Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1190 1191 [1192] 1193 1194 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426009 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17865 on: May 24, 2013, 01:23:51 pm »

So, what are your guys' skins?

true story: I invited a colleague to my private server, he had the same skin.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17866 on: May 24, 2013, 01:26:46 pm »

I'm Olimar. Don't have a picture of it, though. It has a good helmet-I looked through many Olimars before deciding on one.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17867 on: May 26, 2013, 01:00:43 pm »

Soli, rocking skins as usual...  8)
I'm still using the dwarf skin Cyster made for me back at N@W. Really gotta love it...
It's hidden on my last screenshot, but I'm also still using my dwarf skin. :)
High-five.
Speaking of N@W... does anyone have any news at all? :/
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17868 on: May 27, 2013, 01:06:28 am »

What happened to that anyway? I was in pre actual start for a bit but then life happened and I never actually did it. Though I did manage to flatten a big hill in one of the test worlds where they where testing the plugins and such.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17869 on: May 28, 2013, 04:01:31 am »

I poked around on Nations at War at several points in its development cycle... a development cycle it was perpetually trapped in, where the moderators kept deleting the world as soon as players finished making some really beautiful and well-designed in-game builds. They also failed to deliver on any of their gameplay goals for the server, because they kept scrapping and redesigning the server plugin.

Honestly, if they had just committed themselves to doing a simple plugin and a final map before they made the server public, I think they'd have had much more success. The way they ended up doing it just frustrated and alienated their community, until the server ceased to be interesting or engaging, and it just stopped being a thing.

Just poked around on the forums, and apparently community members are taking the old maps and making their own Season 3 server, because the administrative team has all but vanished from the community. I hope they have more luck!

EDIT:
Soli, two things:

1. Please watch How Long? by HTDA and make me a skin based on the guy in there?
2. Would you be interested in helping me make a sci-fi styled texturepack with support for a few different mods?

1. I might get the wild hair to, but to be entirely honest, I probably won't.
2. I might be able to help with a texture pack, but it depends. I earn my meager pile of ducats doing digital art for a living, and it's easy to get burnt out on it. Depends on the size of the project, and what your goals are with it, I guess.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:07:42 am by Solifuge »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17870 on: May 28, 2013, 04:21:03 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to run a FTB minecraft server without an actual copy of minecraft? Because I'm planning on using a separate computer for the server. And I don't recall needing to sign into anything when making a normal server, but I don't know how that works for FTB.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17871 on: May 28, 2013, 05:03:57 pm »

Does anyone know if it's possible to run a FTB minecraft server without an actual copy of minecraft? Because I'm planning on using a separate computer for the server. And I don't recall needing to sign into anything when making a normal server, but I don't know how that works for FTB.
You can run a server without owning minecraft but when your client connects to it, the server will attempt to validate that your minecraft login is genuine.

Are you trying to run a server without a legit copy, or just asking if you need to buy a second copy? (You do not need to buy a second copy just to run a server)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17872 on: May 28, 2013, 05:15:22 pm »

Haha, no, no piracy here. I was talking about Feed the Beast. Don't you have to sign in to gain access to the server functions? Wouldn't that require 2 copies?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17873 on: May 28, 2013, 05:21:12 pm »

Haha, no, no piracy here. I was talking about Feed the Beast. Don't you have to sign in to gain access to the server functions? Wouldn't that require 2 copies?
You should be able to just run the server jar that it downloads.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17874 on: May 29, 2013, 12:39:49 am »

Minecraft Server doesn't login, but it uses the mojang servers to validate the users themselves (by default, but it can be turned off, which results in anyone being able to use any handle, even other players').

So you can download as many copies of server, FTB server, etc and run them anywhere, no licensing required.

Also FTB server is basically just regular server, doesn't come with the launcher or anything, just the jar and the mods and configs, all pre-zipped.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #17875 on: June 06, 2013, 11:47:55 pm »

I poked around on Nations at War at several points in its development cycle... a development cycle it was perpetually trapped in, where the moderators kept deleting the world as soon as players finished making some really beautiful and well-designed in-game builds. They also failed to deliver on any of their gameplay goals for the server, because they kept scrapping and redesigning the server plugin.

Honestly, if they had just committed themselves to doing a simple plugin and a final map before they made the server public, I think they'd have had much more success. The way they ended up doing it just frustrated and alienated their community, until the server ceased to be interesting or engaging, and it just stopped being a thing.

Just poked around on the forums, and apparently community members are taking the old maps and making their own Season 3 server, because the administrative team has all but vanished from the community. I hope they have more luck!

EDIT:
Soli, two things:

1. Please watch How Long? by HTDA and make me a skin based on the guy in there?
2. Would you be interested in helping me make a sci-fi styled texturepack with support for a few different mods?

1. I might get the wild hair to, but to be entirely honest, I probably won't.
2. I might be able to help with a texture pack, but it depends. I earn my meager pile of ducats doing digital art for a living, and it's easy to get burnt out on it. Depends on the size of the project, and what your goals are with it, I guess.

1. Cool.
2. Delayed that project, so nbd. I'm mostly gathering source files and such, but the general idea is a sci-fi, sort of Tron-styled feel with support for the latest Tekkit. I'll be able to do the vanilla stuff and most of the mod things myself, but I'll probably need help doing stuff like machines and items.

As for the N@W stuff...well, real life combined with some burnout and the admins put it into hibernation. The players haven't made their own Season 3, it's more of an interim "let's do some stuff" thing.

The admins also haven't vanished, either, they're still around and still participating. Sadly almiteycow and the rest are waiting for the Minecraft API to drop before really charging ahead with development.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:07:21 am by dragonshardz »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17876 on: June 17, 2013, 04:48:01 pm »

Well.
It *is* the smartest thing to do, imo. It gets them out of that very cycle, moo himself said that was their ongoing problem.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17877 on: June 17, 2013, 05:24:58 pm »

Is anyone here in the Realms beta?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile