Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426380 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17685 on: January 03, 2013, 02:31:39 pm »

So?

Hell, Mojang adding in things that have been in mods is one of the best things they can do, more features integrated into vanilla means less time waiting for mods to update, and less worrying about cross-mod compatibility.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17686 on: January 03, 2013, 02:54:28 pm »

What's the use in adding 1 item tough. You'll still have to wait for the mod to update and it may take longer depending on how Mojang implented it and how integrated the item was in the mod. Light sensor is nice tough.

Either way, my nether comment still stands. And by the name I still have the feeling that Nether Quartz is going to be a glorified Emerald.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17687 on: January 03, 2013, 03:11:58 pm »

Wiki says the Nether Quartz is used to make the new redstone components mentioned earlier
It's FEF, not FEOF

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17688 on: January 03, 2013, 03:18:38 pm »

Glowstone itself justifies the Nether completely I don't know what you're talking about. The quartz is used in advanced redstone recipes.

Buildcraft hoppers are drastically different from these things. And these things do a few extra cool things like load/unload from chest/chest carts, transmit horizontally and pick up items dropped in from the top. If anything the mod is inferior to the vanilla feature this time.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17689 on: January 03, 2013, 03:30:58 pm »

Glowstone itself justifies the Nether completely I don't know what you're talking about. The quartz is used in advanced redstone recipes.
You have an entire realm for just one light-emitting block. And some fancy redstone components, i guess.
The nether is just so... Bland.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 03:32:55 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17690 on: January 03, 2013, 03:41:24 pm »

I think this is just a difference of opinions and expectations here. I admit I would never settle down in there, but to say they screwed the execution of it up seems silly to me. I get several things not available in the overworld from it, I'm happy.

Dimensions must be hard to design too, because every modder and their mother made their own realm after that update. And 95% of them sucked, the good ones were deeply flawed.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17691 on: January 03, 2013, 03:54:28 pm »

The Aether was probably the closest to a good one, with lots of stuff. Only con is basically that you're not supposed to come back.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17692 on: January 03, 2013, 03:57:11 pm »

Tale of Kingdoms was probably my favorite but I guess it's less a seperate dimension and more a re-tooling of the goals and nature of the main one.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17693 on: January 03, 2013, 04:00:36 pm »

You have an entire realm for just one light-emitting block. And some fancy redstone components, i guess.
The nether is just so... Bland.
Nether fortress blocks? Blaze powder? Ghast tears? Infinite source of gold (via Zombie Pigmen drops)? Hell, infinite source of lava! Plenty of stuff in the Nether, even if you don't use it.

ETA: And I totally forgot about the fast-travel thing. Thanks, Andir.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:02:22 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17694 on: January 03, 2013, 04:01:30 pm »

We mainly used the Nether for travel and glowstone.  It's nice that they are adding more functionality... for free.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #17695 on: January 03, 2013, 04:43:37 pm »

Being able to grab a full stack of items by doubleclicking is neat also.

Hehe, hoppers are definitely WIP, they eat the entire contents of a furnace rather than just the output, still, they look like they're going to be a very neat feature once done.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 04:45:52 pm by The Darkling Wolf »
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17696 on: January 03, 2013, 04:56:11 pm »

I would like to see harder nether.  Not really hell if %85 of the inhabitants ignore you.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17697 on: January 04, 2013, 03:59:11 am »

We mainly used the Nether for travel and glowstone.  It's nice that they are adding more functionality... for free.

This is the main thing right here. I don't tend to complain about Minecraft vanilla anymore due to the fact that I paid about £8 for this a while ago and it's seen constant development for the last couple years. That's pretty damn impressive.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17698 on: January 04, 2013, 04:05:49 am »

The thing I like the most about Mojang is that they actually care about the customers and (at least sometimes) listen to what we want. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17699 on: January 04, 2013, 04:49:04 am »

From all of the update videos I have seen it all looks good so far. The biggest thing I don't like with it all is that the trapped chest doesn't use the same texture as the normal chest. The thing with this is that even if you make the texture the same all someone has to do is go into paint and write trap on the trapped chests texture and it will be glaringly obvious what it is. On the other hand even if I don't use it as a trap the fact that I will now be able to pack my chests in even more tightly will be fun.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.
Pages: 1 ... 1178 1179 [1180] 1181 1182 ... 1380