Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426645 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17580 on: October 08, 2012, 12:28:30 pm »

stuff
chill out bro, I just want to be able to play minecraft without shitting myself every time a spider falls through the roof.
This made me think of good ol' X and his spider problem.

And yes, i'm going to link to his videos as long as i have the power to link videos and there is a minecraft discussion going. He was one of the original LP-ers of minecraft, the other one was seananners.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17581 on: October 08, 2012, 05:39:00 pm »

I remember X's vid!  Convinced me to get it too!  Ah, for the days when pigs didn't run when struck with a sword...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17582 on: October 08, 2012, 07:37:50 pm »

The terrain was badass too.  Watched that video and thought "wow he found some awesome hills!" and then remembered "oh yeah, good ol' Perlin..."

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #17583 on: October 08, 2012, 07:43:40 pm »

In many aspects the newer minecraft versions are a step backwards. The old biomes were much cooler too.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17584 on: October 08, 2012, 09:05:34 pm »

I think they have a mod for that; I was going to say something about the old terrain being pretty awesome too, but I decided not to.

I do think it was a little... too awesome? I mean, the terrain was always kinda wacky, so you got used to it and it lost the wow factor quickly. I'd like a little combination of the current gen and the old gen, where you can see that wacky stuff, but not all over the place.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17585 on: October 08, 2012, 09:08:25 pm »

You know what Minecraft needs? A new biome...

No really it needs a new biome or a new suite of biomes anyway. Basically it need to take the current biomes and make a perlin version of them. Old world craziness but in only a few areas so you don't get desensitized because boring modern terrain is within view.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17586 on: October 08, 2012, 09:22:54 pm »

SOMEONE MOD IT :D

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17587 on: October 09, 2012, 12:21:29 am »

A Concrete Jungle biome would be cool or maybe I've been playing too much Tokyo Jungle   :D
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17588 on: October 09, 2012, 12:31:13 am »

and the community was better.
Now I know this is a lie. The community was always terrible, just in different ways.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17589 on: October 09, 2012, 11:52:49 am »

At least minecraft survival wasnt split up in 5 different forums. Minecraft survival alpha was the place to be, good and worthwhile threads would stay on top giving you a constant stream of info. I remember the good ol' "art of war" thread. And tnt cannons, oh tnt cannons.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17590 on: October 09, 2012, 02:06:25 pm »

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one that remembers TNT cannons made with an obsidian tube filled with TNT.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #17591 on: October 09, 2012, 02:36:44 pm »

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one that remembers TNT cannons made with an obsidian tube filled with TNT.
WHY HAVEN'T I THOUGHT OF THAT

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17592 on: October 09, 2012, 02:42:24 pm »

WHY HAVEN'T I THOUGHT OF THAT

They had a range of approximately 5-6 blocks. They weren't great.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17593 on: October 09, 2012, 03:23:17 pm »

They had a range of approximately 5-6 blocks. They weren't great.

But what was in range of the cannon sure got levelled!
It was more like a TNT shotgun than a cannon at that point.
If you really loaded one up, you could get okay range. Nowhere near sniper cannon levels, but you could shred anything in front of the cannon. Including the ground. Especially the ground.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17594 on: October 09, 2012, 04:00:42 pm »

Bay12 dosn't seem to be organized enough.
We should do something about that.
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 ... 1380