mod, but this is vanilla and the old covers did this fine. Now I find that I cannot hide redstone in walls, which really screws with my designs.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18112 on: October 13, 2013, 06:57:19 pm »

Ok, this ticks me off. The hacksaw that used to be in redpower got replaced with another type. The problem? The covers made from it don't actually cover redstone. I could understand if this was another mod, but this is vanilla and the old covers did this fine. Now I find that I cannot hide redstone in walls, which really screws with my designs.

RedPower is dead. There's a few replacements for the covers and stuff - immibis' microblocks plays nice with most everything, while Forge Multipart only makes microblocks from vanilla blocks in 1.5.2

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18113 on: October 13, 2013, 10:59:05 pm »

Started construction on a city I will populate with NPCs using custom npcs:

Spoiler: WARNING: PICTURE DUMP (click to show/hide)

what do you guys think, its really just proof of concept at this point.

That big hill where the lava is is where the big castle will go, the island with buildings will fill out, and different kinds of areas will pop up in terms of rich/poor looking places, and of course the walls will be given a nicer finish!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18114 on: October 13, 2013, 11:11:40 pm »

Go a bit easier on the cobble. Mix it up with stone bricks, and other blocks. Off the top of my head, I recommend:
-The different types of stone bricks.
-Mossy Cobblestone.
-Stone
-Mod stones; you're already using one mod, so not much reason to avoid using more.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18115 on: October 14, 2013, 05:25:34 am »

Not bad, but with the walls, you may want to consider adding both enlarged footings and overhanging battlements. They'll both look better/more realistic, and serve a practical purpose (stopping spiders from scaling the walls, or provide cover if there's a skele or two below).
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18116 on: October 14, 2013, 06:10:04 am »

Not bad, but with the walls, you may want to consider adding both enlarged footings and overhanging battlements. They'll both look better/more realistic, and serve a practical purpose (stopping spiders from scaling the walls, or provide cover if there's a skele or two below).

Overhanging walls are generally awesome for defence. Spiders is one thing, but there's also SMP - an overhang, or a cascade of overhangs, makes the wall much much harder to scale with a simple dirt tower, plus you can add a trapdoor in the floor to allow you to shoot arrows or, with an additional block beneath the trapdoor, pour lava on anything that dares to attack you.

But, I got a bit sidetracked: the church is really cool. I suggest you use wooden or brick roofing on the houses, though (or straw! Realism!)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18117 on: October 14, 2013, 08:25:44 am »

well this is being built in single player, so all the looks will be 90% aesthetic!

also, i'll start fancifyin' the walls right now, and ill show some progress pics soon.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18118 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:53 am »

well this is being built in single player, so all the looks will be 90% aesthetic!

also, i'll start fancifyin' the walls right now, and ill show some progress pics soon.
My thoughts:

1. Use brick or something instead of cobble.
2. Take pictures during the day. Seriously.
3. Where were you when I was trying to do a group building server?

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18119 on: October 14, 2013, 09:14:28 am »

I think you should diversify your building blocks.
*For example you could add more unprocessed wood for wall support.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1206 1207 [1208] 1209 1210 ... 1380