Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426825 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17445 on: August 23, 2012, 05:35:08 am »

weird. Try reuploading or something? If all else fails, there is a MC help channel somewhere.

The channel is #mchelp on irc.esper.net

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17446 on: August 23, 2012, 06:00:17 am »

Ok, just got it.

Switching topic, I was thinking, Mojang should add kicking to vanilla Minecraft.  As in, when you have only your fist equipped, right click to kick.  You can hold down the kick like you do with a bow, so that at full charge, the kick has a knockback effect.

Also, sneaking.  As in, single player sneaking, allowing you to remain undetected from mobs as long as they dont have direct line of sight. 

With both combined, I can finally have a minecraft game where I don't use weapons.

I know I'm not the first person to suggest this, and won't be the last, so to hell with originality. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17447 on: August 23, 2012, 06:11:40 am »

You know, I wish I could selectively remove parts of the game. Endermen and the End need to go :[

It's not that I have some weird OCD thing and hate blocks being moved, and it's not even that I don't want to breaking things I make, it's just that they don't feel minecrafty to me. Then again, a lot of things in minecraft don't feel minecrafty to me anymore. I'm too stubborn to move on, I guess.

(but shit I aint even joking, oh god why is the end in the game it feels like some terrible mod but oh no its official? damn)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17448 on: August 23, 2012, 06:22:41 am »

I can see why people don't like it (myself included). But luckily it's in another dimension (Wolfmother style) so can just be ignored. Never been in the End myself.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17449 on: August 23, 2012, 06:41:35 am »

I've only been to it jokingly when playing with friends on a freebuild server i hosted.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17450 on: August 23, 2012, 08:04:51 am »

I'd have preferred the sky dimension to the end, myself.

Me too: I got to play on a server in it once, and I built a quite inspired glass-faced building and a farm above it. :3 The Sky Dimension feels nice and new. If it was officially supported, it would have all those new ores added, and mod-ores added too, but sadly.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17451 on: August 23, 2012, 08:24:07 am »

The Aether is a modded dimension that's very much fantasy and almost JRPG.

Sky Dimension was coded in for a while, but never made available, and is functionally a series of floating islands.  If you're using the Mystcraft mod, the "skylands" variable produces the same effect - it may even be directly ripped from vanilla's code concern the sky dimension.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #17452 on: August 23, 2012, 08:28:19 am »

You're thinking of the aether, I think.

I'm thinking of the sky dimension that was added to the coding, but never used.
No, I'm talking of the coded sky dimension. One of the Bukkit plugins made a Sky Dimension world available. I did that. I don't really like the Aether that much and think it should stay a mod. To each their own. o_O

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17453 on: August 23, 2012, 08:33:35 am »

I would love to do a survival on Sky Islands without the use mods.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17454 on: August 23, 2012, 08:43:28 am »

That actually sounds like a lot of fun.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #17455 on: August 23, 2012, 08:43:56 am »

I was heartbroken when I heard that they had changed plans and decided not to make sky dimension. :(
The end does not interest me in the slightest, havent even bothered to go there myself.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17456 on: August 23, 2012, 10:41:48 am »

The End is only really fun if you get a bunch of friends multiplayer to go on some stupid quest to do it.

I was heartbroken when I heard that they had changed plans and decided not to make sky dimension. :(
When did they say this? To my knowlage its still "Something they will do later".
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17457 on: August 23, 2012, 11:04:31 am »

Of course the end is....bleh.

It's a parody of slendermen from....well....slenderman, and dragons from skyrim. I think it was just thrown together for some quick publicity.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17458 on: August 23, 2012, 11:28:20 am »

Fairly sure The End predates skyrim.  And that dragons have been at the back of Minecraft thought workings for YEARS.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17459 on: August 23, 2012, 12:01:29 pm »

Yeah, but promised features are no things to go by. Chances are that they'll just be forgotten by time.

Pages: 1 ... 1162 1163 [1164] 1165 1166 ... 1380