Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425960 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17910 on: July 09, 2013, 05:51:50 pm »

Nice, thanks! Gonna go build somethin' neat later on, this is just the map for it...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17911 on: July 10, 2013, 06:34:12 am »

I wish the world generation was actually like that, so we could have decent maps instead of the current shitty worldgen, which consists of flat plains, rivers, oceans and the occasional, ugly 5-block mountain when you're in extreme hills.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17912 on: July 10, 2013, 06:58:46 am »

I wish the world generation was actually like that, so we could have decent maps instead of the current shitty worldgen, which consists of flat plains, rivers, oceans and the occasional, ugly 5-block mountain when you're in extreme hills.

Yyyyyeah. I remember ye olden timme when mountains would occur naturally and there were no Mountain biomes. Ah, the nostalgia. But then I remembered how absurdly small the biomes could get, and I feel a bit better. For a minute or two.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17913 on: July 10, 2013, 04:01:13 pm »

Does anybody else REALLY wish that minecraft's sounds files downloaded with all the other files?
*raises hand*

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17914 on: July 10, 2013, 04:02:36 pm »

Does anybody else REALLY wish that minecraft's sounds files downloaded with all the other files?
*raises hand*

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17915 on: July 10, 2013, 05:01:39 pm »

Yyyyyeah. I remember ye olden timme when mountains would occur naturally and there were no Mountain biomes. Ah, the nostalgia. But then I remembered how absurdly small the biomes could get, and I feel a bit better. For a minute or two.
Old world gen was amazing. It made geography that was both reasonable and interesting, rather than the bland uninterestingness that we get now.
In my first world I only explored something like a 10x10 chunk are but just about everywhere had a notable natural landmark.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17916 on: July 10, 2013, 05:33:04 pm »

*raises hand*
I do too...
How to fix VERY Quickly. Copy Paste from other instance of Minecraft. Easier to do if you us Launchers like MultiMC or FTB...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17917 on: July 10, 2013, 05:35:31 pm »

Really, the thing I above all else dislike about the newer Minecraft generation is the new subterranean generation. Those ravines and mines really irritate me, especially because of my tendency toward massive sprawling underground constructions.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17918 on: July 11, 2013, 07:33:57 am »

Eh, i just wall those off/over when building underground.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17919 on: July 11, 2013, 08:46:53 am »

Having to clear them and place torches or suffer through mob sound effects is a little annoying.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17920 on: July 11, 2013, 11:01:29 am »

They where interesting the first few times but after that you realize that they are just too common to be anything but a problem. If Ravines where a lot rarer, longer, and mostly connected to the surface they would be cool. If Mineshafts where a lot rarer, more sensical, and actually spawned resources into the walls so it was more worth exploring they would be cool. Make them as rare as strongholds and epic is basically my suggestion for them.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17921 on: July 11, 2013, 11:18:58 am »

Adamantine :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17922 on: July 11, 2013, 11:23:17 am »

All of the terrain generation needs to be reworked, really.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17923 on: July 11, 2013, 11:49:11 am »

Endermen are the demons, which is why they come from another dimension with eerie neon stone. Creepers are the lost souls of booze deprived miners.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17924 on: July 11, 2013, 11:51:44 am »

Endermen are the demons, which is why they come from another dimension with eerie neon stone. Creepers are the lost souls of booze deprived miners.
How does that explain the explodieness?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 1380