Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426880 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17415 on: August 21, 2012, 08:01:51 am »

You may enjoy Mystcraft, then.  It lets you craft books that transport you to other worlds, and these worlds can be rather themed.  So like, generate a custom world with normal terrain, normal time, taiga biome, taiga hills, medium/small biomes, and you'll get a world of endless snowy forests.  Oh, and "eternal weather" will make it snow at all times.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17416 on: August 21, 2012, 09:48:33 am »

True. I'd love to have back the good ol' perlin noise. It made worlds incredibly intresting. Now everything is flat, except for extreme hills, wich is boring too since its basically flat terrain, only a few Y-levels higher.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17417 on: August 21, 2012, 01:20:03 pm »

I remember my first world. I had a nice large area walled in with torches everywhere, a few random towers up on the hills, and one side bordered by half a mountain that I put a castle and clock building on.

Also had numerous random houses and stuff everyone since that was well before maps and I'd gotten lost a few times. Neat place, but long abandoned after all the changes the game has been through since Alpha.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17418 on: August 21, 2012, 01:23:12 pm »

My first Minecraft was embarrassing.  I watching some of the old LPs and everyone got inside during night.  So I never got a look at the night, and I figured "What's the worse that could happen?"  30 seconds after sunset, I panic and toss dirt blocks around to make an awkward 2 block high wall around a bit of sand I was sitting on.  Needless to say, all the skeletons proceeded to jump around and shoot me over the walls.  I was like a fish in a barrel.  And I died.  But I was so close to spawn that I kept respawning by the skeletons and getting perma-killed.  Very awkward way to spend the time until dawn.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17419 on: August 21, 2012, 02:17:40 pm »

I remember my first minecraft world. It was called Infiniminer, and you needed to use a VPN to set up a multiplayer game. It was awesome.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17420 on: August 21, 2012, 03:59:51 pm »

I hope they make it an option to Generate Pre-1.2.0 Alpha and Pre-1.8 Beta Worlds, because that would be the shit.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17421 on: August 22, 2012, 08:59:16 am »

Double Post, but whatever.

Would anyone be interesting in a Minecraft Multiplayer where we play in sessions all at once rather then coming on and off of servers at random? Its something that I've wanted to do for a while now.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17422 on: August 22, 2012, 11:07:43 am »

I had this idea that when the new updates come, we could do a session based town roleplay.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17423 on: August 22, 2012, 11:11:41 am »

Would anyone be interesting in a Minecraft Multiplayer where we play in sessions all at once rather then coming on and off of servers at random? Its something that I've wanted to do for a while now.
You could do this on any server just by coordinating with the other players. I have both a vanilla server for 1.3.1 and a modded server for 1.2.5, you could float the idea in my server thread if you like.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17424 on: August 22, 2012, 11:40:38 am »

I would, those are the best type of servers. Especially if we can get everyone on vent or skype or something.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17425 on: August 22, 2012, 11:43:23 am »

You could do this on any server just by coordinating with the other players. I have both a vanilla server for 1.3.1 and a modded server for 1.2.5, you could float the idea in my server thread if you like.

Yeah, but I'm talking about "Starting from Scratch", and not having a whole server already full of built shit all over.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17426 on: August 22, 2012, 11:52:47 am »

Yeah, but I'm talking about "Starting from Scratch", and not having a whole server already full of built shit all over.

Exactly. This must be made. I must play on it.

I would make the server myself but I have little free time lately (hopefully that will change next week) and I can't get my minecraft server to be accessible to others.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17427 on: August 22, 2012, 11:56:09 am »

The vanilla server has very little on it, at least last time I was there. Mostly a few wood shacks. I could easily reset the map if you like.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17428 on: August 22, 2012, 12:01:24 pm »

Is the server going to be:

-White listed

- A "Turned on only when we have everyone/enough of us"
or
- A "On at X time to X time" server

?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17429 on: August 22, 2012, 12:04:47 pm »

A combination of both I guess.

I'll only turn it on during the sessions, and there will be a white list Just in case. I'll host the server, by the way.

The vanilla server has very little on it, at least last time I was there. Mostly a few wood shacks. I could easily reset the map if you like.

Why when we can get an entirely fresh world?

Pages: 1 ... 1160 1161 [1162] 1163 1164 ... 1380