Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2429053 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17325 on: August 13, 2012, 08:54:21 am »

What bug was this? o.o

As I said, there's this annoying bug that causes things you build/change in the gameworld to completely vanish or 'revert' when loading a save.

I've been getting this ever since the singleplayer+multiplayer merger. Had it happen again in 1.3.

Had an entire wheat field, chest of stuff, sugarcane farm, and a small house completely vanish.

Have you tried placing blocks where a disappeared object was? I had something like this happen to me a couple of times in the snapshots leading up to 1.3; all my stuff was still there, but there was a display error. It was somewhat like an old chunk display error, but with the natural terrain instead of gaping hole. Also seemed to be really prevalent in villages for some strange reason.

Placing a block there if there's only one or two 'vanished' blocks, and they will reappear rather than whatever you used to refresh them being placed . If there's more, just log out then back in again.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17326 on: August 13, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »

Incidentally!

I have opened a vanilla 1.3.1 server for testing at 173.230.139.97

Any and all are welcome to fuck around on it. I need to test it under some kind of load. Its a new linux instance and I need to determine if I need a better vps, if this service will work well, etc.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17327 on: August 14, 2012, 01:29:00 am »

I read someone a while ago that minecraft updates now happen every first day of the month.
Is this information correct?

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17328 on: August 14, 2012, 01:32:15 am »

Not that I'm aware. They drop the snapshots most thursdays though.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17329 on: August 14, 2012, 02:05:10 am »

Not that I'm aware. They drop the snapshots most thursdays though.
I ment proper updates, not the snapshots.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17330 on: August 14, 2012, 02:54:58 am »

So did I. Like I said; not that I am aware. I have seen nothing to that effect on the mojang blog or on any of the twitter feeds. That said, I may have missed a tweet or two... there's a fair bit of junk burying the diamonds.

THAT said, it seems a bit unlikely they would commit to that; they can push snapshots out each week because it's okay if they're buggy. However, a major update has to be at least moderately bug-free, and tracking down bugs can play havoc with planned release dates. As for minor bug fixing updates, well those will probably be released pretty well as soon as they're made, as there's not much point in waiting for a month.

Also, where'd you read it, if I may ask? If it's the MC forums, it's probably not reliable... I have read some truly ridiculous stuff claimed as fact there.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17331 on: August 14, 2012, 04:50:46 am »

Ah alright. I don't remember where I read it, most likely the MC forums but I don't usually believe what they say on there.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17332 on: August 14, 2012, 05:24:14 am »

In fact I'm fairly sure they have no set release schedule. Wherever you read that, it was probably wishful thinking that made someone write it.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17333 on: August 15, 2012, 11:29:36 am »

Is anyone else having trouble with skins? My skin seems to always revert back to the default minecraft skin.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17334 on: August 15, 2012, 11:33:25 am »

Is anyone else having trouble with skins? My skin seems to always revert back to the default minecraft skin.
Are you using any mods? I know the mystcraft mod will do that sometimes on moving from one age to another

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17335 on: August 15, 2012, 11:36:22 am »

No, I am using no mods what so ever. (Playing a Custom map)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17336 on: August 15, 2012, 11:39:41 am »

I saw a twitter post on the mojang website the other day that seemed to mention something about restarting the skins server. they may be having issues, I'd check twitter.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17337 on: August 16, 2012, 07:12:17 am »

After a suggestion on Reddit Dinnerbone has added hangable item frames where you can store one item in:

And as an extension of that..

FLOWAH POTS!

And Jeb added:

Stone walls :D

I like this tiny little aesthetic items.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17338 on: August 16, 2012, 07:20:24 am »

I knew about the pots and frames, but they added walls as well?! Sweet! I'm especially happy because this finally gives us a thin, opaque block that will be perfect for interior walls

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17339 on: August 16, 2012, 07:55:27 am »

Holy shit you mean I can finally hang my maps? :) :)
Pages: 1 ... 1154 1155 [1156] 1157 1158 ... 1380