Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425897 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17940 on: July 20, 2013, 07:44:00 pm »

1: There is already a DF mod in progress. I found it on Minecraft Forum a while ago, so I don't know if it's still being developed.
2: Are there any good Bay12 servers? I requested a whitelist for Silverstar, but I've been waiting for a day now and I'm getting bored.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: July 20, 2013, 07:45:21 pm »

I tried to start a modded server once, but no one was really interested. It would be nice if we had more servers.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17942 on: July 21, 2013, 02:48:08 pm »

I prefer vanilla servers (as in Survival without lots of shops and commands and stuff, not free-to-play Creative) myself. However, there are some mods I like.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: July 21, 2013, 03:01:59 pm »

1: There is already a DF mod in progress. I found it on Minecraft Forum a while ago, so I don't know if it's still being developed.

coughplayTerraFirmaCraftcough
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17944 on: July 22, 2013, 08:29:53 pm »

Notch just tweeted to tell everyone to play Dwarf Fortress.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17945 on: July 22, 2013, 09:36:46 pm »

IDE: Markus wants the entire fanbase kept busy for a few weeks for reasons.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: July 22, 2013, 10:15:00 pm »

What reasons? I am curious about these reasons.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17947 on: July 23, 2013, 02:40:04 am »

Oh NO!!! Soon the forums will be filled with the vile scum of the Minecraft Community... We had nice things here for a while T_T
I will be setting up a safe camp for us true Bay12ers to retreat to in case the Mass of Scum becomes too much for anyone to handle. We shall set up traps and countless other things to keep us safe...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17948 on: July 23, 2013, 04:40:35 am »

Oh NO!!! Soon the forums will be filled with the vile scum of the Minecraft Community... We had nice things here for a while T_T
I will be setting up a safe camp for us true Bay12ers to retreat to in case the Mass of Scum becomes too much for anyone to handle. We shall set up traps and countless other things to keep us safe...
Nah, the dickery over there only happens because the moderators facilitate it.
I mean, over here, if someone were to get pissy because someone else's mod used a body template they did or something and they complained to Toady "He copied my mod my copyrights win make him stop", Toady would just tell them that they have no right to stop the other person; and then drop the whole thing.
On the MC forums you can actually get permanently banned for using part of someone else's mod.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: July 23, 2013, 05:04:35 am »

Nah, the dickery over there only happens because the moderators facilitate it.
I mean, over here, if someone were to get pissy because someone else's mod used a body template they did or something and they complained to Toady "He copied my mod my copyrights win make him stop", Toady would just tell them that they have no right to stop the other person; and then drop the whole thing.
On the MC forums you can actually get permanently banned for using part of someone else's mod.

Puh-leaze. Dwarf Fortress is notorious for its turnover rate, so the worst demographic of Minecraft kiddies will be filtered out pretty quickly, and I think that not that much of Minecraft Community follows Notch's Twitter anymore ever since he moved onto next projects; in fact, the homepage of Minecraft Forums used to have Notch's Twitter feed, but ever since it'd been replaced with Jeb's.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17950 on: July 24, 2013, 02:30:14 pm »

Dwarf Fortress has long had a very good community, and what has made this community great is the acceptance and assistance with which it greets new players. We help newbies, and they help us by (often enough) donating to Toady One.

Notch giving us a shout out is great- we get new players, (who more or less sort themselves out- you need to be kind of patient to stick around long enough to really learn DF, so the bad ones leave in a week or less), and Toady One gets more cash, which in turn becomes more features for DF.

So I'm happy.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: July 24, 2013, 02:54:01 pm »

So I was damned late to the party and finally splurged on buying this along with a gift copy for someone in the IRC.  Been tooling around with it for a few days now.

Still just working with vanilla for the moment, but gotten reasonably far.  At the moment I'm just trying to find some way of making an effective iron/gold farm that doesn't take days upon days of gathering resources and then realizing you made a mistake in the design so you have to do it over again...  I actually designed a semi-effective trap mechanism for dealing with entities, I just haven't found a way of getting enough of said entities to fall into the damned thing.

So, instead, I just wait until the nearby village (which I built with my own hands and populated through a VERY tedious process that now, finally, has resulted in a somewhat decent populace) pops an iron golem, at which point I coax him into the Nether and get him to beat up pigmen for me.  The piggies drop gold, he eventually gets stomped and drops iron.  Everybody wins.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17952 on: July 24, 2013, 02:57:24 pm »

sounds usable but incredibly manual. Hit youtube and search for 'iron golem farm' for some fantastic automated vanilla designs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: July 24, 2013, 04:53:36 pm »

Yeah, I know.  Y'know what kind of resources those things need?  We're talking thousands upon thousands of blocks, not to mention clearing the space and making it out of blast-resistant blocks if it's a gold farm in the Nether, and finding some way of leading those idiot villagers around to where you need them in order to get an effective golem farm if it's an overworld iron generator.  It's a hysterical amount of work...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: July 24, 2013, 04:57:08 pm »

If you want iron, you can also make a spawn tower and kill lots and lots of zombies. If you want gold, do the same thing but with pigmen. If you build it underground, it doesn't need to be so blast resistant, and you need to clear blocks instead of placing them.
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 1380