Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1155 1156 [1157] 1158 1159 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427022 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17340 on: August 16, 2012, 08:23:13 am »

Oh nice.  Hanging items is unexpectedly nice development, especially with maps.  If only the maps were a bit, bigger... like, on the wall.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17341 on: August 16, 2012, 08:26:23 am »

I wonder how it works with mod items.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17342 on: August 16, 2012, 10:52:32 am »

Sweet, one less mod to install when 1.4 rolls around :P
*Hugs*

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17343 on: August 16, 2012, 11:24:35 am »

Dinnerbone is so awesome.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17344 on: August 16, 2012, 11:49:08 am »

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17345 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:57 am »

I don't know what that means.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17346 on: August 16, 2012, 11:59:00 am »

Dinnerbone's the one who did the item frames, I assume anyway. He's also responsible for Tripwires.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17347 on: August 16, 2012, 12:08:56 pm »

Sweet, one less mod to install when 1.4 rolls around :P
Funnily enough, the original guy who made those stone walls was a redditor who released it as a small mod that just had stone walls. I would complain about the guys who copied it completely on the MC forums because they should hate that, but Vanilla with Sprinkles is actually a pretty neat project and deserves praise.

I do sorta hope he has the frames blow out maps a little bit more. It's a tad hard to see them as it is now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17348 on: August 16, 2012, 12:10:29 pm »

So looking at the walls... are the stone 'posts' automatic similar to fences or what?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17349 on: August 16, 2012, 01:32:56 pm »

I'm not sure whether to make a new topic for this or not, but would anyone be interested in helping me make a Fallout themed adventure map? The guys over at the Minecraft forum seem to be giving me the cold shoulder. I'm somewhat new to hosting servers, so don't be surprised if I mess something up. I've already started on it, so here're some screenshots:
Spoiler: WARNING: HUGE PICTURES (click to show/hide)
It'll require this texture pack: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/942824-32x131-apocalyptic-adventure-fallout-wasteland-8-5-2012-updated/
PM me if you're interested, I'll provide the server name and password.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:11:54 pm by ShoesandHats »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17350 on: August 16, 2012, 01:36:37 pm »

I'm not sure whether to make a new topic for this or not, but would anyone be interested in helping me make a Fallout themed adventure map? The guys over at the Minecraft forum seem to be giving me the cold shoulder. I'm somewhat new to hosting servers, so don't be surprised if I mess something up. I've already started on it, so here're some screenshots:
It'll require this texture pack: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/942824-32x131-apocalyptic-adventure-fallout-wasteland-8-5-2012-updated/
PM me if you're interested, I'll provide the download and the server name and password.
All vanilla?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17351 on: August 16, 2012, 01:37:25 pm »

PM me if you're interested, I'll provide the download and the server name and password.
All vanilla?

Yup.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17352 on: August 16, 2012, 02:05:58 pm »

Dinnerbone's the one who did the item frames, I assume anyway. He's also responsible for Tripwires.

He also did a bunch of other stuff. Because of him you can now edit spawners to spawn anything that isn't a block, encluding entities BTW. Really useful if your trying to make a custom map.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:46:53 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17353 on: August 16, 2012, 02:30:27 pm »

All vanilla?

Yup.
Would be better with a few specific mods. Computercraft or Redpower would let you do computer controlled doors (password locks, find the password somewhere... 'hacking', etc). You could leave information in editable books around the map that lead to different things. redpower frame doors would let the vault door slide into place or slide open, for example. Just saying.

The texture pack and work you've done so far look top notch though. :)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17354 on: August 16, 2012, 02:45:25 pm »

All vanilla?

Yup.
Would be better with a few specific mods. Computercraft or Redpower would let you do computer controlled doors (password locks, find the password somewhere... 'hacking', etc). You could leave information in editable books around the map that lead to different things. redpower frame doors would let the vault door slide into place or slide open, for example. Just saying.

The texture pack and work you've done so far look top notch though. :)

Yeah, but installing mods can already be a pain, and like I said, I'm not at all experienced in setting up servers. It'd be nice, but I'm not sure I could get those mods on the server.
Pages: 1 ... 1155 1156 [1157] 1158 1159 ... 1380