Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426514 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17625 on: October 23, 2012, 12:09:00 pm »

Woo for randomly naming things?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17626 on: October 25, 2012, 08:50:03 am »

1.4.2 official out. Currently buried in a hole listening to slimes hop over my hiding spot.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #17627 on: October 25, 2012, 09:04:08 am »

Ok....
Now I don't know if anyone else has seen this yet...
BUT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9emjalsOsE&feature=g-all-f

"minecraft style" just doesn't have the same ring. On the other hand that animation is superb. Great laugh.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17628 on: October 25, 2012, 09:53:50 am »

Torn between trying the new version or continue with the TerraFirmaCraft mod.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17629 on: October 25, 2012, 11:47:49 am »

Yeah, i kinda liked it. They should restrict making minecraft song parodies to captainsparklez, he is the ONLY person that can do it right.

Most other minecraft parodies are just "lulz blockeh === kewl!".

Also, fallen kingdom is definitely better. But it's so sad.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:50:17 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17630 on: October 26, 2012, 09:53:31 am »

For those of you wondering about certain new features in the new 1.4.2 update:

Yes, you can shoot creepers in the face while riding a pig at full speed. (Once you're at full speed you can switch out the carrot for a weapon, and your bacony steed will continue rampage in the direction you're facing)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17631 on: October 26, 2012, 10:08:20 am »

Jesus christ have you seen that animation holy hell

It's the sort of stuff I would like to see Minecraft use sometime in the future. Still blocky, just some squash and stretch and skew.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17632 on: October 26, 2012, 10:52:28 pm »

Yeah, i kinda liked it. They should restrict making minecraft song parodies to captainsparklez, he is the ONLY person that can do it right.
+1
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #17633 on: October 26, 2012, 11:01:19 pm »

Jesus christ have you seen that animation holy hell

It's the sort of stuff I would like to see Minecraft use sometime in the future. Still blocky, just some squash and stretch and skew.
Smartmoving does it a LITTLE bit. Namely when you're crawling, the leg that's "stepping forward" squashes a little bit, it looks quite good actually. However, this is not mod thread is it.
Actually having a mobile transportation in this new version gives me good vibes, pigs are useful for once~

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17634 on: October 26, 2012, 11:15:30 pm »

They where always useful, its just now that use is practical.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17635 on: October 27, 2012, 04:57:34 am »

Btw, did they "fix" the new cow sounds? I remember watching a video about the new sounds and the cow sounds sounded cut off.

E:
Actually, this is still the best minecraft song
Just the right amounts of nostalgia and awesome.

E2:
Actually, all the parodies captainsparklez makes are awesome.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:31:48 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17636 on: October 29, 2012, 09:05:37 am »

+1
I'm fine with his songs, but I can't stand to watch him play / listen to him talk at length.  I don't know what it is.  His voice, his demeanor... something about him irritates the shit out of me.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17637 on: October 29, 2012, 05:59:58 pm »

+1
I'm fine with his songs, but I can't stand to watch him play / listen to him talk at length.  I don't know what it is.  His voice, his demeanor... something about him irritates the shit out of me.
The reason you might be fine with the song parodies (but not his normal videos) is because CaptainSparklez doesn't do the vocals. That job falls to TryHardNinja.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17638 on: October 31, 2012, 01:49:04 pm »

For those who may be interested I started a Vanilla Lets Play for 1.4.2 and even if you don't really care about that I show two seeds I found for it that provide nice starting areas. The first is Desert and it spawns you within view of a Desert temple and a bit farther on after that is a Desert town with one of those surface dungeons that has the sand fall in on it so you can just jump in and take the stuff. The other seed and the one I actually used is desert and while you don't start at a desert you do start right next to one of the more realistic mountain ranges I have seen in vanilla Minecraft with a nice island mountain thing as well. Both of the seeds are show quickly at the start of the video.

Edit: so I have views on the first video and none on the second so I figure all the traffic came from here as only the first if posted here. Anyway here is a link to the overall playlist
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:23:53 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17639 on: November 03, 2012, 05:25:51 am »

Got on a new minecraft server, and enjoying this one a lot.  It's pretty much vanilla, except with the RPG mod and probably a few other things to make stuffs easier.  I've settled out in the ocean, underneath a tiny island.  My tree farm grows by the day, same with my other farm.  I've found TONS of coal and iron, plenty of caverns intersect with my mine, and I even found an abandoned mine that led me to plenty of redstone, lapis, and quite possibly, diamonds if I dig deeper.  My goal is to empty out enough stone to build an underground, underwater fortress.

Then invade the surface dwellers.
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1380