Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426084 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17820 on: April 08, 2013, 11:11:21 am »

You rang?

Actually I couldn't care less anymore. Getting an official warning has a way of making you re-think priorities...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17821 on: April 08, 2013, 04:01:12 pm »

Honestly, talking about what mods are available is fine.

It's when there's 4 pages of industrialcraft howtos and stuff that it gets out of hand.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17822 on: April 10, 2013, 10:16:22 pm »

Well, every once in a while I get the feeling that minecraft could be modded to imitate another game, like space station 13 or terraria, but perhaps better. Anyone know of any finished or in process full conversion mods?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17823 on: April 11, 2013, 06:21:22 am »

Well, every once in a while I get the feeling that minecraft could be modded to imitate another game, like space station 13 or terraria, but perhaps better. Anyone know of any finished or in process full conversion mods?
Pretty sure TerraFirmaCraft is a full conversion.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17824 on: April 11, 2013, 03:44:59 pm »

It is in the loosest of terms. While the game no longer users that of the original items the game still retains the fact that after you get yourself kitted out in the best gear. You just stop playing...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17825 on: April 11, 2013, 03:47:36 pm »

You could try one of the custom maps, such as Super Hostile, or one of the multiplayer game maps. Race for the Wool #2 is good to check out, if you can get some people togetgher to play it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17826 on: April 11, 2013, 03:55:59 pm »

It is in the loosest of terms. While the game no longer users that of the original items the game still retains the fact that after you get yourself kitted out in the best gear. You just stop playing...

Could you please clarify? It's... sorry, your post is kinda incoherent for me. Imitating SS13, the Baystation 12 forums (not related anymore) made an SS13 texturepack for Minecraft, and a couple of mods might do the trick. Possibly.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17827 on: April 11, 2013, 04:09:47 pm »

Could you please clarify? It's... sorry, your post is kinda incoherent for me. Imitating SS13, the Baystation 12 forums (not related anymore) made an SS13 texturepack for Minecraft, and a couple of mods might do the trick. Possibly.
What I was referring to was that TFC is while a Conversion Mod, the gameplay doesn't go far from that of the original Minecraft. There isn't much changed that could be considered a Total Conversion tbh, its more a Conversion Mod in terms of making a Different Playstyle...

Trying to make something like SS13 and its game mechanics in Minecraft would be easy though, if you think about it there has been some games/gamemodes that have been created in Minecraft. Want to play Super Smash in Minecraft...
Theres a Game Mod for that...

Want to play TF2???
Theres a Game Mod for that too...

Hungry Hungry Hippos???
YEP...

So maybe there is an SS13 style Game Mod out there...
If so... Sethbling probably made it...

Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17828 on: April 11, 2013, 04:32:02 pm »

Super smash brothers is indeed a work of genius. But I mean a mod specifically made to imitate another video game and it's content. In terms of SS13, you would need electricity, player controlled mobs, genetics, surgery, etc.... Terraria mod would have everything terraria has in it, but in 3D.

I doubt one that good exists as it would probably be the best mod ever made, but I'm wishing.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17829 on: April 11, 2013, 04:47:37 pm »

Oh dear god, imagine fighting the eater of worlds in first person.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17830 on: April 11, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »

Super smash brothers is indeed a work of genius. But I mean a mod specifically made to imitate another video game and it's content. In terms of SS13, you would need electricity, player controlled mobs, genetics, surgery, etc.... Terraria mod would have everything terraria has in it, but in 3D.

I doubt one that good exists as it would probably be the best mod ever made, but I'm wishing.
Well just looking through Youtube shows that there are a group trying to do so with some of the mods used for Tekkit/FTB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZHcHIa7UxA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnXkRdEmnnw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ST9NQSTcBY
And so forth

And there was a Terraria Mod being made a while ago if I remember rightly...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8rSdpTdjrQ

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17831 on: April 11, 2013, 09:26:31 pm »

I think it would just be easier to make an entirely new game than to bend the Minecraft engine to your will that much...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17832 on: May 04, 2013, 02:50:59 pm »

Yogscast's Sjin, has begun on a Dwarvenly Megaproject.
I thought it would interest other fans of the Yogscast here.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17833 on: May 04, 2013, 03:00:06 pm »

Not a big fan of them personally if they're the ones I am thinking of.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #17834 on: May 04, 2013, 03:09:55 pm »

Sjin tends to be fairly cool even if you're not particularly fond of the YOGScast themselves.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 1187 1188 [1189] 1190 1191 ... 1380